The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

Bollocks, really.

In theory there could be worse XIs here with no sheep, or «sheep», in terms of who would likely win a draft match.

Has to be some kind of standard.

And it should start with how many sheep you have. In a sheep draft. Where you are tasked with drafting 14 players.
Yups, too much room for "if only he had gotten a RB...", etc.

Only objective criterion I could apply is # of sheep. The rest is personal preference/bias.

Bollocks, really.

In theory there could be worse XIs here with no sheep, or «sheep», in terms of who would likely win a draft match.

Has to be some kind of standard.

And it should start with how many sheep you have. In a sheep draft. Where you are tasked with drafting 14 players.

yeah i agree with that, we should all send our formation picture and stain and anto should remove the worst, maybe add some of the other regulars that dont play into the judging panel.

yeah i agree with that, we should all send our formation picture and stain and anto should remove the worst, maybe add some of the other regulars that dont play into the judging panel.
This could work. Obviously sheep would be the first thing to look at but general strength of the team is more important for me. Making a formation on sharemytactics and sending it to us takes 5 mins.

Was waiting for you to do that, even here. :lol:

3dc3ab0.jpg

:lol:

This could work. Obviously sheep would be the first thing to look at but general strength of the team is more important for me. Making a formation on sharemytactics and sending it to us takes 5 mins.

then do it, its your draft :lol: im sure anto will let you do this after you ask him nicely : P

I am not even gonna look into sheeps, all sheeps are bebe for me.

I'm thinking of doing likewise, with the caveat that a sheep out of position is worse than a sheep in his correct position.

I can't get on board with O' Shea as a sheep at all. He's closer in ability and credentials to a few of the non-sheep picks than he is to someone like Dong. And I love him.

What's the draftmasters' stance on this @antohan and @The Stain ? Assess the sheep on their actual merits on players, or just treat them all as equally worthless?

@Pat_Mustard In assessing sheep, I find it hard to ignore who the player is and their attributes. You can never get a sense of how they gel in the team as a unit if we only consider them as general shitters. And most great teams of the past always had players of that calibre within their squads, so it's good to see how managers bring it all together.

The sheep does it make it easier to adjudicate to be fair. I was just commenting that it's funny how strong some of those teams were. Getting a sheep should suffer the severest of penalties as it is called a sheep draft.

If player A spends 120m and gets 3 GOAT and 3 sheep he's shown less drafting skill than someone whose spent less but got 6 quality players (some GOAT and others still close to GOAT quality).

The idea was to build a stronger side, not a side with less amount of sheep, even though it's obviously connected

I'm thinking of doing likewise, with the caveat that a sheep out of position is worse than a sheep in his correct position.

I can't get on board with O' Shea as a sheep at all. He's closer in ability and credentials to a few of the non-sheep picks than he is to someone like Dong. And I love him.

What's the draftmasters' stance on this @antohan and @The Stain ? Assess the sheep on their actual merits on players, or just treat them all as equally worthless?

Firstly, we knew different rounds would have different quality sheep, so going with them all being equal is wrong.

Second, for the most part I tried to give the manager something they needed, with the caveat of -not always tbh- checking what they had been trying to sign (e.g. Moby got O'Shea as a sheep Beckenbauer, which in context is accurate).

Finally, some sheep I didn't bother because they didn't matter. It looked to me like @Tuppet needed a forward, had been targetting forwards, and with his squad was never going to use the sheep, so Bebe it is, who cares anyway? He certainly is wrong to then respond by painting all sheep with that same brush.

Isn't he a center back? It would've been hard to score all those own goals from a left back position.

Doesn't matter anyway

Fair point, I created a monstruous sheep mixing up Frank and Trevor.

Have Buttner then.

Go for it. Whatever really. I'm actually posting in the middle of a session on electronic payments with the Central Bank of Costa Rica :lol:

Moby ----------------------------------- EAP ------------------------- harms ------------------ crappy viva

1566634_Valencia_CF_SAD.jpg
1566631_Dream_Team.jpg
1566639_Dream_Team.jpg
1566657_Brazil.jpg

Harms: Chelsea-esque 3-4-3. Turan and Blomqvist have enough work rate, talent and expertise to flourish in these workhorse spots. Figo is in his Madrid incarnation, free to move around and create. The spine in absolutely ridiculous, imo.

Firstly, we knew different rounds would have different quality sheep, so going with them all being equal is wrong.

Second, for the most part I tried to give the manager something they needed, with the caveat of -not always tbh- checking what they had been trying to sign (e.g. Moby got O'Shea as a sheep Beckenbauer, which in context is accurate).

Finally, some sheep I didn't bother because they didn't matter. It looked to me like @Tuppet needed a forward, had been targetting forwards, and with his squad was never going to use the sheep, so Bebe it is, who cares anyway? He certainly is wrong to then respond by painting all sheep with that same brush.
Nope, I disagree. For me it's simply the fact that the sheep are supposed to be punishment and there is hardly any quality control is enough for me to decide this. Even in the round where the sheep pool was open the quality were not comparable. For example Valencia would be closer to the quality of O Shea then bebe. Now just because you felt like giving me worse player should not be decider at all. I happen to not need to use a sheep but that is the point in this round. Everyone is using sheep.

What I don't like in the sheepgate is that it goes directly against the OP, which specified the post-drafting routine. And I was drafting based on that (trying to create a better team until the end instead of picking a non-sheep alternative which wasn't true to my original idea)

But I am a sore loser and a very competitive one, and obviously biased, being stuck in this little tournament

This is gettin too much.

I challenge any one here for a death match. Loser drops off.

If I'm going to go out, may as well go out with a match, swinging!

Who's up?

Edit: Would be a shame to waste all the drafting with no matches played. Even 1st match loss should be OK.

This is gettin too much.

I challenge any one here for a death match. Loser drops off.

If I'm going to go out, may as well go out with a match, swinging!

Who's up?

Edit: Would be a shame to waste all the drafting with no matches played. Even 1st match loss should be OK.

You are on.

On a serious note it will be hard to vote here. Especially when two teams field a sheep.

What I don't like in the sheepgate is that it goes directly against the OP, which specified the post-drafting routine. And I was drafting based on that (trying to create a better team until the end instead of picking a non-sheep alternative which wasn't true to my original idea)

But I am a sore loser and a very competitive one, and obviously biased, being stuck in this little tournament
It was clear. Several voiced concerns about giving away and assessing 16 squads, that's all.

Nope, I disagree. For me it's simply the fact that the sheep are supposed to be punishment and there is hardly any quality control is enough for me to decide this. Even in the round where the sheep pool was open the quality were not comparable. For example Valencia would be closer to the quality of O Shea then bebe. Now just because you felt like giving me worse player should not be decider at all. I happen to not need to use a sheep but that is the point in this round. Everyone is using sheep.

OK, you can have Dirk Kuyt, which was what I meant to until I thought Bebe should feature on a bench. Couldn't care less.

The real eyesores out there are the Platini morph (not a sheep) and EAP insisting on a sweeper and basically looking dodgy because his entire planning was shambolic in leaving him zero options to produce a defence.