The Manchester Title Race

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini: "The title race is finished because United is a fantastic team and they have a fantastic spirit. I think five points is too much. I think it is important for us to finish the season well. This is the best season for 50 years. I am proud of the players."

The guy's playing us just like City players have been and we've lapped it up. Oldest trick in the book.

The problem now is that all that needs to happen for City to win the league is that they beat us at their place, which is honestly not that unlikely at all, and that we draw a game and they win. That's scary.

I still think we'll win the league, but we did just make it much harder than it should have been, versus Wigan.

On Saturday we were 5 points clear with 7 games to go, tonight we're 5 points clear with 5 games to go. We should be at least 8 points clear, officials have robbed us of a lot of points this season when we've not performed particularly well, but we're still overwhelming favourites, particularly with City still having to travel to Sports Direct.

The most important thing is to ensure that we don't need a result at the COMS to win the league.

City need to win every game to win the title, we have 3 home games and Sunderland away. Ignoring the City game as long as we play to our best level, we'll win the League. We have a week between games and Scholes will play for the rest of the season, we're in a great position.

And i don't think Mancini is one to play mind games.

You really think he's openly conceding the title, even after tonight's round of results? Its an obvious ploy to take all the pressure off his players and put it all on us.

According to the fixtures, we have no more midweek games.

Scholes plays every game for me.

Strongest team from here on out, Rafael at right-back, Hernandez only on the bench.

Tonight was a shocker but exactly the sort of game that can happen at the end of a season against a relegation scrapper. Neither team was fresh but they were playing like their lives depended on it.

Still, if the ref does his job, we probably come away with at least a point.

The problem now is that all that needs to happen for City to win the league is that they beat us at their place, which is honestly not that unlikely at all, and that we draw a game and they win. That's scary.

I still think we'll win the league, but we did just make it much harder than it should have been, versus Wigan.

we will beat City at their ground. Thats just how we are.

This has the feel of 96 when we beat Newcastle to win the title.

Out of interest - IF we manage to lose the title (and hence go potless) will people finally be allowed to point out how erratic Fergie has been this year in terms of formations and subs?

City need to win every game to win the title, we have 3 home games and Sunderland away. Ignoring the City game as long as we play to our best level, we'll win the League. We have a week between games and Scholes will play for the rest of the season, we're in a great position.

we cannot afford to play like what we did tonight, that was shocking, we never win games playing like that.

Out of interest - IF we manage to lose the title (and hence go potless) will people finally be allowed to point out how erratic Fergie has been this year in terms of formations and subs?

No. Injuries haven't helped, we've just come off a run where we got 34 out of 36 points. I can't believe how spoilt some of our fans are.

According to the fixtures, we have no more midweek games.

Scholes plays every game for me.

Strongest team from here on out, Rafael at right-back, Hernandez only on the bench.

Tonight was a shocker but exactly the sort of game that can happen at the end of a season against a relegation scrapper. Neither team was fresh but they were playing like their lives depended on it.

Still, if the ref does his job, we probably come away with at least a point.

Scholes starts every game, Rafael starts every game, Rooney & Welbeck start up front every game.

Yeah, it is scary. Thing you have to consider however, is that City have got two tough away games left.

No Hernandez or Jones please. I like them, but they have been quite shocking of late. (For Hernandez, most of the season)

I am still confident we can draw at the COMS if we need to. This result is annoying but there's no need for panic stations yet.

Yeah I can see us getting a draw there and Norwich showed on Monday they are still a tough team to beat.

City had a great night today, no doubt about it. But a team can get under their skin and cause problems I'm sure.

Scholes starts every game, Rafael starts every game, Rooney & Welbeck start up front every game.

Not happy with Welbeck but Berbatov seems to have fallen totally out of favor.

Apart from the left wing it's pretty obvious though what our first 11 should be from now on. (I'd have Nani on the left wing fwiw)

Its a bit worrying our back up players are in such terrible form. A couple of injuries God forbid....

We can make this a thousand times better by putting in a good performance against Villa and winning comfortably.

City play away at Norwich on saturday morning. Norwich coming off a good win with 2 extra days rest and are very hard to beat at home. Come on get a point

Need the gap to be at least the same as it is going into derby

City changed their system tonight with Tevez and Aguero up front. Hopefully that won't mean a change in their away fortunes.

I'm glad City play first this week. They'll win and close to within 2 points, meaning we might make some kind of effort.

Not happy with Welbeck but Berbatov seems to have fallen totally out of favor.

Apart from the left wing it's pretty obvious though what our first 11 should be from now on. (I'd have Nani on the left wing fwiw)

Welbeck is fine.

Even if he doesn't score, his touch and link-up play is lightyears ahead of Hernandez.

The problem is when Rooney misfires too, we look a bit toothless.

City will drop points now the pressure is back on them. They were playing without pressure today but now theres a bit of a feeling they can get back into it they will crumble and the mercenaries will start playing up again

City will drop points now the pressure is back on them. They were playing without pressure today but now theres a bit of a feeling they can get back into it they will crumble and the mercenaries will start playing up again

They'll beat Norwich I reckon. There's no pressure on them, noone realistically expects them to win the title (stupidly, because if they win all their remaining games they will win it imo) Fortunately they have Newcastle away and us to play.

We now have two homes. City two always.

Hopefully we can restore the 8 point lead before the Derby.

Mancini's starting to remind me of Benitez.

The way he just wrote his teams chances of winning the league off but had a grin saying "but you know I think otherwise and I think I am putting pressure on Fergushon".

I think people need to stop saying it's 5 points. (of course it is but..)

We have to go to City, and if they turn up then they could cut the lead to 2. I'm considering the lead to be just 2 points + the City game. I dont want to risk it.

We have to go to City, and if they turn up then they could cut the lead to 2. I'm considering the lead to be just 2 points + the City game. I dont want to risk it.

Stop being such a pussy, it's still 5 points, they could lose to Norwich and we could beat Villa, both teams will drop points in the run in.

Welbeck is fine.

Even if he doesn't score, his touch and link-up play is lightyears ahead of Hernandez.

The problem is when Rooney misfires too, we look a bit toothless.

For the record I'd have Welbeck ahead of Hernandez as well it's just that both of them seem to struggle atm

It IS two points. The cushion is only two points now. Drop two more points and it's in City's hands as much as it is in our hands..