The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

Pat_Mustard - Maldini (32m) - FAIL & Cerezo (2m) - FAIL
Skizzo/Annah - P. Maldini (40m) - PASS & Cerezo (10m) - PASS

I was so close of not making a bid for Cerezo. @Pat_Mustard

Boo hiss! I'd have liked to get Cerezo and that Milan vs Sao Paulo match wouldn't have been too bad to be stuck on for my second pick. I'm happy enough with Burgnich and Pavoni though.

Anyway, I’ve tried for five or so minutes to come up with a resource which would allow for swift resource for this criterion - unsuccessfully.

Ain’t going through all those seasons to possibly spot a player I could possibly use - and the obvious ones means hassle. And I’m not in the mood for hassle.

I've spent a fair bit of time researching already and the pickings are depressingly meagre in the positions that I wan to fill. Top end quality is good, depth is shite as far as I can tell.

:lol: Draft is effectively over for me. 5 sheeps now, no one else has even more than 3! All went downhill after that Platini conversion :mad:

SPECIAL EVENT #4: RESULTS

FIRSTLY: Keep a list of your answers and add to it, we won't be going up and down 20 convos checking what you did or didn't answer.

Mission #1: Find ADM and Balu at the Fair

Everyone seems to have found them, along with LvG, Klopp, Chester, Pat, Skizzo and Wally himself.

Some great Paint skills on display:

VObCGwD.jpg

2s9x21i.jpg

Mission #2: Guess the clubs

Club #1

2ihp5x2.jpg

There were better pictures which looked more like cherries as opposed to an apple with a long stem. That was the only trick though.

Cherries and sushi. So most answered Bournemouth despite having no idea what to make of the sushi.

Cerezo Osaka (cerezo being the Japanese cherry tree)

Best explanation: Atlético Madrid. There is a apple three in Atletico badge with bear(balu) trying to get some, sushi represents asian owners lol

Club #2

15mbvyg.jpg

Only three actually got this. The rest kept playing with Olympic variation.

Gimnasia y Esgrima de La Plata (literally, Gymnastics and Fencing Club of La Plata, the local derby for Verón's Estudiantes)

Best explanation: You can see a ribbon, it's obvious, but look at the fencer's helmet! It's the "W" from Bolton's logo
Bolton-Wanderers-Logo.jpg

Club #3

211jho6.jpg

Bar someone being distracted by boobs, everyone realised St. Paul's Cathedral was the point. Every single one of you went for St. Pauli's and when told it was close/hit the goalpost moved on to reading The Pillars of the Earth, researching cathedrals, and Joga Bonito somehow brainwaved his way into St. Patrick's. Only 3-4 of you saw the more obvious explanation for being close:

São Paulo FC

Best explanation: Corinthians(st pauls letter to corinthians)

Clubs #4 & #5

ws8jtk.jpg

This was so easy I felt we needed a classic scene to throw a curveball. Cue everyone banging on about Hertha, Bayern, writing essays on teams supported by nazis or jews, etc. Someone even chucked Nuremberg in there referencing the parades. Harms sent pictures of Wenger and Mourinho doing silly walks... There was of course West Ham as Cleese supports them.

For Christ's sake guys, the character is called Basil and he runs a hotel in Torquay

Basel FC, Torquay United FC

Best explanation: Celtic + Racing Club (or I guess it must be @Pat_Mustard, I frankly have no idea how you got there)

Club #6

2d6wsir.jpg

Zillions of sea references, a couple of random Turkish sides.

Vancouver Whitecaps

Best explanation:
There's a seagull. Seagulls => trawlers => Cantona => Crystal Palace

And the winners are....

In joint third place with 6 points: @Skizzo/@Annahnomoss, @P-Nut0712, they both get a Supershithead Card

In second place and only missing the Whitecaps: @Chesterlestreet, he gets to cast the Alphabet Spell

In FIRST place and twice special event winners: @RedTiger and @Peyroteo, they get The Wenger Card, a card that can help avoid almost signing someone.

Best explanation: Celtic + Racing Club (or I guess it must be @Pat_Mustard, I frankly have no idea how you got there)

A map of my addled mind:

"Don't Mention The War" > war > battle > ahh Battle of Berne. BINGO! > oh feck that was an international match > Battle of Montevideo then > feck it, that'll do.

I may have mentioned this dozens of times already, but I HATE picture riddles! For the record, my Ocean Boys FC answer to the final one was just as viable an answer as Vancouver Whitecaps

Surely the Wenger card ensures almost signing players?

