The Fifth Redcafe Sheep Draft

Should be a sheep, imo — it's on the manager to check his sources. Harsh, but...
Nah if mods passed its on them just like with EAP. But I posted Clare Kiem's pic as well but myself pointed out that she was only a long term partner and not married so it is weird that any pic giving wrong information otherwise gets a pass. French also have this weird habbit of referring to their long term partners as husband/wife.

It wasn't a similar situation — the mods approved Ronaldo because it was a rightful pick in their interpretation.
Here they missed it (and who could blame them), but Lizarazu was passed on by many other managers, me included, because he wasn't eligible, and the eligibility of the pick is the responsibility of the manager.
Lot of people passed on Ronnie too (including me) because the rules were pretty clear and GS even admitted he got it wrong. So imo it's a similar situation.

It wasn't a similar situation — the mods approved Ronaldo because it was a rightful pick in their interpretation.
Here they missed it (and who could blame them), but Lizarazu was passed on by many other managers, me included, because he wasn't eligible, and the eligibility of the pick is the responsibility of the manager.
It's a more complicated situation tho as it was the second pick. Even if it's invalid he'd have one more or something...

we cant sheep him as he didnt fail in the last round and tbf he didnt do no wrong, we asked for any mention of marriage online and he found it. Similar to selling average ladies as hot ones, if you can do it then fair play.
Everything is as per rules both here and in Ronaldo case.

we cant sheep him as he didnt fail in the last round and tbf he didnt do no wrong, we asked for any mention of marriage online and he found it. Similar to selling average ladies as hot ones, if you can do it then fair play.
Everything is as per rules both here and in Ronaldo case.

Ronaldo case was a mistake by mods no matter how much you and anto cry about it. It has already been explained in detailed by others pretty well. This one is a mistake in my book too but i guess flimsy language of the criteria itself can be an excuse.

Ronaldo case was a mistake by mods no matter how much you and anto cry about it. It has already been explained in detailed by others pretty well. This one is a mistake in my book too but i guess flimsy language of the criteria itself can be an excuse.

It comes with the territory of asking a certain kind of question. E.G. this very round: how do you prove a negative? We make the conscious decision to have such criteria to mix it up rather than repeat the same number of goals, red cards, played for opposite sides in a final, etc. to death. It's a fifth sheep draft, would get boring and repetitive if we always go for the same formulas.

Ronaldo: it's an absolutely unique grey area between same squad and playing together in the same game. It's "only played for the same side in one game, just happened not to be on the pitch at the same time". You don't design for that, it's what you call an outlier/exceptional case. EAP asked and GS ruled OK. If any of you had asked it might have been you. Lesson: ASK.

Lizarazu: we asked for any link simply because webpages can be outdated. I've seen several married players portrayed as dating and their wives as girlfriends (or partners when they have kids but aren't married). Why? The news item is probably from before getting married. I can't hold it against a manager if he finds a reference that they are married and goes with that as validation. I sure don't suspect foul play as if I enter "Lizarazu wife" on Google my fourth hit says "Bixente Lizarazu and his wife...". I'd stop there and move on. If any of you saw that you could have asked or highlighted it. In fact, one manager did warn us another Frenchman was NOT married as he had seen different accounts. It's joint policing basically, we are not going to scour the gossip pages to find if X is on the market or not.

This round: as mentioned, some players may have been called up and unused on the bench in some random friendly or qualifier without anyone noticing or having a simple/watertight way to check it. The obvious checks will be made, but there may well be cases that slip through, e.g. ADS is known to have switched sides and play for Barca in a friendly, others probably have and we won't have a clue about it, nor can we expect managers to unless alerted.

Again, self-policing. If you spot something that looks like a grey area don't wait until the end to cry wolf, just bring it up so we either rule on it or keep it in mind. If we PASS someone that's that, particularly when Tuppet passed in T2 and would have been entitled to a third attempt.

SUBMISSION REQUEST

Please copy the squads for the teams either side of you, it's a pain in the arse to go back and forth looking for that every time each of you posts and we have no idea what the context is.

The Alternative Sheep Draft table (as of Round 9)

11 Points
2mufc0

14 Points
Pat_Mustard

15 Points
Lord SInister/Charly

16 Points
mazhar13
Invictus/Ecstatic
P-Nut0712
prath92/KM

17 Points
idmanager
Indnyc/crappy

18 Points
Edgar Allan Pillow
Gio
Skizzo

20 Points
Enigma
oneniltothearsenal/shrike

21 Points
harms

23 Points
Tuppet

Nobody dared ask yet, but it goes without saying testimonials, charity games, FIFA All Stars and whatnot is out of scope.

Club or country.

It comes with the territory of asking a certain kind of question. E.G. this very round: how do you prove a negative? We make the conscious decision to have such criteria to mix it up rather than repeat the same number of goals, red cards, played for opposite sides in a final, etc. to death. It's a fifth sheep draft, would get boring and repetitive if we always go for the same formulas.

