The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're only 5 goals away from conceding the same amount of goals in the entirety of 2017-18 in the PL. We kept 18 clean sheets last season, 2 so far this season.

Just incredible to see our defense completely fall apart in this way. It's not like we're a better attacking team either. If you look at our shots on goal, 17-18 was statistically better, the only exception being that we now shoot slightly more regularly in the penalty area (from 1 shot every 13.4mins to 1 shot every 13.0mins this season).

Every minute that he's not fired is a wasted minute. He is petulant, he's stodgy, and not in the least creative. Has he spent one hour with the team discussing how to actually attack in the forward third. Crystal Palace looked far more cohesive and flowing in attack than we did this past weekend. Actually, most everyone looks like they've at least discussed how they might plan to attack a defense except us. When we have the ball in the forward third, there is no movement, no quick passing or anything other than individual performance from Martial, Rashford, Fellaini or Mata to create a chance. Rashford's nice turn and extreme pace helped us get 2 goals on Saturday.

I wonder if Mourinho is trying to get fired at this point. The lineup was one of the worst that I can even imagine. At least Darmian wasn't in there. Playing 3 or 5 in the back with 2 non defenders.

It's unwatchable. I've begun imagining other coaches first 2 months with our club as a transformation from this garbage begins to emerge. A fast pressing style like Klopp or a possession based short quick passing style like Sari....

And YES, we still need 3 or 4 players to make us a truly top team, including a central defender and a great holding midfielder... but even those players wouldn't make us enjoyable to watch under Jose.

Please, for the love of all things Red, send Mou home.

To me it seems like Ed just got played like a fiddle. A DOF could have advised on what needed to be done at that point as these are Basic 101's in running a football club. Ed's making costly mistakes and using us as his learning curve.
I would imagine most Dofs unless there was already a plan of succession would have also granted him a new contract. That noise of him leaving came out at the perfect time and yes it was probably released as a ploy but Ed had to give him a contract as would anyone in that situation. He was 2nd and although like I said personally thought he was doing a terrible job he had a lot of support from fans and papers if I recall. Ed was in a catch 22, damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.

I would imagine most Dofs unless there was already a plan of succession would have also granted him a new contract. That noise of him leaving came out at the perfect time and yes it was probably released as a ploy but Ed had to give him a contract as would anyone in that situation. He was 2nd and although like I said personally thought he was doing a terrible job he had a lot of support from fans and papers if I recall. Ed was in a catch 22, damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.

Nope he could have waited two weeks to see us lose to Sevilla.

His parting gift should be - putting a dent in Liverpools title challenge. That can be for him what the FA cup was for LVG.

His parting gift should be - putting a dent in Liverpools title challenge. That can be for him what the FA cup was for LVG.

Yeah, if we can hamper their goal difference by having them only beat us by one or two goals, that should be a top result for Jose.

If Mourinho was managing any top team of any league he would have been sacked by now. I can't understand why are we taking so long.

If Mourinho was managing any top team of any league he would have been sacked by now. I can't understand why are we taking so long.
Umm because we are run by people concerned about money more than they are about football?

Yeah, if we can hamper their goal difference by having them only beat us by one or two goals, that should be a top result for Jose.
:lol:

This is one game be can park the bus, the aeroplane etc and play as ugly football as gives him pleasure. Play Fellaini, Smalling and Lukaku upfront. Drop Martial for never smiling. Call Pogba a trojan horse. Whatevs Jose. Go on. Go as anti beautiful football as you want. Just nick points off the feckers.

Umm because we are run by people concerned about money more than they are about football?
That's probably true enough but there could be a lack of options to replace him as well, some of the bigger name managers might not be interested in joining until summer where they can have a transfer window to get players in/out and that's just the free agents, if we're going for a manager already at a club it'd be extremely hard to get them mid-season.

Keeping him as a manager will also create substantial money losses, since failing the UCL will have a huge impact in our merchandising numbers out of the UK. Our club value is going down as we speak and our players market value is also going downhill.

I can't believe they are just short-term thinkers about money.

That's probably true enough but there could be a lack of options to replace him as well, some of the bigger name managers might not be interested in joining until summer where they can have a transfer window to get players in/out and that's just the free agents, if we're going for a manager already at a club it'd be extremely hard to get them mid-season.

Bigger name managers are rarely available because they usually keep their spot for several seasons. Our best "top" options would be Conte and Zidane.

But appointing another defensive manager as Conte would be terrible.

So, if not Zidane, there are still plenty of interesting options of managers that would leave their clubs to join us, even if it's for a short period. You have managers with potential like Paulo Fonseca, Michel Der Zakarian, Pablo Machín, Julian Nagelsmann, Adi Hutter, etc

Lack of options doesn't mean we keep sabotaging our season. The guy ain't trying anymore. Instead he continues to drop Martial, never plays Pereira and sticks to his favorites like Matic and Rom. Interim manager could do a better job than Jose.

Keeping him as a manager will also create substantial money losses, since failing the UCL will have a huge impact in our merchandising numbers out of the UK. Our club value is going down as we speak and our players market value is also going downhill.

I can't believe they are just short-term thinkers about money.
The club is run by fecking idiots and they are indecisive as feck. Save 14m now and lose more next season. Thick money men.

Maybe Ed & co are wary of JM suing for unfair dismissal?

His defence would be 'EL & LC cups;2nd place;only 14 games played this season...and they fired me.'
He deserves the sack if he comes up with this bullsh*t. Even my dog can say utd ain't finishing in top 4 this season.

The anger must be directed at the board now. Even Southampton have sacked their manager it's beyond a joke. II'e gone past being angry with Mourinho . he'll continue to drag the club through the mud in order to get the sack but the board won't heed the warning signs and sack him already . Yet another season wasted

So I checked to make sure that it was him talking, he is now suggesting that this team is on paper not a top 4 team. So we went from we have no right to compete with City to it's a stretch to expect top 4 with these players.

His defence would be 'EL & LC cups;2nd place;only 14 games played this season...and they fired me.'

Yet no one can dispute that he has created a toxic working environment. He'd have no defence.

I don't think I've hated anyone more in football than this self-absorbed, incompetent, poisonous prick.

So this idiot is now implying that the squad that has been built for over £700 fecking million since Fergie retired is not good enough for top four?

Just sack the cnut already.

I hate him. I just had a ten minute rant about him with my Liverpool supporting colleague. I could feel he had minimal interest in this topic, I just couldn't stop myself.

3 teams ahead of us (Chelsea, arsenal, and Everton) have new managers this year. Year 3 of Mou and nowhere near looking like we have any sort of philosophy on how we approach games. And the reasons for keeping mou at this point are?.....

The amount that Mourinho, and sadly some reds, are willing to shit on the players to protect his rep is pretty grim.

This decision in isolation could be forgivable but it's not his first bad one. We've been in slump since he took over us and that has to be factored into this.

So I checked to make sure that it was him talking, he is now suggesting that this team is on paper not a top 4 team. So we went from we have no right to compete with City to it's a stretch to expect top 4 with these players.
He's doing a sublime job at trying to lower expectations.

Every time he opens his mouth, fecking hell, more embarrassing shit, if he worked on attacking play as much as he strokes his own ego, berates the board and our players we may do ok. Self serving prick he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.