Should be the Perez card that ensures getting who you want?

Last edited:
For Christ's sake guys, the character is called Basil and he runs a hotel in Torquay
Feck, though about Torquay for quite some time but didn't like the explanation at all.

Don't like the whitecaps at all though. Surprised that someone actually deducted it, but there were too many other (and, in my opinion, better) explanations.
Other than that - brilliant event! It was quite fun, even though I massively sucked at it.

A map of my addled mind:

"Don't Mention The War" > war > battle > ahh Battle of Berne. BINGO! > oh feck that was an international match > Battle of Montevideo then > feck it, that'll do.

I may have mentioned this dozens of times already, but I HATE picture riddles! For the record, my Ocean Boys FC answer to the final one was just as viable an answer as Vancouver Whitecaps
Don't like the whitecaps at all though. Surprised that someone actually deducted it, but there were too many other (and, in my opinion, better) explanations.
Other than that - brilliant event! It was quite fun, even though I massively sucked at it.
Maybe they trawled through an old thread with riddles where whitecaps featured (different photo).

The Battle of Montevideo is a good one, as is the letter to the Corinthians. They all add one further step though and I thought with 5 hours they had to be literally staring at you.

Last time I went two step Balu spent about two years having no clue what the answer was.

Surely the Wenger card ensures almost signing players?

Should be the Perez card that ensures getting who you want?
Yeah, I thought it should be a spell card making people miss out. But I understand the alternative logic of momentarily turning reality into a Wicked Wenger World. It even rhymes with the Wicked Wango Card.

Some cheaters?
4 left according to my calculations.
I've spent a fair bit of time researching already and the pickings are depressingly meagre in the positions that I wan to fill. Top end quality is good, depth is shite as far as I can tell.

Some great players indeed, especially including the blocked ones so the pool is great for some that have money(and cards) to spend. The depth as you said is a bit worrying.

OK, while I finish, a word of warning to all those failing:

ATTENTION PLEASE!!!!

@Chesterlestreet has cast the Alphabet Spell.

For this turn, managers can no longer target any player with the vowel E either (or both) in their first name or surname.

Anyone trying to pick up Diego Messadonna, for example, will get FAIL (ineligible pick).

ATTENTION PLEASE!!!!

For this turn, managers can no longer target any player with the vowel E either (or both) in their first name or surname.

Anyone trying to pick up Diego Messadonna, for example, will get FAIL (ineligible pick).
This is from pick 2 onwards or pick 1 included?

ATTENTION PLEASE!!!!

P1 or entire round?

R10P1
R10P1:

P-Nut - FAIL
Moby - PASS

Enigma - PASS
Raees - PASS
Chesterlestreet - PASS
Downcast - PASS
Skizzo/Annah - FAIL (ineligible pick)
Joga Bonito - PASS
Bepo - FAIL
Gio - FAIL

harms - FAIL
EAP - FAIL (missed deadline)
DavidG - FAIL (ineligible pick)
Tuppet - PASS
onenil - PASS
mazhar - PASS
Cal? - FAIL

Pat_Mustard - PASS
crappy/Viva - FAIL
RedTiger/Peyroteo - PASS

Block list:

Garrincha, Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, Taffarel, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Sammer, Weah, Zidane, Nedved, Di Stéfano, Rossi, Baresi, Cruyff, Costacurta, Juan Ramón Verón, Zico, Souness.

DISCLAIMER:
All passes are subject to @The Stain confirming I didn't cock up the budget checks

By the way @Red Tiger and @Peyroteo have successfully used their Wenger Card

Wenger card: one time use pre-paid card, bids 40M+1 quid on your behalf. Not immune to protector or shithead.

pff, a lot. Literally not a single name in the pool is usable for me that doesn't have the letter E innit. Great card btw.
I was hoping he used it earlier and it lasted the whole round, but was overruled. Again.

I was hoping he used it earlier and it lasted the whole round, but was overruled. Again.
I think there would have been 5 players eligible from my research if you discard E's. Would've scrapped it altogether.

The Wenger card is quality. :lol:

Credit to @ctp for the Wenger card idea, although his was more true to the namesake.

In his version you got Wenger to add the necessary 1 quid.

Since many have feck all money we made it a prepaid card worth 40,000,001

Lol at alphabet spell being E. Rules out the entire pool worth having.