The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

It was great, I wasn't making fun of it. Very balls out, and everything indicated it was working well. Even Joga cheating in the last turn was going "Cristiano Ronaldo? FFS..." and was in two minds as to whether try block you or something.

It was beautiful to watch you in full flight, like Icarus getting too close to the sun.
:lol: Perhaps that would be better, I've somehow managed to get him for the past few drafts and always end up losing, I remember a lot of people weren't convinced how he & Zlatan could work together last time.

Anyway, shithead works on 1 or both picks?

:lol: Perhaps that would be better, I've somehow managed to get him for the past few drafts and always end up losing, I remember a lot of people weren't convinced how he & Zlatan could work together last time.

Anyway, shithead works on 1 or both picks?
Both, it's the manager it is cast on, not the target.

Protector only works on one player though.

SPECIAL EVENT RESULT

OK, I cocked up.

This was meant as a wonderful story:

In the early 1930s a teenager from the Montevideo slums moved into a rundown brickhouse while a trainee youth prospect and boot cleaner at a small club. Outside his door was "El Callejón" (the Alley) one of the most notorious street-football meeting points in Montevideo. He only moved out once he came of age and signed a professional contract with Montevideo Wanderers, en route to Peñarol and arguably the most magnificent and dominant individual performance a World Cup Final has seen. His name was Obdulio Jacinto Varela.

Seventy years later, a teenager from the Salto slums moved to Montevideo and shacked up in the small house while he advanced through the youth ranks at Club Nacional de Football. El Callejón was still there. Luis Suárez would go on to be arguably the best striker of his generation and Uruguay's all-time record goalscorer.

C0fnLlaXUAAK599.jpg:medium

Those who answered Obdulio Varela were randomised by Damobot and Red Tiger/Peyroteo emerged as winners for the FIRST PRIZE

It never crossed my mind to check for the bleeding obvious:

Fernando Torres left Liverpool for Chelsea and the scousers used the money and a few shirt ashes to buy Suárez and uhm, errr, Andy Carroll. Given the Spanish/Brazilian contingent all lived nearby and Torres' house was vacated in a rush, Suárez was an obvious tenant.

Meh story, but we won't punish you for being right, so we created a SECOND PRIZE for the randombot winner OneNiltoUnited

You will soon find out what they have won. Mwahahaha! :devil:

Cool!

Are these rewards related to this round in any way? As in should I wait till rewards are revealed for my next picks?

Guys, if you can provide proof they played together, that'd be just awesome.

Are you sure? I doubt there'd be any notable player who has played with Iniesta but not whoever your first pick is.

Spain and Barcelona over the years he's been there have been massively successful though so lots of great players to pick from whilst not competing with hardly anyone!

Just need to make sure I pick up the missing pieces to my puzzle now.

Wiki list had Krol on 2 wins, feck, should've remembered
yeah saw that but then his individual page had him on three. It's a bit of a mess as he only missed the final and second semi due to broken leg, but played all throughout the tournament till the semis. They have **** with 2 for example although he didn't play in 99 as well.

Spain and Barcelona over the years he's been there have been massively successful though so lots of great players to pick from whilst not competing with hardly anyone!

Just need to make sure I pick up the missing pieces to my puzzle now.
David covers Barca with Alves and Bepo with Puyol so there are overlaps :)

It's a great criteria tho nicely thought out.

David covers Barca with Alves and Bepo with Puyol so there are overlaps :)

It's a great criteria tho nicely thought out.
The idea throughout has been to bring elements of other formats (chain and no mates here, auction with bids, etc).

Don't be surprised if a snake rears its head.

Teams:

P-Nut
- Yaya Touré, Roberto Carlos, Lahm, Masopust, Iniesta
Moby - Puskás, Neuer, Salif Diao, Jon Flanagan, Redondo
Enigma - Xavi, Tigana, A. Voronin, Eusébio, Krol
Raees - Mark Fish, Crouch, Maier, van Basten, David May
Chesterlestreet - Boniek, Facchetti, Lato, Rivera, Haan
Downcast - Eto'o, Verratti, Scirea, Best, Clemence
Skizzo/Annah - Liedholm, Hellström, Kvarme, Kopa, Souness
Joga Bonito - Matthäus, Vogts, Schweinsteiger, Darmian, Neeskens
Bepo - Stoichkov, Maradona, Sinama Pongolle, Lee Cattermole, Puyol
Gio - Carlton Palmer, Meazza, Cafu, Alberto Moreno, Michele Padovano
harms - Vidić, Rijkaard, Rummenigge, Figo, Jesper Blomqvist
EAP - Messi, Stam, Cheyrou, Sir Bobby Charlton, Gento
DavidG - Johnstone, Makélélé, Klavan, Jonjo Shelvey, Dani Alves
Tuppet - Pelé, Monti, Żmuda, Gerd Müller,
onenil - Chumpitaz, Sócrates, Dunga, Rivaldo, Santamaría
mazhar - van Himst, Simonsen, Cabrini, Luis Suárez Miramontes, Keizer
Cal? - Maldini, Zlatan, Cannavaro, Kaká, Vladimir Smicer
Pat_Mustard - Alberto Spencer, Jonas Olsson, Kempes, Matthews, Tassotti
crappy/Viva - Dong Fangzhou, Romário, Littbarski, Platini, Seedorf
RedTiger/Peyroteo - John Charles, Abreu, Konchesky, Gullit, Cristiano Ronaldo

Block list: Garrincha, Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, Taffarel, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Sammer, Weah, Zidane, Nedved, Di Stéfano, Rossi, Baresi, Cruyff, Costacurta.

Damn.. forgot you would go big for Redondo after you failed with Scirea

Obvious that he will target Redondo and given his initial budget (100 m), I didn't try to consider such an option :D

Your last player has played with the whole universe, including a Brazilian club :cool:

given his initial budget (100 m)
Fun fact, reason I bid 36 and not the whole 40 was because I was under the impression that you lose your money even if you lose the bid, and thought I had lost the money during my previous 3 bids, else it would have been 40.

Pretty much shows how far behind this draft I've lagged. :lol:

Fun fact, reason I bid 36 and not the whole 40 was because I was under the impression that you lose your money even if you lose the bid, and thought I had lost the money during my previous 3 bids, else it would have been 40.

Pretty much shows how far behind this draft I've lagged. :lol:

And the guys who used the protect cards have saved those who invested 40 millions and were blocked (like the case of Baresi with 3 bidders at 40m) !!!

And the guys who used the protect cards have saved those who invested 40 millions and were blocked (like the case of Baresi with 3 bidders at 40m) !!!
Poor me, my whole strategy in the last round was based on someone protecting CR for me in P1. :(