The Manchester Title Race

Tonight will be a tough game and Blackburn will be up for it. We will need to be on top of our game to take anything.

If we go 8 clear before City play again then I think that'll be an incentive for them to beat Arsenal. The pressure will be off them to an extent and may well encourage them to just go for it.

Long way to go yet though.

Or there will be a lot of pissed off egos, petulance and infighting as they struggle to cope with the expectation and pressure....

Or there will be a lot of pissed off egos, petulance and infighting as they struggle to cope with the expectation and pressure....

That's my bet.

Can't imagine Balotelli and Co. becoming more focused as a result of capitulating so badly.

Quite frankly im not interested in what Manchester City.

We have to go out and win tonight, if that it is a 1-0 win then so be it. Right now we must focus all our efforts on Manchester United. I am not averse to being confident,however we need to be professional in our approach to the game.

Do you play for Manchester United? If not, I think it's probably OK for you to watch City and concentrate on other things.

Tonight will be a tough game and Blackburn will be up for it. We will need to be on top of our game to take anything.

If we go 8 clear before City play again then I think that'll be an incentive for them to beat Arsenal. The pressure will be off them to an extent and may well encourage them to just go for it.

Long way to go yet though.

Who are you David Platt? Have they not got an incentive in that they are going for the title? If we go 8 points clear that will clearly pile pressure on as City will know nothing but a win would do.

Vincent Kompany: "It is not nerves - there is nobody in the team who has not been in this situation before in another league."

Really? Assuming he meant a title winning or battling situation, I'd say the following have no experience of this:

Joe Hart
Micah Richards
Pablo Zabaleta
Alex Kolarov
Joleon Lescott
Gareth Barry
James Milner
David Silva
Samir Nasri
Adam Johnson
Sergio Aguero

No disrespect to any of them in terms of career achievement, but I'd say they're all new to this situation. Bizarre comment.

Considering a lot of people on here were putting Kompany in their TOP TEN footballers in the world atm, he was shocking on Saturday.

For Sunderland's 3rd goal, he was 20 yards off the play. Terrible positional sense and for the captain to be caught out like that is ridiculous.

Kompany has been no where near as good this season as he was last season, he's simply getting in most peoples teams of the season due to the injuries to Vidic & Vermaelen, Ferdinand's constant fitness question mark and because no one can bring themselves to give credit to Evans

City have to go Newcastle yet? Interesting, fancy Cisse to score.

A draw is a good result tonight, a win is a killer blow in the title race.

A defeat is a setback, but not a reason to press the panic button with the games we've got coming up.

A draw really isn't a good result tonight. We have a chance to go five points clear against one of the shittest sides in the league. Failing to do that keeps us in City's range if they beat us at Eastlands, which is likely. It would be an awful result.

A draw really isn't a good result tonight. We have a chance to go five points clear against one of the shittest sides in the league. Failing to do that keeps us in City's range if they beat us at Eastlands, which is likely. It would be an awful result.

It wouldn't be awful. Awful would be anything but a win against QPR on Sunday.

City's result to Sunderland was an opportunity missed to put us under real pressure. As it is, we've been afforded breathing space going into a game that we've struggled in over the years.

Blackburn are crap, but they're fighting for survival, so I wouldn't call a draw tonight awful.

Considering a lot of people on here were putting Kompany in their TOP TEN footballers in the world atm, he was shocking on Saturday.

For Sunderland's 3rd goal, he was 20 yards off the play. Terrible positional sense and for the captain to be caught out like that is ridiculous.

Top ten best central defenders, certainly. I think he's been very good this season and Sunday was his first game back after a few games out, always a chance he wasn't 100%. A blip, based on his form this season.

Thankfully, tornado of injuries is over and we're going there in almost full strength.

Today's win = taking full control of this title race and putting some heavy pressure on City before their trip to Van Persie's hunting ground.

I disagree. They've missed leadership aparrantly and coming back against a Sunderland team that was hammered at home v Everton in the cup was the perfect game for him to come back. He was all over the place from start to finish - he's just not as good as some people are making out.

It wouldn't be awful. Awful would be anything but a win against QPR on Sunday.

City's result to Sunderland was an opportunity missed to put us under real pressure. As it is, we've been afforded breathing space going into a game that we've struggled in over the years.

