The MMA thread

Why mention yair getting clobbered then mention Aldo who was sparked by Max, with little to no effort. Yair is arguably the most dynamic striker after Holloway in the division and one of the only people Max hasn’t already beaten. I also don’t think Aldo would take a fight on late notice due to having so much trouble making the weight.

Personally I’d rather not watch an Aldo vs Max re-run and sorry to say but I think Aldo has run his course.

Aldo has already ask for the fight. Same as Cub Swanson and Ricardo Lamas, who is supposed to fight Aldo.

Why mention yair getting clobbered then mention Aldo who was sparked by Max, with little to no effort. Yair is arguably the most dynamic striker after Holloway in the division and one of the only people Max hasn’t already beaten. I also don’t think Aldo would take a fight on late notice due to having so much trouble making the weight.

Personally I’d rather not watch an Aldo vs Max re-run and sorry to say but I think Aldo has run his course.

Because Aldo is a much more accomplished fighter than Rodriguez. He has the experience and explosiveness to come back and beat Holloway.

I don't rate Holloway as some sort of great fighter BTW. He will get beaten next time he faces a good fighter imo.

In the last fight, Aldo threw few to none leg kicks, almost his trademark. His coach said he was injured. IF that's true, and he is 100% healthy now, a rematch would be quite interesting.

If Aldo wins it fecks the division.
We would have 3 legit number 1 contenders, it would be a mess

Aldo has already ask for the fight. Same as Cub Swanson and Ricardo Lamas, who is supposed to fight Aldo.
Has he really? Oh well.. I forgot he was already probably in training with a fight on the 16th.

@Raoul dont rate Holloway no? Personally I think he is the standout in the division and the best striker. His footwork is incredible. He should probably go up to 155 as there really isn’t much more left to do other than beat Edgar then Yair. That means he’d have cleared out the division.

Each to their own I suppose but I think Holloway has all the markings of a great fighter. His current streak is ridiculous really and includes some huge names. I agree with the sentiment the Aldo fight was close but the finish was pretty brutal really, I think he'd beat him again. Aldo in fairness is the mostl ogical fight but we've already seen it a few months ago and personally I don't have a massive interest in it.

Holloway's last 6 fights all wins, 4 finishes

Aldo
Pettis
Lamas
Stephens
Oliveira
Swanson

Before this he cleared out the mid tier

11 in a row!!!

How cant you rate that @Raoul

Sure he may well lose his next fight. But MMA is ridiculously unpredictable and almost impossible to stay on top for a prolonged persion

His win over Aldo was impressive (imo), although I'm not sure if he could do it twice.

The division as a whole is pretty weak compared with some of the more interesting divisions (LW,MW, LHW etc). In general, most fights at the FW or lighter divisions are difficult to get excited about with the obvious exception of a big fight like Conor v Aldo etc. Since Conor left things have been pretty uninteresting. The lighters divisions are basically like watching horse racing jockeys duke it out.

Last edited:
That's disgraceful behaviour from Conor tbh. Seems like he still has a few problems with Goddard from the Poland show a few weeks ago.

Yeah I’m getting pretty pissed off with him now

Kavanagh has lost control of him now

It ain’t going to end well

Also if he isn’t fecked off his face on coke I will be shocked

Yeah I’m getting pretty pissed off with him now

Kavanagh has lost control of him now

It ain’t going to end well

Also if he isn’t fecked off his face on coke I will be shocked

Actually fecking embarrassed by him again now

Throw the book at him

Was this just the above videos sinking in? Or has he done something else now?!?

Is this the 2nd week running Conor has done this ?
The one last week with Artem was silly. But nothing really bad happened. He got told to feck off by Marc Goddard.

Looks like McGregor took that personally though as he was the ref who he pushed tonight

No tonight is last straw. I wasn’t a fan of anything he has done since his last ufc fight

But tonight he has gone beyond being a cnut

Yeah, it’s a pity. If he’d just managed to show a little humility he could be a legend of Irish sport. Maybe one of our best ever. Instead the vast majority of the country think he’s a complete prick. With good reason. Very disappointing.

I wanted Conor to beat Ferguson when they eventually fight but after seeing this it makes it hard to get behind him, even against someone like Ferguson.

