The F1 Thread 2011 Season

10th pole of the season :lol:

The RB7 will do down in history as one of the best cars ever. Someone said the other day about Vettel's poles and how he only gets pole because he is in the best car and Senna was better...

Now I don't think Vettel is anywhere near Senna's level but how many of Senna's poles where in McLaren's that were so much better than the rest it was laughable.

Done in the past = automatically far better.

Yeah I think your right. People forget stuff like that, McLaren once won 15 out of 16 races, imagine what the forums would have looked like back then.

fecking Senna, boring now.....

Prost will be better in the race.

Yeah but he's shit in quali, they should get a better driver in like Mansell.

5 years later....Mansell doesn't fit into the McLaren because he is too fat.

:lol: it'd be great to have had forums around then, imagine if you could dig up old threads from those times

Yeah I think your right. People forget stuff like that, McLaren once won 15 out of 16 races, imagine what the forums would have looked like back then.

fecking Senna, boring now.....

Prost will be better in the race.

Yeah but he's shit in quali, they should get a better driver in like Mansell.

5 years later....Mansell doesn't fit into the McLaren because he is too fat.

:lol::lol:

Senna would be an absolute hate figure. He would be absolutely despised. And with some of his behaviour, it would be easy to understand why.

Oh and Adelaide 94 would have been incredible

Oh man Adelaide would have blown the roof off, as would 1997 Jerez.

So my prediction for the race then

1. Button - the man is in flying form can't seem to do anything wrong at the moment
2. Vettel - he is bound to be on the podium either way
3. Hamilton - after a poor outing at spa he will be determined to get back on the podium

Apparently Seb's gear ratio's might leave him a bit exposed on the DRS this afternoon, should be interesting to watch.

If what people were saying about the long fuel runs is true and he maintains the lead through turns 1&2 then I don't think anyone will get close enough to him to use DRS.

If what people were saying about the long fuel runs is true and he maintains the lead through turns 1&2 then I don't think anyone will get close enough to him to use DRS.

But Monza has huge straights, so i think over time people will easily get close to him. He was hitting the rev limiter with about 500m before the parabolica corner, all he'll have is quicker acceleration out of the corners, which in Monza isn't that great for a race set up.

Also some interesting mod's on the RB7 this weekend, apparently using a similar octopus design exhaust which McLaren were trying to use before the season started. Would explain why they have been competitive at Monza.

So my prediction for the race then

1. Button - the man is in flying form can't seem to do anything wrong at the moment
2. Vettel - he is bound to be on the podium either way
3. Hamilton - after a poor outing at spa he will be determined to get back on the podium

1 Alonso
2 Vettel
3 Hamilton

But Monza has huge straights, so i think over time people will easily get close to him. He was hitting the rev limiter with about 500m before the parabolica corner, all he'll have is quicker acceleration out of the corners, which in Monza isn't that great for a race set up.

He'd have had DRS open then though, which he won't have in the race. It was discussed during FP and quali that you either compromise quali slightly or compromise the race with the way you set up. He's not going to hit the limiter in normal conditions and if the speculation of the RB's being upto a second a lap quicker on full fuel is anywhere close to true nobody will be getting within a second of him to be able to use it.

That said, DRS is so shit it wouldn't surprise me if it ruined things.

Mate its the truth, if I was in that crowd I would be like "seriously mate don't bother I don't want you ruining my stuff by signing it I'm waiting for someone who can actually drive to walk by, now move along"

I do feel sorry for smedley though he seems to be a good race engineer but it must be frustrating being stuck with a halfwit driver, oh and Mckenzie looking as fine as ever today :drool:

He'd have had DRS open then though, which he won't have in the race. It was discussed during FP and quali that you either compromise quali slightly or compromise the race with the way you set up. He's not going to hit the limiter in normal conditions and if the speculation of the RB's being upto a second a lap quicker on full fuel is anywhere close to true nobody will be getting within a second of him to be able to use it.

That said, DRS is so shit it wouldn't surprise me if it ruined things.

If it is a second/lap quicker, we better hope someone jumps him at the start

Well that's Vettel's easy afternoon plan put to shit. An unreal start from Alonso, he has some serious traction and speed into the first chicane.