The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

Thanks to that feckall cheat card we have to wait till the last minute of every deadline. :||
Everyone just use it as soon as possible so that the last few rounds can be quicker

Cheat card doesnt have anything to do with it, we would wait either way. Cheat users wait until everyone sends their pick so if everyone picked within an hour they would get the list then.

Cheat card doesnt have anything to do with it, we would wait either way. Cheat users wait until everyone sends their pick so if everyone picked within an hour they would get the list then.
Nah in a normal sheep draft most 2nd and 3rd picks happen incredibly quickly, very rarely if ever the full deadline is needed. At least that was the case in the one I ran.

Yep.

But Bamboozle could conceivably involve some kind of gamble, i.e. you aren't guaranteed anything by playing it. Possibly.

And harms may not have played his card at all.

Yeah it seems that bamboozle was played but didn't pay off unless his aim was to screw people over and disregarding himself.

Nah in a normal sheep draft most 2nd and 3rd picks happen incredibly quickly, very rarely if ever the full deadline is needed. At least that was the case in the one I ran.
There haven't been many cheat cards used in P2/P3. It's been down to managers waiting until the last minutes to pick/failing for missing deadlines. You are also forgetting that we have more than 16 managers in this draft.

In the sheep draft i played in we wouldn't even get past one round some days.

There haven't been many cheat cards used in P2/P3. It's been down to managers waiting until the last minutes to pick. You are also forgetting that we have more than 16 managers in this draft.

Yeah I think that's the key thing. More managers means waiting longer. I don't mind it really as everything is done in 24 hour cycles

There haven't been many cheat cards used in P2/P3. It's been down to managers waiting until the last minutes to pick. You are also forgetting that we have more than 16 managers in this draft.

In the sheep draft i played in we wouldn't even get past one round some days.
fecking destroy them with tags and PMs!

Yeah, I personally think the tempo is great. Without any unexpected delays, at least

Cheat users wait until everyone sends their pick so if everyone picked within an hour they would get the list then.

Yes, in theory that’s how it should play out. But people don’t know who has submitted and not unless they keep asking constantly - so most probably just wait until an hour remains before doing anything.

With the cheat card i will let cheaters know when everyone has picked but i can't always be around much earlier in the AM than around 30 mins before deadline.

I'm waiting to see if RedTiger comes here before the deadline so he has some say in the matter. We have 4 more hours right?

Nah there have barely been any cheat/protect cards used in the last 2 rounds. In the first 4 rounds, they were never utilised in the P2 and P3. It was only in the fifth round that 2 protect cards were used in P2 and one cheat card in P3. Likewise one cheat and one protect card in the sixth round P2.

It's almost as though people are averse to using the protect, cheat cards in P2 and P3, when it does have more chances of paying of in certain rounds. Far too often we've seen people go for the standard protect in P1 and pick in P2 or heck cheat in P1 and get outbidded or block the player etc.

The pace has been impeccable - no doubt. 1 round = 1 day is pretty much as good as you can expect.

There’s no chance of things slowing down horribly at any stage, which is a huge improvement on the usual format.

This is my first draft but the pace is great as it is. Hopefully it's always like this

Using protect in p2 is difficult though as the player could already have gone and then you're almost definitely getting yourself a sheep

Using protect in p2 is difficult though as the player could already have gone and then you're almost definitely getting yourself a sheep

It makes sense if you believe one super star has been protected at the 1st pick level as it happened in some rounds.

If you want to speed up the process, the best way is to incentivize the managers and find a way to reward those who submit early.

That's exactly what I did for the 3 CL wins round. :(

If you want to speed up the process, the best way is to incentivize the managers and find a way to reward those who submit early.

Aye, I recall the Monopoly draft being significantly speeded up after that move, although it was a snake draft where you barely clashed with other managers.

Thanks to that feckall cheat card we have to wait till the last minute of every deadline. :||
Everyone just use it as soon as possible so that the last few rounds can be quicker

It's not really the cheat card. Regular punters are picking late.

We did say from the outset we wouldn't let the whim of 20+ people as to when they can be arsed to pick run our lives.

We have a schedule, it's a healthy thing both for us and everyone involved.

We did say from the outset we wouldn't let the whim of 20+ people as to when they can be arsed to pick run our lives.

We have a schedule, it's a healthy thing both for us and everyone involved.

Yeah I think most people are happy with it to be honest. It's just when you pick after 5 minutes of the criteria being announced its a long wait for the next pick.

It's all expected though so I have no qualms waiting. The biggest killer here though is waiting to see what screwed me over pick 1!

Nah there have barely been any cheat/protect cards used in the last 2 rounds. In the first 4 rounds, they were never utilised in the P2 and P3. It was only in the fifth round that 2 protect cards were used in P2 and one cheat card in P3. Likewise one cheat and one protect card in the sixth round P2.

It's almost as though people are averse to using the protect, cheat cards in P2 and P3, when it does have more chances of paying of in certain rounds. Far too often we've seen people go for the standard protect in P1 and pick in P2 or heck cheat in P1 and get outbidded or block the player etc.

Joga putting his Werewolf pad to good use. Take notice @Moby , I told you he had a colour-coded analysis of all picks so far

Very few cheat cards are used in picks 2 & 3 imo. So if everyone submits early, there is no need to wait till deadline.

But then, the regular deadline is helpful in planning your day. Even if busy, I know exactly when to check to get results/criteria and that's far more helpful than constant refresh every 30 mins.

I'd like the current announcement timelines to remain the same. It has no lag and is efficient as it.

Na. I can't work out what's actually gone on. I picked the players for mentioned that my bid was if I have the money. But all the joking about lawyers and etc i don't have a clue how much I have

:lol: why didn't you work it out before bidding?

It's almost as though people are averse to using the protect, cheat cards in P2 and P3, when it does have more chances of paying of in certain rounds.

Protect seems to have been used mainy as a "step 1" kind of thing in a strategy to land a particular player. And it hasn't paid off for anyone (I think). Using it for P2 is clearly more effective but involves gambling on the player being protected by someone else in P1 (which is what you did successfully yourself - or was it Skizzo?).

Very few cheat cards are used in picks 2 & 3 imo. So if everyone submits early, there is no need to wait till deadline.

People that are cheating won't have submitted there pick though will they and they've already said once all are submitted if they are around they will release the results.

Because I SHOULD have x amount, and if i don't it means I have zero which makes r1 pointless for me if we HAVE to bid.

You don't have to bid. That was stated as early as round 3 I think :lol:

EDIT: Also possible the bamboozle has fecked you over much like myself.