The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

You can mate. Both national and club level count. No glorified friendlies like Europe IX world IX etc.

Right - confirmed by Stalin too.

Should have made sure of that before picking - thought one of my picks was much safer than he actually was (he wasn't safe at all).

Still possible to answer the question?

I don't want to make useless research

Seems like a bitch to research at first glance.

I can think of a few but to get everyone you'd need a) extensive research or b) to stumble upon a list detailing precisely the info you're after.

Seems like a bitch to research at first glance.

I can think of a few but to get everyone you'd need a) extensive research or b) to stumble upon a list detailing precisely the info you're after.
aye, first 6 are generally well known, the other two.. however..are tough to spot from an hour research or so.

The pool of available players will take a massive blow after this round.

Last edited:
SE2 - Reward
FATHER & SON UNLOCKED!

figu.jpg

OBVIOUS ONES YOU FIND IN ANY FAMOUS FATHER & SON GOOGLE RESULTS:
NOTE:
You also get a lot of crap some of you have been sending with famous combos that never won the requisite tournaments.

MALDINI
- Cesare and Paolo
CRUYFF - Johann and Jordi
BUSQUETS - Carles and Sergio
SANCHIS - Manuel and Manuel
VERÓN - Juan Ramón "La Bruja" and Juan Sebastián "La Brujita"

TWO YOU SHOULD KNOW IF YOU READ MY PLAYER MEGAPOSTS

GONÇALVES - Néstor and Jorge
MATOSAS - Roberto and Gustavo

Remarkably, both parents and both sons won the Libertadores together for Peñarol.

THE ONE THAT PAT WAS MISSING (BEFORE SOMEONE WON)

CUDICINI - Fabio and Carlo

THE RED HERRINGS THAT TRIPPED YOU UP

FORLÁN
- Pablo and Diego
MONTERO - Julio and Paolo

The sons never won CL or Libertadores. Paolo is a triple runner-up.

AND THE WINNER IS (AND ALREADY WAS, TEE HEE)...

First six are well-known? Now I feel stupid :(

He gets a very special card... the SUPERCHEAT CARD

What's the difference between supercheat and cheat card?

He gets a very special card... the SUPERCHEAT CARD
I got all of them not long after the question was posted but stupidly copied and pasted wrongly and left out the 2nd most obvious one. :(

What's the difference between supercheat and cheat card?
We have this movie, Kin-dza-dza. It sounds much better in Russian (and not taken out of the context of the movie), but still:

Gedevan Aleksandrovich: Excuse me, Chatlians and Patsaks, is it a nationality?
Uef: No.
Gedevan Aleksandrovich: A biological factor?
Gedevan Aleksandrovich: Persons from other planets?
Gedevan Aleksandrovich: So what is the difference between them?
Uef: Are you colorblind? Can't you tell orange from green?

[Uef is referring to a special detector device they have that when pointed to a Chatlian buzzes a green dot and when to a Patsak an orange one]

I got all of them not long after the question was posted but stupidly copied and pasted wrongly and left out the 2nd most obvious one. :(

Yups, you are an early BOTD contender:

SE2:

Cesare and Paolo Maldini
Manuel Sanchis Martinez and Manuel Sanchis Hontiyuelo
Juan Ramon and Juan Sebastien Veron
Fabio and Carlo Cudicini
Manuel Sanchis Martinez and Hontiyuelo
Carles and Sergio Busquets
Roberto and Gustavo Matosas
Néstor and Jorge Goncalves

Peyroteo also missed the Cruyffs and went for the Forlans instead, but I'm still scratching my head how you can write that mouthful twice and not pick up on it.

Last edited:
Yups, you are an early BOTD contender:

SE2:

Cesare and Paolo Maldini
Manuel Sanchis Martinez and Manuel Sanchis Hontiyuelo
Juan Ramon and Juan Sebastien Veron
Fabio and Carlo Cudicini
Manuel Sanchis Martinez and Hontiyuelo
Carles and Sergio Busquets
Roberto and Gustavo Matosas
Néstor and Jorge Goncalves

Peyroteo also missed the Cruyff's and went for the Forlan's instead, but I'm still scratching my head how you can right that mouthful twice and not pick up on it.
Cos I never typed it but copied and pasted. :o

Harms already has 7 worldies out of 8 picks, the cnut.
My sheep will also be a worldie :drool:

8afdcd585deecfc7f9dc33391bbb414e.jpg

On a more serious note, EAP is even more impressive at this stage, and there are the likes of Joga, Chester etc. Plus you don't know who I've picked in this round yet (or do you?)

Dynamics - or whatever you want to call it - will be a bit different here, in terms of who's running away with it. The actual terms - as far as who's leading the pack is concerned - won't be entirely clear until we know what will determine who gets in and who doesn't.

Squad? Favoured XI posted? Etc.

In other words, having a few sheep at this stage means nothing.

I'm also curious about how the "skip" card will actually - ever - be truly beneficial. You avoid a sheep but lose a player. That's obvious. But unless you actually have to field your sheep, taking a gamble will always be worth it - no? I mean, the total number of sheep in your squad would be the only factor to truly worry about.

fecking wiki tripped me, says Carlo Cudicini played 0 games for Milan.
I specifically stated they may not have played in the final. Applies to him, Busquets Sr., Cruyff Jr. off the top of my head.

Dynamics - or whatever you want to call it - will be a bit different here, in terms of who's running away with it. The actual terms - as far as who's leading the pack is concerned - won't be entirely clear until we know what will determine who gets in and who doesn't.

Squad? Favoured XI posted? Etc.

In other words, having a few sheep at this stage means nothing.

I'm also curious about how the "skip" card will actually - ever - be truly beneficial. You avoid a sheep but lose a player. That's obvious. But unless you actually have to field your sheep, taking a gamble will always be worth it - no? I mean, the total number of sheep in your squad would be the only factor to truly worry about.
Skip (Pass) allows you to avoid a question you don't fancy (be it sheep or bereft of what you need).

You get questions for 15 players but can only pick up 14. That's why some talk about a "bonus round". It isn't bonus, just there for passcard users.