The MMA thread

Paddy needs to get busier it should be over now

Edit got him. Great finish

Very good finish and could even have had him once or twice in the first in what should have been leavitts wheelhouse.

Paddy's not bad at all!

The English mma fans are desperate to have someone to follow.
I say take Conor, us Irish are happy to hand him over
As an Englishman, I’m afraid you’ll have to keep Conor. His superiority complex and hatred inspiring attitude are wonderfully English. The problem is….he’s not very good any more

It's something I'm very good at :lol:

I really enjoy him and will also really enjoy him getting dismantled in a few fights.

That was his best moment and is almost convincing me he is potentially a great fighter

But look at the top 5 rankings. I don’t see him have even a slight hope

I think next he needs a name but needs to be the likes of Dan Hooker

That was his best moment and is almost convincing me he is potentially a great fighter

But look at the top 5 rankings. I don’t see him have even a slight hope

I think next he needs a name but needs to be the likes of Dan Hooker
I think his potential is like Cowboy, where he's entertaining enough to always get decent opponents but can't see him ever being like a top 3 guy.

Man I cannot stand Paddy and Molly tbh. Something about them really grates.

I think the forced push from every brand, desperate to hitch a commercial ride for a return on what they think is the next Conor megastar makes it feel fake and manufactured.

I predict (with zero faith) that they won't be around the UFC for a long time, feel Molly, while she is doing well now, will get taken apart by skilled fighters or one that has a decent ground game.

Paddy, once he starts fighting better quality opponents I think he will come up short.

I think Hermansson was actually hurt at the end of that which is why he was running.

I would absolutely LOVE it if somehow Nate stops the Chimaev hype train. I wish someone records Dana's reaction if that happens :lol:

Love Blades entrance music

I’m 11 years older than him. That mortal kombat theme was around when I was 13 or 14…

Well that’s a shit end. Hope it’s not as bad as it looks

Well that’s a shit end. Hope it’s not as bad as it looks
Looked like a leg break to me. His upper shin bone seemed to break on the kick and as he stood down on it popped

What bad luck, his career so far had been flying. :(

on 2nd glance it doesn't look broken but purely something went in his knee

Last edited:
It’s hard to say if it was the impact from the kick or when he placed his foot back on the ground

Looked like a leg break to me. His upper shin bone seemed to break on the kick and as he stood down on it popped

What bad luck, his career so far had been flying. :(

on 2nd glance it doesn't look broken but purely something went in his knee
Seemed his kick was checked a bit but yeah, awful to see.

Seemed his kick was checked a bit but yeah, awful to see.
Sport really is crazy sometimes isn't it? all that training, all that build up, you finally get into the ring and get it on and within 10 seconds you blow your knee out.

Maybe he was just too excited, he seemed to be charging in a bit too eager. Ugh what a way to go out.

Ufc main events not having much luck at the moment.
Credit to Curtis though, “Toms got some stuff, I’ve got some stuff…..and we were gonna see who’s stuffs’ better” :lol:

When Tom plants his foot it looks so awkward in that position. When you pause it it looks like all his weight is going onto that leg. Could have a lot to do with Blaydes's counter left which connects just as Tom's stepping back.

He was definitely too wild. However unfortunate, it did also contribute to his own downfall.

Really unfortunate main event but even in the few seconds before the injury Tom was getting clipped a bit. He seemed a bit too eager and was rushing stuff a bit.

Good to see Paddy get the win to let the hype train continue a bit but I do worry that he will struggle against the best fighters in the division. At the moment he has won all his fights but is facing some difficult moments in all of them. Very nice finish by him trapping the arm before the choke though

I don't mind Paddy but the reality is he will likely get battered against the top guys. Tbh I don't think he will make it that far to ever face the Gaethje's, Oliveira's, Dustin etc because I don't think he's on a high enough level to get to that point, certainly not right now anyway. He's in one of the toughest divisions in the UFC. You'd fear for him in there with one of the above or Chandler, Islam etc. I think he'll get derailed pretty soon once they step up the level of opponent.

Has anyone ever been to Abu Dhabi for the UFC? I’ve a flight that stops over on the weekend in Oct and am very tempted! Any tips would be appreciated from past experiences.

Such a shame; Aspinall looked like someone who could have genuinely shook up the HW division. Now we have to wait and see if he'll ever be the same fighter again.

re. Paddy. I heard of the hype train before seeing him, and considered him a generic mouthy scouser, but as time goes by he isn't anywhere near as dislikable as it initially appears. Once you block out the white noise of his antics, he seems to be OK.

That Molly on the other hand...

Such a shame; Aspinall looked like someone who could have genuinely shook up the HW division. Now we have to wait and see if he'll ever be the same fighter again.

re. Paddy. I heard of the hype train before seeing him, and considered him a generic mouthy scouser, but as time goes by he isn't anywhere near as dislikable as it initially appears. Once you block out the white noise of his antics, he seems to be OK.

That Molly on the other hand...

Ya even though it can feel a little forced at times, I don't mind Paddy's character. That being said though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Nate category, someone who ends up being an entertaining fighter, but won't ever get close to winning the belt.

Ya even though it can feel a little forced at times, I don't mind Paddy's character. That being said though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Nate category, someone who ends up being an entertaining fighter, but won't ever get close to winning the belt.
I think Dana is going to project that cash cow for as long as humanly possible and have him fight exclusively in England where he can maximise profits, but Aspinall going down has really wrecked that because it was he, not Paddy who was the guy being pitted against the best per his rank, and also the one from the two most likely/ready to mix it with the bigger names of his division.

If Paddy is made a headliner now in Aspinall's absence, he'll have to face fighters more likely to end the hype train.

I think his stand-up is as bad as his ground game is good, so it's a real dichotomy because he likes to scrap and swing... with his chin way up in the air - said a long while back that's gonna get him cleaned out if they don't fix it in training, but I think where he'll end up comes down to his capacity to learn and tighten up, certainly wouldn't write him off because he has tools that will give even the best pause for thought, so he's always got a chance if the fight goes how it's needed for him to set himself up for a submission.

But yeah, Aspinall was a guy who I wanted to see where his talent took him as he's the brightest English light in terms of potential for me.