The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

You get questions for 15 players but can only pick up 14.

Ah. That's different. In other words, it's purely for the benefit of the managers.

Vanilla, man. Baby soft.

Seriously, though - that makes sense. But it's still soft.

Anyway, point being - the immediate task here isn't to compose a grand team, but to compose a team that stands a chance in the sort of format we're playing with.

Normally, you can get unlucky and draw GOAT FC - that won't happen here. Worst case scenario, you assemble enough dross to get voted out before the action begins. If not, worst case scenario is that you get drawn into a group with GOAT FC and GOATISH FC and lose out that way.

Anyway, point being - the immediate task here isn't to compose a grand team, but to compose a team that stands a chance in the sort of format we're playing with.

Normally, you can get unlucky and draw GOAT FC - that won't happen here. Worst case scenario, you assemble enough dross to get voted out before the action begins. If not, worst case scenario is that you get drawn into a group with GOAT FC and GOATISH FC and lose out that way.

Oh! Just learned there was a group stage and read all the rules :D

@The Stain

Teams:

P-Nut
- Yaya Touré, Roberto Carlos, Lahm, Masopust, Iniesta
Moby - Puskás, Neuer, Salif Diao, Jon Flanagan, Redondo
Enigma - Xavi, Tigana, A. Voronin, Eusébio, Krol
Raees - Mark Fish, Crouch, Maier, van Basten, David May
Chesterlestreet - Boniek, Facchetti, Lato, Rivera, Haan
Downcast - Eto'o, Verratti, Scirea, Best, Clemence
Skizzo/Annah - Liedholm, Hellström, Kvarme, Kopa, Souness
Joga Bonito - Matthäus, Vogts, Schweinsteiger, Darmian, Neeskens
Bepo - Stoichkov, Maradona, Sinama Pongolle, Lee Cattermole, Puyol
Gio - Carlton Palmer, Meazza, Cafu, Alberto Moreno, Michele Padovano
harms - Vidić, Rijkaard, Rummenigge, Figo, Jesper Blomqvist
EAP - Messi, Stam, Cheyrou, Sir Bobby Charlton, Gento
DavidG - Johnstone, Makélélé, Klavan, Jonjo Shelvey, Dani Alves
Tuppet - Pelé, Monti, Żmuda, Gerd Müller,
onenil - Chumpitaz, Sócrates, Dunga, Rivaldo, Santamaría
mazhar - van Himst, Simonsen, Cabrini, Luis Suárez Miramontes, Keizer
Cal? - Maldini, Zlatan, Cannavaro, Kaká, Vladimir Smicer
Pat_Mustard - Alberto Spencer, Jonas Olsson, Kempes, Matthews, Tassotti
crappy/Viva - Dong Fangzhou, Romário, Littbarski, Platini, Seedorf
RedTiger/Peyroteo - John Charles, Abreu, Konchesky, Gullit, Cristiano Ronaldo

Block list: Garrincha, Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, Taffarel, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Sammer, Weah, Zidane, Nedved, Di Stéfano, Rossi, Baresi, Cruyff, Costacurta.

Thanks. :lol: I had both Padovano and Blomqvist in mind. You forgot Tuppet, though.

Thanks. :lol: I had both Padovano and Blomqvist in mind. You forgot Tuppet, though.
Stick one in. I was falling asleep typing with one hand and the other stroking the back of one of the twins to release his trapped wind

I'm most likely going to be asleep between the 2 deadlines so would any neutral observing be able to make a pick on my behalf if I fail?

I’ve a feeling I’ll be admonishing myself somewhat no matter what happens in this round.

Bloody stupid not to take the NT factor into consideration for P1.

I'm most likely going to be asleep between the 2 deadlines so would any neutral observing be able to make a pick on my behalf if I fail?

Better to send directly to TheStain/antohan by specifying your plan

Had an inkling something was up when anto posted this.
Guess so... by that time I was too invested in my little scheme.

No way I could have got out of that one really, in the end I only wasted the protect card so it's not a disaster.

Blomqvist ain't no sheep.

If he was...20? Certainly 30 or 40 years older he'd be part of a grand team and no questions asked.

Even given the circumstances he ain't a sheep. He was pretty good. Never kicked on properly for United, of course, but still.

I remember when we brought him in - he wasn't a shot in the dark, to put it like that.

I’ve a feeling I’ll be admonishing myself somewhat no matter what happens in this round.

Bloody stupid not to take the NT factor into consideration for P1.
That was deliberately vague (albeit clear as day).

Not a softie any more, eh?

You also lose your reading comprehension diploma.

Blomqvist ain't no sheep.

If he was...20? Certainly 30 or 40 years older he'd be part of a grand team and no questions asked.

Even given the circumstances he ain't a sheep. He was pretty good. Never kicked on properly for United, of course, but still.

I remember when we brought him in - he wasn't a shot in the dark, to put it like that.
I just knew I needed Scandinavian sheep for @Annahnomoss, then couldn't be arsed find another.

I just knew I needed Scandinavian sheep for @Annahnomoss, then couldn't be arsed find another.

Yes, I understand that - and of course he’s a sheep of sorts in the right context.

Just felt like giving him a bit of a thumbs up - he wasn’t a terrible player, after all.

In an all-time context he looks entirely out of his depth - and miles behind certain wide players/wingers from the region in question.

R6P2
R6P2:

P-Nut - PASS
Moby - PASS & FAIL (Already picked)
Raees - PASS
Chesterlestreet - PASS
Joga Bonito - PASS
EAP - PASS
DavidG - PASS

onenil - PASS & FAIL (Already picked)
mazhar - PASS
Cal? - PASS
Pat_Mustard - PASS & PASS

crappy/Viva - FAIL (Ineligible pick)

Block list:

Garrincha, Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, Taffarel, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Sammer, Weah, Zidane, Nedved, Di Stéfano, Rossi, Baresi, Cruyff, Costacurta.