Film The Penguin - Batman Series

Looking forward to seeing it, I will wait until all episodes are released though.
Same! Really looking to this

I get this when it comes to series that you're afraid are going to be cancelled before they are done, but this isn't one of those. Surely part of the fun of great TV is thinking about and maybe discussing the show while it's running? Granted, this isn't like Severance or other "mystery" shows, but I still enjoy expecting new episodes to drop.

At the end of the second episode when I saw his name appear as an executive producer I've realized that Penguin is actually Colin Farrell :lol:
It's probably a common knowledge but it was a proper mindblowning moment for me.

It’s been good and enjoyable so far. Brilliant is stretching it, but Farrel is great in the lead and it’s certainly intriguing this far. I’m not even a fan of the character in general, but that doesn’t matter for this show. It’s more a mafia show.

The acting is good. The actual plot so far hasn't impressed me. Too many coincidental lucky escape moments for Oz already so far for my liking.

Trying to hold off an binge all season in one, is it better to just watch once a week?

Damn you Netflix , making Binging a thing

The acting is good. The actual plot so far hasn't impressed me. Too many coincidental lucky escape moments for Oz already so far for my liking.

Yeah I felt the same about episode two, it was pretty much episode one again.

Trying to hold off an binge all season in one, is it better to just watch once a week?

Damn you Netflix , making Binging a thing

Once a week. If you’ve got people to discuss it with. It’s a great show so far. Very slow paced, but with a lot happening, if that doesn’t sound back to front.

It’s also very darkly lit and moody. Dunno about you, but I wouldn’t want to run three episodes a day of that.

Once a week. If you’ve got people to discuss it with. It’s a great show so far. Very slow paced, but with a lot happening, if that doesn’t sound back to front.

It’s also very darkly lit and moody. Dunno about you, but I wouldn’t want to run three episodes a day of that.

Exactly the type of movie/series I enjoy. Will give it a go today. Can't wait.

Watched both episodes. Really good and enjoyable. Like pretty much everything about it so far. Colin Farrell is just brillant

Great setting, good pacing and very good acting from everyone involved. No unnecessary side- or subplots, no "deeper message" slapped across the face. Just enjoyable entertainment.
I'm also really enjoying the relationship between Oz and Vic. What some thought would be the weakest part of the show is turning into the strongest. That episode really fleshed it out.

Slightly suspicious that they're going to break our hearts but intrigued to see where they go with it.

I'm also really enjoying the relationship between Oz and Vic. What some thought would be the weakest part of the show is turning into the strongest. That episode really fleshed it out.

Slightly suspicious that they're going to break our hearts but intrigued to see where they go with it.

Absolutely. They have done a great job with that. Also much down to some very good acting.
Has been quite some time since I enjoyed a show like this.

My little theory based on some foreshadowing this episode Vic betrays Oz for power. Sophia said in this episode to Oz that he was to remember he was her former driver. He ended up betraying her for a ”better life”. Who is currently Oz’s driver and slowly getting a thirst for all this?

My little theory based on some foreshadowing this episode Vic betrays Oz for power. Sophia said in this episode to Oz that he was to remember he was her former driver. He ended up betraying her for a ”better life”. Who is currently Oz’s driver and slowly getting a thirst for all this?

I’d just have had that down as a framing device to show Vics internal struggle. A carrot is being dangled. Personally, I think it goes the other way. He gets killed on his final job or something. He’s such a sweet and naive kid. There’s more emotional heft to him dying trying to do something for a villain, than there is a character arc where he breaks bad imo.

I’d just have had that down as a framing device to show Vics internal struggle. A carrot is being dangled. Personally, I think it goes the other way. He gets killed on his final job or something. He’s such a sweet and naive kid. There’s more emotional heft to him dying trying to do something for a villain, than there is a character arc where he breaks bad imo.
I don’t disagree. I trust the show to write whatever really well though. Enjoying it so much.

There’s definitely something they could do further down the line with his family dying because of the riddler/could also blame the batman for not stopping it. If they keep him in the game anyways.

