The pitch at Old Trafford

I thought it looked better than it did a couple of weeks ago, possibly to do with the dryer weather recently.

I hope they have a master-plan of fixing it before the Madrid game. It is awful!!

Hmm I don't know about that. It certainly looks better than when we had those 3 home games within the space of about a week. It was at its worst then.

I thought it looked good, just wanted to praise our groundsman, looked better than in any of last 4 or 5 games.

We have a lot of home games coming up with Norwich, Madrid, Chelsea and Reading set to come. Can't see this pitch holding up much longer

I did the tour yesterday with my daughter ..... The pitch is in a shocking state, there are parks pitches near me that have more grass on.

Yeah, it's still in poor state, but the differnce between today's game and the game against Southampton is enormous.

I think we might have a stretch of 4 home games coming up soon :nervous:
Haven't checked the fixtures, but if this is the case the last few games in that run the pitch is going to be awful.

Not a lot we can do about it though until the end of the season :(

It was horrible last night.

Still, it would be great if we could face Barcelona on that pitch. Like to see their ticky-tacky football on that shit.

feck knows what parks you guys play on, my park had a fecking massive puddle in each six yard box and no grass.

I really don't think the pitch is that much of an issue, just as long as it's flat we're good to go from my experience :lol:.

feck knows what parks you guys play on, my park had a fecking massive puddle in each six yard box and no grass.
Sounds like my teams home pitch. Any heavy rain and it turns into a swamp with a couple of spots where the ball just stops dead

Admittedly it did look better and i guess it's because it had a bit of a break. Thankfully we playing QPR away so it should be back to its best for the Madrid game.

The groundsman has done a good job over the last few weeks-pitch now looks half decent.

It almost injured the annoying Norwich keeper.

The pitch was almost perfect, i noticed that it cut up in the first half after Kagawa attempted to reach a ball coming across him.

Other than that i think the ground staff have done an amazing job.

I wonder if it'll work in our favour tomorrow. Is the pitch fast or slow? I haven't really paid much attention to the physics of the ball against the pitch. If it's slow, then it'll probably work for us.

The pitch looks passable at the moment, but still nowhere near the beautiful surface we've gotten used to over the last ten years.

However, I think the quality of the pitch will affect both teams equally. We're both ball-playing teams that also like to counter-attack. No-one is going to want to take advantage of a dodgy surface by keeping it scrappy and aerial, the way Stoke might, for example. So I don't think there's much to worry about with the pitch.

I hope we keep the pitch un-watered so that not only will the ball not zip across the surface, but the ball will bounce erratically and very high.

There is no shame to optimising pitch conditions. Same for us, yes, but a scrappy game suits us.

It looked great, until Snodgrass started to tackle like maniac.

I hope we keep the pitch un-watered so that not only will the ball not zip across the surface, but the ball will bounce erratically and very high.

There is no shame to optimising pitch conditions. Same for us, yes, but a scrappy game suits us.

I'm concerned that the majority of Real players have a better first touch than ours so that may suit them

I'm concerned that the majority of Real players have a better first touch than ours so that may suit them

Surely you must have watched enough FA Cup ties to observe that a bad pitch can lead to all manner of unexpected results and mistakes?

Remember we have been playing on OUR bad surface for months now?

Surely you must have watched enough FA Cup ties to observe that a bad pitch can lead to all manner of unexpected results and mistakes?

Remember we have been playing on OUR bad surface for months now?

And injuries. Remember we have had the same pitch for six years... A record for us in recent years.

Work has began apparently

2B34239844AE4F768FC05C4FBDC123F0.ashx

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2334310/Manchester-United-play-synthetic-pitch-800-000-Old-Trafford-overhaul.html?ico=sport^headlines

I'm damn sure it's dangerous. I have wondered if it was something to do with sightlines of the bigger-style advertising boards for the tv cameras, but I've never heard anyone else say that so it's probably bollocks.

I hope they are going to reduce the slope round the edges a bit, always looks dangerous to me. Doesn't look like it from the pic though...

Doubt that will happen. They'd need to use heavy equipment to shave a foot or two off the surface. Plus there's the under soil heating and drainage.