Ronaldo: it's an absolutely unique grey area between same squad and playing together in the same game. It's "only played for the same side in one game, just happened not to be on the pitch at the same time". You don't design for that, it's what you call an outlier/exceptional case. EAP asked and GS ruled OK. If any of you had asked it might have been you. Lesson: ASK.

Lizarazu: we asked for any link simply because webpages can be outdated. I've seen several married players portrayed as dating and their wives as girlfriends (or partners when they have kids but aren't married). Why? The news item is probably from before getting married. I can't hold it against a manager if he finds a reference that they are married and goes with that as validation. I sure don't suspect foul play as if I enter "Lizarazu wife" on Google my fourth hit says "Bixente Lizarazu and his wife...". I'd stop there and move on. If any of you saw that you could have asked or highlighted it. In fact, one manager did warn us another Frenchman was NOT married as he had seen different accounts. It's joint policing basically, we are not going to scour the gossip pages to find if X is on the market or not.

This round: as mentioned, some players may have been called up and unused on the bench in some random friendly or qualifier without anyone noticing or having a simple/watertight way to check it. The obvious checks will be made, but there may well be cases that slip through, e.g. ADS is known to have switched sides and play for Barca in a friendly, others probably have and we won't have a clue about it, nor can we expect managers to unless alerted.

Again, self-policing. If you spot something that looks like a grey area don't wait until the end to cry wolf, just bring it up so we either rule on it or keep it in mind. If we PASS someone that's that, particularly when Tuppet passed in T2 and would have been entitled to a third attempt.
Yawn

Mods said contradictory things in Ronaldo case in the thread and PM. If you and GS are judging by different criteria that is your problem not ours. Asking people to double confirm invalid players in PMs when you have clarified something as a rule is bizarre. How about just accepting you guys fecked up and stop posting shit to defend it. Grow up.

Coming to last round, I specifically posted Lizarazu GF pic and asked if long term GF count, pretty much giving you evidence that he is not married. GS gave an answer to that which did not specifically address that case but did answer the Q so it’s fine. But to say you are not going to double check if someone has submitted a link which gives out wrong info is bogus. By your criteria I could create a webpage and post wrong info on it and you would be obliged to accept it. Non sense.

This is my last reply on the subject, so you can post your long winded excuse for the feckups in peace.

Mods said contradictory things in Ronaldo case in the thread and PM. If you and GS are judging by different criteria that is your problem not ours.

It wasn't clear cut at all.

I would have erred on the side of caution (pick someone else) but wasn't around and both mods who were around agreed playing in the same game was fine. Deal with it.

Coming to last round, I specifically posted Lizarazu GF pic and asked if long term GF count, pretty much giving you evidence that he is not married. GS gave an answer to that which did not specifically address that case but did answer the Q so it’s fine.

You posted a link which I'm sure that, like me, GS didn't pay any attention to as the query ("does long term girlfriend count?") had a clear answer. Only now that you mention it I notice it was even about Lizarazu.

But to say you are not going to double check if someone has submitted a link which gives out wrong info is bogus. By your criteria I could create a webpage and post wrong info on it and you would be obliged to accept it. Non sense.

You would create an entire news website and invest on it showing 4th in my google search? Wow, you take this far too seriously.

Yawn

Mods said contradictory things in Ronaldo case in the thread and PM. If you and GS are judging by different criteria that is your problem not ours. Asking people to double confirm invalid players in PMs when you have clarified something as a rule is bizarre. How about just accepting you guys fecked up and stop posting shit to defend it. Grow up.

Coming to last round, I specifically posted Lizarazu GF pic and asked if long term GF count, pretty much giving you evidence that he is not married. GS gave an answer to that which did not specifically address that case but did answer the Q so it’s fine. But to say you are not going to double check if someone has submitted a link which gives out wrong info is bogus. By your criteria I could create a webpage and post wrong info on it and you would be obliged to accept it. Non sense.

This is my last reply on the subject, so you can post your long winded excuse for the feckups in peace.

If I was less high and a better laywer, this is how I would post as well. Good post.

It wasn't clear cut at all.

I would have erred on the side of caution (pick someone else) but wasn't around and both mods who were around agreed playing in the same game was fine. Deal with it.

You posted a link which I'm sure that, like me, GS didn't pay any attention to as the query ("does long term girlfriend count?") had a clear answer. Only now that you mention it I notice it was even about Lizarazu.

You would create an entire news website and invest on it showing 4th in my google search? Wow, you take this far too seriously.

To be fair If u know what to do, takes 15 mins max

Yawn

Tbf The criteria also includes former wives so it’s likely that a player who is now unmarried was at one point of time married.

Curious what picture of Martina Rummenigge passed the mods Hot or Not test?

Curious what picture of Martina Rummenigge passed the mods Hot or Not test?

Seconded (in PM if we must)

We are not doing this. You will all have noticed first hand our tastes vary significantly across the committee. The trick was to please all three and it could be different things in different pictures. Different "hot" flags across ages too.

Tbf The criteria also includes former wives so it’s likely that a player who is now unmarried was at one point of time married.
I know but Lizarazu is not married (yet) to the woman on picture submitted. His ex spouse is someone else. We, ourselves, submitted pics of ex wives for certain players.

We close to a result yet?