I don’t disagree. I trust the show to write whatever really well though. Enjoying it so much.

There’s definitely something they could do further down the line with his family dying because of the riddler/could also blame the batman for not stopping it. If they keep him in the game anyways.

It really is a great show. They’d do well to market it to Breaking Bad, The Wire, Soprano fans and not lean on the comic book stuff.

It has touch points: Arkham, The Riddler, Gotham of course.

But it should have gigantic appeal as it’s shaping up to be so good. Yet I’ve heard plenty of folks say ‘I don’t watch comic book stuff’.

They’ve missed a trick. Reckon it’ll be a sleeper rather than a gigantic first season success.

That was a good episode. It was nice to get some background on Vic, who has been the best character so far, imo. Another last second lucky escape for Oz, though.

Farrell is just brilliant. One of the most incredible transformations that I've ever seen on screen — and I'm not just talking about make up & stuff (although these guys are amazing and should get all the awards).

Hitting eject after 1.5 episodes. Just wasn’t holding my interest and too much other shit in my DVR I gotta get around to. May re-visit if reviews remain strong throughout the season.

This is seriously good, and I never bothered with that 3 hour Batman film.

Farrell and the kid who plays Vic are superb.

It really is a great show. They’d do well to market it to Breaking Bad, The Wire, Soprano fans and not lean on the comic book stuff.

It has touch points: Arkham, The Riddler, Gotham of course.

But it should have gigantic appeal as it’s shaping up to be so good. Yet I’ve heard plenty of folks say ‘I don’t watch comic book stuff’.

They’ve missed a trick. Reckon it’ll be a sleeper rather than a gigantic first season success.

Yes I was avoiding this because I thought it’ll be like the Marvel crap but this is actually quite decent.

There’s also the American mobster genre which I dig and there’s not enough shit out there to scratch that itch.

Brilliant episode. I kind of groaned when it became clear it was a ‘filler’ episode on Sofias background. But it turned out to be anything but. She’s an expertly written character. I missed the rest of the cast this week, but the Arkham scenes were haunting and her journey from potential modern mob boss to throwback ultra violent mob boss was expertly done.

Pingu is in trouble. Big trouble.

Interesting, I found all the scenes in Arkham itself kind of ridiculous? The fork scene was just stupid?

But there were parts of the episode that were brilliant and the acting from the main characters remains excellent.

Interesting, I found all the scenes in Arkham itself kind of ridiculous? The fork scene was just stupid?

But there were parts of the episode that were brilliant and the acting from the main characters remains excellent.

Why was the fork scene just stupid?

I didn’t find Arkham scenes as great as the rest of the caf at least. But I think it’s just this condensed nature of them that irks me the most, mental hospitals (especially if you can’t just leave on your own volition) really grind you down over time but we haven’t really seen that, it’s just a couple of action scenes and she’s a changed woman…

Not that I don’t understand why they did it, the show is about the present and has little/nothing to do with Arkham itself so they were more or less forced to give that overview of her backstory in a very condensed manner in order to still return to the current timeline and to give her her big moment.

Why was the fork scene just stupid?

She was well aware she had been setup to get her in there and the doctors were manufacturing the situation...so she fell for the old here's a fork go stab the nutter trick?

Seemed proper stupid to me, but I'm enjoying this show anyway so whatevs.

I like how consistent it is, every episode was good. also refreshing to see a show almost entirely devoid of cheap parts like pointless nudity and sex scenes.

Episode 5 was another very very good episode. Hard to match the 4th episode but still did a very good job. Turning out to be one of the best shows of the year.

I like how consistent it is, every episode was good. also refreshing to see a show almost entirely devoid of cheap parts like pointless nudity and sex scenes.
Well, I was thinking about starting this but now I see this and thinking I maybe shouldn't. What happened to the Spartacus shows of the world. Bunch of prudes.

Loving it. Penguin is a Gangster

Episode 5 went too fast for my liking though. My least favourite episode thus far..still good mind.