The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

So @antohan @The Stain when are we getting the player protect / steal round?

He ditched player-swap round. He didn't let me blow him up along with Cal?s man (poetic justice). He doesn't let me cast a reverse-prince-to-toad spell on him.

#frozenout

cold-day-in-hell.png

What exactly was Super Cheat, @harms - did you get a free pick, basically (no limitations beyond the player not being blocked or picked)?

Have to say the current one, albeit looking like an 'easy' round is quite the contrary. You get to take a punt at a great player but most likely on the other side is essentially a sheep. Or you could go with couple of great combos but you risk being outbid and end up with two fails.

Happy to get a pass here as it could've ended badly with two sheep.

It will be interesting round when all is said and done.

Have to say the current one, albeit looking like an 'easy' round is quite the contrary.

Yes, tricky for several managers.

You can easily end up in a situation where the only decent players available are a bit useless to you, as you already have someone considerably better in X’s only realistic position/role. And so you have to choose whether you go for an absolute no-mark in a position you need to fill - or pick up an essentially pointless player (well, we don’t know what may happen, of course - could get screwed again by some kind of card, and then such a player could come in handy, but that would be pure speculation).

Yes, tricky for several managers.

You can easily end up in a situation where the only decent players available are a bit useless to you, as you already have someone considerably better in X’s only realistic position/role. And so you have to choose whether you go for an absolute no-mark in a position you need to fill - or pick up an essentially pointless player (well, we don’t know what may happen, of course - could get screwed again by some kind of card, and then such a player could come in handy, but that would be pure speculation).
Yeah exactly I went for a Veron senior with the same idea - that I wouldn't need him and is essentially a sheep for me, but needed the other player so it was a risk worth taking.

On the other hand there is a great combo I had in mind which essentially would solve 2 positions for me, but chickened out a bit at the end.

Great round mind and with so many cards left in play and some managers having loads to spend will be interesting outcome.

Have to say the current one, albeit looking like an 'easy' round is quite the contrary. You get to take a punt at a great player but most likely on the other side is essentially a sheep. Or you could go with couple of great combos but you risk being outbid and end up with two fails.

Happy to get a pass here as it could've ended badly with two sheep.

It will be interesting round when all is said and done.

Especially in my position where I am over-sheeped as it is. Fortunate to get two good players and am wondering if it is the same combo that you were thinking of.

Especially in my position where I am over-sheeped as it is. Fortunate to get two good players and am wondering if it is the same combo that you were thinking of.
If neither of them is CM it should be the same :)

and with so many cards left in play

By my estimate there shouldn't be many cheat cards left, 3-4 maybe. More protect cards but I'd guess at least ten have gone.

Shithead is another matter altogether, of course. No idea how many have used that.

anto has something special in store for y'all at P2 reveal. Stay tuned.

What exactly was Super Cheat, @harms - did you get a free pick, basically (no limitations beyond the player not being blocked or picked)?

You are allowed to ignore the criteria and pick any unpicked player.

One time use.

Best used on an ineligible player to avoid protection/block.

Not immune to shithead.

Let's wrap this round up, you'll need time for research for the next round.

Can't wait for that player swap round, you guys are genius.
Come on Stain let it happen!

Plenty of power cards still about. Not many rounds left to use them.

Happy with that. Picked up a top player and someone that isn't a sheep. Worms out perfectly well for me.
Must be nice. There are like 5 (or something) without sheep. Should just be a matter of upgrading from here on in.

Must be nice. There are like 5 (or something) without sheep. Should just be a matter of upgrading from here on in.

I've got 1 more position to fill and then just trying to pick up better players if possible. However, I'm not getting too comfortable as these special events rounds can really screw you over. I also don't have the shiny names some of the other teams have got.

Special Event 4
SPECIAL EVENT #4: WHERE'S @Balu?

Solve these riddles for special rewards. Anyone getting more than 6 will get something. But if you get them all...

FIRSTLY: Keep a list of your answers and add to it, we won't be going up and down 20 convos checking what you did or didn't answer.

Mission #1: Find ADM and Balu at the Fair (larger version)

Mission #2: Guess the clubs

Club #1

2ihp5x2.jpg

Club #2

15mbvyg.jpg

Club #3

211jho6.jpg

Clubs #4 & #5

ws8jtk.jpg

Club #6

2d6wsir.jpg

Deadline: 11PM GMT tonight, decoupled from P3 reveal.