The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

:lol:

Volante in Brazil is a defensive midfielder. They're called steering wheel because they're the ones that start the attack (control the direction of the attack). In the rest of South America volante means any midfielder, not just the one sitting in front of defense

The problem I guess is in Brazil Cerezo is a DM and indeed controls the direction of the attack.

For us in the River Plate it's a midfielder other than the DM as our DMs can't control jackshit.

Chester decided just to "forget" about his formation so that no one will cast a vote against him :lol:

Will do so when I reach work, but briefly he's a very physical defensive midfielder. Lots of tackles and sometimes termed rough player. More of a destroyer type. I'll post some links later.
Not really.

Volante is a midfielder, you can have volante de marca (the sort you describe) or volante de creación (a more creative type with less defensive input ala Pogba). If used without extension it is assumed they are balanced in their contribution like Herrera, that's why I referred to #8.

Edit: seeing as it is a pt.wiki and Brazilian player I'd go with Peyroteo's definition.

Chester decided just to "forget" about his formation so that no one will cast a vote against him :lol:
Looks weak. Ronaldo would make fun of the high defensive line. He seems to have a good team so will be fun to see how he lines up, making it bad took effort.
1566801_Liverpool.jpg

Steering wheel = Volante. Midfielder, number 8.

Volante in Brazil is a defensive midfielder. They're called steering wheel because they're the ones that start the attack (control the direction of the attack). In the rest of South America volante means any midfielder, not just the one sitting in front of defense

Cheers lads. I did see the term volante on the Google Translate but the steering wheel thing just cracked me up when I first read it, as I'm a simpleton.

Will do so when I reach work, but briefly he's a very physical defensive midfielder. Lots of tackles and sometimes termed rough player. More of a destroyer type. I'll post some links later.

Cheers Edgar. A destroyer type fits in with what you require in that role.

Looks weak. Ronaldo would make fun of the high defensive line. He seems to have a good team so will be fun to see how he lines up, making it bad took effort.
1566801_Liverpool.jpg
On a serious note, something like this? Not sure how to solve his fullback "problem"

1566809_Dream_Team.jpg

@Pat_Mustard

A short description badly translated from Portuguese and Brazilian websites. He comes across as a tough (definitely dirty by today's standards) tackling and very physical defensive midfielder. Excellent workrate and not afraid to intimidate opponents. He fits the requirements here perfectly. All I need for him is do the dirty job and provide backup to Junior when we have possession.

Edi Wilson José dos Santos (Dinho)

Won: 3 Libertadores, 2 Copas do Brasil and 2 Brazilian Championships

He's known as the "Bandit of Pampas" and is considered as one of Gremio's best players. He was technically good can pass short distances accurately with occasional long pass springing open the opposition defence. His playing style is often described as "manly" which is just polite version of 'thug', I presume.

In an radio interview he revealed the secret to cause pain to his opponents. Black boot with aluminum locks...Still not enough that he sharpened them, Ffs! There is a story that he also had the world's shortest wedding. 37 mins. During the party the mayor pointed out something funny and he took it as a affront, elbowing the mayor straight to the hospital :lol: He's been credited with inventing the term "sickle cart" a move that rips off the opponent's opponent's legs. Today he actually owns a MMA academy and is into politics. Totally badass.

@Pat_Mustard

A short description badly translated from Portuguese and Brazilian websites. He comes across as a tough (definitely dirty by today's standards) tackling and very physical defensive midfielder. Excellent workrate and not afraid to intimidate opponents. He fits the requirements here perfectly. All I need for him is do the dirty job and provide backup to Junior when we have possession.

Edi Wilson José dos Santos (Dinho)

Won: 3 Libertadores, 2 Copas do Brasil and 2 Brazilian Championships

He's known as the "Bandit of Pampas" and is considered as one of Gremio's best players. He was technically good can pass short distances accurately with occasional long pass springing open the opposition defence. His playing style is often described as "manly" which is just polite version of 'thug', I presume.

In an radio interview he revealed the secret to cause pain to his opponents. Black boot with aluminum locks...Still not enough that he sharpened them, Ffs! There is a story that he also had the world's shortest wedding. 37 mins. During the party the mayor pointed out something funny and he took it as a affront, elbowing the mayor straight to the hospital :lol: He's been credited with inventing the term "sickle cart" a move that rips off the opponent's opponent's legs. Today he actually owns a MMA academy and is into politics. Totally badass.

:lol: Savage!

Admittedly one of the weakest strikers in the draft, I feel like Jardel would massively benefit from those around him and be hugely successful in my squad. His positioning and finishing was amazing at his peak, and with the penetration on both sides and schiaffino through the middle, I think he does well for my side.

There are so many amazing midfield 2s and 3s, I love my own with makelele and Edwards being as complimentary a midfield 2 as you can get, but the keane vieira gullit one makes me a little bit scared if I'm being honest. They win every midfield battle in this draft.