He's a prick. Doesn't even have the "it's just a persona" excuse here, he's just embarrassing himself.

Yeah, it’s a pity. If he’d just managed to show a little humility he could be a legend of Irish sport. Maybe one of our best ever. Instead the vast majority of the country think he’s a complete prick. With good reason. Very disappointing.
Also mma was became mainstream because of him, naysayers remain and rightfully this will aid them

Anyone see that Paige Van Zant has said her next fight is the winner of the 125 belt and now Valentina Shevchenko is calling her out. If I was Paige I’d run for the hills as I think she would get slaughtered.
Connor being a tool but to be fair on that slap vid kinda looks like the guys push on him almost makes him lose balance and fall off the cage. Shouldn’t have been in the cage or doing that in the first place. Know your role McNuggets.

Anyone see that Paige Van Zant has said her next fight is the winner of the 125 belt and now Valentina Shevchenko is calling her out. If I was Paige I’d run for the hills as I think she would get slaughtered.
Connor being a tool but to be fair on that slap vid kinda looks like the guys push on him almost makes him lose balance and fall off the cage. Shouldn’t have been in the cage or doing that in the first place. Know your role McNuggets.

Valentina needs to stay at 135 and take the belt. She is the best technical fighter in that division and will crack Nunes or whoever she faces next time.

Conor is a smart guy - albeit an occasionally annoying one. He knows these antics will only keep his hype levels on maximum, which will of course pay off through PPV points after his next fight.

Valentina needs to stay at 135 and take the belt. She is the best technical fighter in that division and will crack Nunes or whoever she faces next time.
She’s a bit small for the division tho. And already lost to Nunes even tho from what I saw i’d Say she won but MMA judges tend to look for aggression more than skill.
She’d rule 125

No coincidence its at a Bellator event.
I wonder how much they paid him to jump the cage?

Conor is a smart guy - albeit an occasionally annoying one. He knows these antics will only keep his hype levels on maximum, which will of course pay off through PPV points after his next fight.
Tonight and everything he has done will enhance his next fight. It’s going to be huge (for me included)

But I doubt that was in his mind with his antics tonight or for many of the stupid shit he does

Tonight and everything he has done will enhance his next fight. It’s going to be huge (for me included)

But I doubt that was in his mind with his antics tonight or for many of the stupid shit he does

Plus even if it was, it doesn't make it any more acceptable.

@Raoul
What would be illegal about it?
Its in Ireland so he can't get into trouble with a commission, Dana won't punish him since its outside of UFC while many more eyes will be watching this when it airs in America tonight (I assume its not shown live)
It even builds up his champ champ does whatever the hell he wants bullshit. He'll fight you in another sport or another company, there's nowhere to hide etc etc
Apparently Bellator themselves are tweeting these vids as well? I mean...

@Raoul
What would be illegal about it?
Its in Ireland so he can't get into trouble with a commission, Dana won't punish him since its outside of UFC while many more eyes will be watching this when it airs in America tonight (I assume its not shown live)
It even builds up his champ champ does whatever the hell he wants bullshit. He'll fight you in another sport or another company, there's nowhere to hide etc etc
Apparently Bellator themselves are tweeting these vids as well? I mean...

The fact that he is contracted to Bellator's rival. I'm sure its in his UFC contract that he can't do promotional work for their rivals.

@Raoul
but its only promotional in a sense, if you do this the benefits could be this and that rather than you are specifically being paid to promote this event.
A few days before his fight with Tony is announced and this happens? How many new fans did Tony get within the last hour? How many mma fans now want to se Conor get destroyed?
There are far too many positives for everyone involved imo.
Its WWE.

@Raoul
but its only promotional in a sense, if you do this the benefits could be this and that rather than you are specifically being paid to promote this event.
A few days before his fight with Tony is announced and this happens? How many new fans did Tony get within the last hour? How many mma fans now want to se Conor get destroyed?
There are far too many positives for everyone involved imo.
Its WWE.

There's no benefit for anyone to do something like this a few days before a fight is announced since the fight itself won't be taking place for at least several months and the hype generally doesn't happen until the last few weeks leading up to the fight. This is more so a case of Conor thinking he can do anything he wants.