The Manchester Title Race

What permutations can lead to us winning it at the council house? :drool:

If we go into the derby 7 points clear and either draw or win we win the title.

The way things are going though it could be all over before then

What would people prefer though? It all over before the derby and a guard of honour or actually clinching it by denying them on their own ground?

It's the latter for me :devil:

Well, if I could have whatever I wanted, I'd go with 98th minute winner in the last game of the season to win the title by a point. Talk about tears for City.

But since life doesn't work that way, I'd rather City just lost the rest of their games.

Time for some pointless predictions;

Man Utd v QPR - Man Utd win
Arsenal v Man City - Draw
Man Utd - 79pts
Man City - 72pts

Wigan v Man Utd - Man Utd win
Man City v WBA - Man City win
Man Utd - 82pts
Man City - 75pts

Man Utd v Aston Villa - Man Utd win
Norwich v Man City - Draw
Man Utd - 85pts
Man City - 76pts

Man Utd v Everton - Man Utd win
Wolves v Man City - Man City win
Man Utd - 88pts
Man City - 79pts

If the above comes true then yeah avoid defeat at City and we win the league, they'd need more than 9 points off the pace come the derby for it to be all over before then

I assume (dangerously, it is United) that we'll beat QPR, Wigan and Villa but Everton is a huge potential banana skin...we needed a late goal last year and they are a tough nut to crack.

Saying that, I didn't think we'd win tonight.

I assume (dangerously, it is United) that we'll beat QPR, Wigan and Villa but Everton is a huge potential banana skin...we needed a late goal last year and they are a tough nut to crack.

Saying that, I didn't think we'd win tonight.

All the more reason why I can totally see another scrappy 1-0 win that all but clinches the title!! We play just hours before City that day as well so they'll pretty much go into their game against Wolves knowing that anything other than a win and we take the title

Time for some pointless predictions;

Man Utd v QPR - Man Utd win
Arsenal v Man City - Draw
Man Utd - 79pts
Man City - 72pts

Wigan v Man Utd - Man Utd win
Man City v WBA - Man City win
Man Utd - 82pts
Man City - 75pts

Man Utd v Aston Villa - Man Utd win
Norwich v Man City - Draw
Man Utd - 85pts
Man City - 76pts

Man Utd v Everton - Man Utd win
Wolves v Man City - Man City win
Man Utd - 88pts
Man City - 79pts

If the above comes true then yeah avoid defeat at City and we win the league, they'd need more than 9 points off the pace come the derby for it to be all over before then

Even if City beat Norwich, we'd only need a draw at the Etihad.

I think City will lose to Arsenal. Having to go to Emirates needing a win, playing a team that is battling out for 3rd spot is a touch ask. Arsenal will have loads of space for counters.

I think City will lose to Arsenal. Having to go to Emirates needing a win, playing a team that is battling out for 3rd spot is a touch ask. Arsenal will have loads of space for counters.

I can't wait for Sunday. A United win will set up the rest of the afternoon nicely. I'll buy extra donuts this week so!! :D

I actually think City will do Arsenal over. City have struggled against dogged teams who don't mind defending...Arsenal aren't one of those teams. At the same time, it's hard to tell the mental state of the city players at the moment, especially if they do go into the game 8 points behind.

I actually think City will do Arsenal over. City have struggled against dogged teams who don't mind defending...Arsenal aren't one of those teams. At the same time, it's hard to tell the mental state of the city players at the moment, especially if they do go into the game 8 points behind.

Being 8 points behind will be a massive test of their mental strength, if they played before us on Sunday I'd see nothing but a City win or at best a draw, if they're 8 points behind going into the game though.....

City's away form isn't good and Arsenal need a win to stay in a CL spot.

Have you seen City's away record? It's pretty average. Arsenal have every chance IMO.

We need to beat QPR. City's away form goes out of the window in a match where the other club are attacking and not expected to lose. QPR is a MUST win and will be very hard.

Arsenal will beat em. I'm super duper confident due to City's rocky patch.

They struggled against Sunderland at home and I think Arsenal away on a super Sunday might just finish them off.

We need to beat QPR. City's away form goes out of the window in a match where the other club are attacking and not expected to lose. QPR is a MUST win and will be very hard.

I fancy us to beat them comfortably at OT to be honest. They're a poor side.

After last season, I'm still scratching my head at the fact we've only lost one away game in the league all season. Last season, we won it off the back of a brilliant home campaign. If we do it this season, and we're certainly in the driver's seat now, it will have been our away form that tipped the balance.

After last season, I'm still scratching my head at the fact we've only lost one away game in the league all season. Last season, we won it off the back of a brilliant home campaign. If we do it this season, and we're certainly in the driver's seat now, it will have been our away form that tipped the balance.

Such is life

Was about to post similar. It's about the handiest game we could ask for. I expect a comfy game.

It's all About the arse game. If City win away to them it is game on, if not I think its all over. If that's the case I will probably end up looking back at this season being one of the handier/easier titles.

City simply do not worry me the way Chelsea have in recent seasons.

They are a poor side, but they're a poor side who just beat Arsenal, who everyones so confident will beat City ;)

I'm hopeful for an Arsenal result but I don't think it'd come as a huge shock if city won...regardless, if we do our job it won't matter.

Whilst QPR looks a nice fixture, theres always one around this time of the year when we struggle and usually come back from a goal or 2 down or draw/lose. It will come before the title clincher.

I'd be surprised if it didn't.

QPR won't be an easy game. I think it's good they've beaten Arsenal though, in a way they've got all the pressure off themselves, and a result here now is a bonus on top of a bonus, rather than a must must win. Cisse suspended is good as well.

If you offered me a 4 point lead going into City away right now, I'd take it.

Worst case that'd leave us a point clear and the title still in our own hands and them away to a very decent Newcastle outfit straight after playing us.

The thought of us winning the title at City and singing 20,000 empty seats.............

:drool:

Perhaps we might be singing 50,000 empty seats.