So what's the verdict on Chester? Does he get eliminated if he doesn't submit? Or vote based on harms attempt?
Well, in fairness, last time he was around he asked why people were posting teamsheets and was told he didn't have to.

It is entirely possible he just decided to wait for everything to be sorted rather than faff around here.

Admittedly one of the weakest strikers in the draft, I feel like Jardel would massively benefit from those around him and be hugely successful in my squad. His positioning and finishing was amazing at his peak, and with the penetration on both sides and schiaffino through the middle, I think he does well for my side.

There are so many amazing midfield 2s and 3s, I love my own with makelele and Edwards being as complimentary a midfield 2 as you can get, but the keane vieira gullit one makes me a little bit scared if I'm being honest. They win every midfield battle in this draft.

Jardel :drool:

What a player he was. Him scoring 7 goals for Porto is one of my first footballing memories and this game below was one of the best individual perfomances I ever saw in person, I was right behind the goal for the first one:

I was there for this winner in the last minute too

You just needed to put it on his head and it was a goal. I used to imitate his celebration when I was little, probably looked like an idiot :lol:

I was surprised Tresor went on overlooked. He could play as a stopper as well. Very versatile defender who also was one of the outstanding libero's in the early 80's.

He was my first choice for the club round but Edgar fecked us both over by getting Marseille IIRC. I ended up with Hierro for free so all's well that ends well.

With two wingers and two attacking full backs, you can't knock him in terms of tactical fit at least.

If we're posting videos :drool: Such a powerful and talented player

He was my 2nd choice for the club round. I picked Marseille and had Kh Forster followed by Tresor as my top 2 picks.
He was my first choice for the club round but Edgar fecked us both over by getting Marseille IIRC. I ended up with Hierro for free so all's well that ends well.

Yeah I had Forster/Tresor/Amoros with Amoros on the left and Krol inside if I couldn't secure a CB. At the end was pretty happy with Godin of course so it turned better for me as well. :)

That's the point really. Bossis was treated as second choice, as was Tresor, while everyone wanted Forster/Vogts as outside CBs waiting for a Beckenbauer/Sammer windfall.

It was really odd watching the German love-in. @Balu would have been proud. In the midst of all that Borussia M'gladbach blockfest someone just went Inter-Bergomi and got him in P2. Similar with @Gio picking Baresi for 12M unchallenged while EAP blew up Sammer for 20M.

It's as if people have left Italians behind along with their zona mista hard ons and now have gone all kraut back 5.

Ffs, talk about rubbing it in. You've just decided my first 2 votes for the elimination :mad:
:confused:You got Forster at the end. Or you mean sweeper in the round after? Don't think you were in for Godin or Hierro.

I thought Sheva won't be on a mine, as what were the chances of being twice in a row, I guess you thought the same for Sammer. :lol:

On my useless phone, can't get either SMT or footballuser to work at the moment, so would appreciate some help.

Lineup is as follows:

Zoff

Back four: Vogts, Rijsbergen, Ondruš, Facchetti.

Arrow on Facchetti.

Defensive midfielders: Zito, Haan.
Offensive midfielder: Rivera.

Right winger: Lato. Cuts inside.
Left winger: Boniek. Drifts across.

Striker: Altafini.

With his goalscoring record, he'd have been our Larsson had that move not fallen through due to the work permit issue in 1996.

:confused:You got Forster at the end. Or you mean sweeper in the round after? Don't think you were in for Godin or Hierro.

I thought Sheva won't be on a mine, as what were the chances of being twice in a row, I guess you thought the same for Sammer.
Precisely the flawed logic we set out to address. If randomised, they are independent events so the probability is the same as any other player. Since sheep shouldn't just be dumb luck but rewards for flawed logic we stuck them both on a mine.

QMrfQKp.jpg

I'll be honest, this is one of the better attacks I've ever put together in a draft.

I wanted to build a replica of the Glory Days Real Madrid team and at least the attack ended up near perfect (Oh, if only I had Messi for the Kubala role!)

- Top draw wingers with pace, trickery and goal scoring ability.
- World class playmakers in Bobby Charlton and Laszlo Kubala. Both are in free roles and are comfortable drifting out wide too. Charlton orchestrating play and Kubala supporting the attach. Juicy!
- And Denis Law reprises his link-up with Bobby C. With such talent all around him, I'm sure this offence will be unstoppable.

Precisely the flawed logic we set out to address. If randomised, they are independent events so the probability is the same as any other player. Since sheep shouldn't just be dumb luck but rewards for flawed logic we stuck them both on a mine.
It was ingenious alright. I think you or The Stain said to someone that he'll be ok with the bombs as long as he doesn't pick Sheva and I did that literally in the next pick :lol: