The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

Noone protected CR lolz.
Oh well... would only have resulted in a block if I just went for it.

tumblr_lrhbhxXQGN1qdnhp0o2_250_zpss8yzmvvs.gif

Should have known @Moby would go big in Redondo. Thought with Invictus not around I'd be able to steal in there.

Suprised no one went for Iniesta at all apart from me obviously.

EDIT: Loving the criteria aswell makes Iniesta an even better pick.

nicely played
Round 7 - LinkedIn

ao0q9y.jpg

Pick two players who BOTH have played with your last non-sheep pick.
These two players can't have played with each other.

Sheep picked on the same basis.

There will be a special event announced at 11am GMT with the P1 results.

It will work on a first correct answer basis but it won't be quick and easy to answer.

Good luck!​

what if you only get a pass for one player? does he stand and you are picking only second one or you can pick 2 new ones?

SPECIAL EVENT RESULT

OK, I cocked up.

This was meant as a wonderful story:

In the early 1930s a teenager from the Montevideo slums moved into a rundown brickhouse while a trainee youth prospect and boot cleaner at a small club. Outside his door was "El Callejón" (the Alley) one of the most notorious street-football meeting points in Montevideo. He only moved out once he came of age and signed a professional contract with Montevideo Wanderers, en route to Peñarol and arguably the most magnificent and dominant individual performance a World Cup Final has seen. His name was Obdulio Jacinto Varela.

Seventy years later, a teenager from the Salto slums moved to Montevideo and shacked up in the small house while he advanced through the youth ranks at Club Nacional de Football. El Callejón was still there. Luis Suárez would go on to be arguably the best striker of his generation and Uruguay's all-time record goalscorer.

C0fnLlaXUAAK599.jpg:medium

Those who answered Obdulio Varela were randomised by Damobot and Red Tiger/Peyroteo emerged as winners for the FIRST PRIZE

It never crossed my mind to check for the bleeding obvious:

Fernando Torres left Liverpool for Chelsea and the scousers used the money and a few shirt ashes to buy Suárez and uhm, errr, Andy Carroll. Given the Spanish/Brazilian contingent all lived nearby and Torres' house was vacated in a rush, Suárez was an obvious tenant.

Meh story, but we won't punish you for being right, so we created a SECOND PRIZE for the randombot winner OneNiltoUnited

You will soon find out what they have won. Mwahahaha! :devil:

So no one protected him? Someone took a punt (maybe cheated too), shitheaded Cal and stole the PLAYER? :eek:

Moby, Enigma, DavidG, Onenil, mazhar, RedTiger - Who could it be?

Obvious wolf brags about it
Noone here would have the balls and the luck to pull that off. There's no way

So it was you? :lol:

The only other reason is Cal bid on someone other than HIM, which also borders on disbelief.

Worst Werewolf player ever jumps on the inquisitive villager accusing him of doing what the other chap was doing (it's typically the sign of a shit villager or a desperate wolf)
And proceeded with gloating.

WOLF!

trying for Redondo with @Moby around :nono:

You are not getting it. Cal? had an elaborate plan:

P1: Bid 3M on Redondo giving it for granted he would go. Ronaldo would be safely protected or get blocked.
P2: Once he inevitably failed he would bid for Redondo again and get "player already picked", leading everyone to think Ronaldo was gone
P3: Walk into the sunset with CR7 as nobody protects him or shitheads Cal?

Would have been brilliant. It wasn't. He gets Vladimir Smicer.

nicely played

what if you only get a pass for one player? does he stand and you are picking only second one or you can pick 2 new ones?

Passed player stands. Finding a new one should be easy, it's not like you are stuck in a particular game like other 2-player rounds.

Seriously, anyone getting a sheep here is a fool.

P1: Bid 3M on Redondo giving it for granted he would go. Ronaldo would be safely protected or get blocked.
P2: Once he inevitably failed he would bid for Redondo again and get "player already picked", leading everyone to think Ronaldo was gone

I thought about the Joga plan which is essentially the same one except P1: bid 40m on the player; which would only have got him blocked unless one of the cheaters decide to protect him for (from) me.

Wiki list had Krol on 2 wins, feck, should've remembered

Wasn't aimed at @Cal? necessarily...about 4 other people went for Redondo too.

Well, if I had bid 40m and assuming those who used their cheat card didn't shithead me, he'd have been blocked.

We are not meant to disclose shitheads, but Peyroteo pretty much admitted on the thread he used it on you.

Round 7 - LinkedIn

ao0q9y.jpg

Pick two players who BOTH have played with your last non-sheep pick.
These two players can't have played with each other.

Sheep picked on the same basis.

There will be a special event announced at 11am GMT with the P1 results.

It will work on a first correct answer basis but it won't be quick and easy to answer.

Good luck!​

And I get stuck with a one club man. What a shitty break!

Should have known @Moby would go big in Redondo. Thought with Invictus not around I'd be able to steal in there.

Suprised no one went for Iniesta at all apart from me obviously.

EDIT: Loving the criteria aswell makes Iniesta an even better pick.
Are you sure? I doubt there'd be any notable player who has played with Iniesta but not whoever your first pick is.

We are not meant to disclose shitheads, but Peyroteo pretty much admitted on the thread he used it on you.
Oh well, in the circumstances it made no difference what I did... I still think my plan was decent, even though it didn't come off.

Tuppet is the big winner of this next round.

All things considered Iniesta probably would've been the better pick in hindsight :(

Oh well, in the circumstances it made no difference what I did... I still think my plan was decent, even though it didn't come off.
It was great, I wasn't making fun of it. Very balls out, and everything indicated it was working well. Even Joga cheating in the last turn was going "Cristiano Ronaldo? FFS..." and was in two minds as to whether try block you or something.

It was beautiful to watch you in full flight, like Icarus getting too close to the sun.