Blackburn are crap, but they're fighting for survival, so I wouldn't call a draw tonight awful.

I dont think it's unlikely, in fact I think it's pretty likely. But it would be massively disappointing in the current situation. At this stage we really need to take advantage of any dropped points by City.

I disagree. They've missed leadership aparrantly and coming back against a Sunderland team that was hammered at home v Everton in the cup was the perfect game for him to come back. He was all over the place from start to finish - he's just not as good as some people are making out.

Fair play. Micah Richards stood out as a calamity more, in my eyes. Sunderland to their credit were excellent, Larsson and Sessegnon putting in fantastic performances, along with Bendtner. They weren't afraid to get at them.

I dont think it's unlikely, in fact I think it's pretty likely. But it would be massively disappointing in the current situation. At this stage we really need to take advantage of any dropped points by City.

We do, yes. Expectation will also be high now, too. I just think the Sunderland result was their chance missed. We could draw tonight and still have a six point lead on them when they kick off at Arsenal.

I'm sorry but that's just daft. He's just returned from an injury lay off. And based on one bad game coming back from injury you going to discredit the rest of his season? Really? Though for my part I'd love for him to be wank for the rest of the season. Helps us.

I'm sorry but that's just daft. He's just returned from an injury lay off. And based on one bad game coming back from injury you going to discredit the rest of his season? Really? Though for my part I'd love for him to be wank for the rest of the season. Helps us.

I would love him to be wank for the rest of his Man City career :lol:

It's quite important we win tonight. At the moment City are on the ropes and we look like we're on a roll. We need to make sure that remains the case.

A draw or defeat tonight and it switches the pressure right back on to us and hands them the momentum if they beat Arsenal. It'd potentially turn the whole title race around...we could still end up winning it anyway, but winning tonight lets City know that we're still the man, not winning turns it into a two way choke fest which could go either way.

Jesus, steady on.

Why is a draw an awful result? A point today and a win against QPR (which we will win) at home will put us 6 points clear with City having to go to Arsenal. I can't see City winning there to be honest

Jesus, steady on.

Why is a draw an awful result? A point today and a win against QPR (which we will win) at home will put us 6 points clear with City having to go to Arsenal. I can't see City winning there to be honest

It's quite important we win tonight. At the moment City are on the ropes and we look like we're on a roll. We need to make sure that remains the case.

A draw or defeat tonight and it switches the pressure right back on to us and hands them the momentum if they beat Arsenal. It'd potentially turn the whole title race around...we could still end up winning it anyway, but winning tonight lets City know that we're still the man, not winning turns it into a two way choke fest which could go either way.

A win tonight is very important. Not just for the points, but to demoralise Shitty even further.

Also nervous for tonight. If we win, I think it will do a lot of psychological damage to City.

Also nervous for tonight. If we win, I think it will do a lot of psychological damage to City.

Plenty of potential feck ups before the end. I look at a resurgent Everton and a Wigan side who are capable of a shock as games which are every bit as vital

Plenty of potential feck ups before the end. I look at a resurgent Everton and a Wigan side who are capable of a shock as games which are every bit as vital

That's definitely true. However, imagine how City will be feeling if we can beat Blackburn and QPR before they play Arsenal. Although every game is vital, I feel like the next two can damage City.

The match tonight is key. Win tonight, and for the first time this season I'm fairly convinced we'll win the title.

Usually I'm all for having belief at this stage of the season, but there has been so many questions about the quality of this United team, they've been hard to ignore. If we do win it, it's one of our best league titles ever.

Biggest game of the season so far. If only we can win it. Having said that, a loss today wouldn't be a disaster considering our fixture list compared to citeh's. But if we win the the pressure is really on them! The thing is, Citeh were on top for so long they must be feeling anxious now.

5 points clear, potentially 8 before City play at Arsenal. Surely it's all over if they fail to win in that given scenario?

In control and team's atmosphere is superb. No serious injuries as Nani should return, next week.

All United need now is to slightly improve the home style of football.

QPR have won against Liverpool and Arsenal in the space of 10 days.
We should still be favorites, but they are fighting for survival, Sparky knows how to set teams up against us and they would have the confidence.

No room for complacency.