The F1 Thread 2011 Season

anyone know on average how quick these tickets sell generally? i mean does it take long for the sunday to sell out?

anyone know on average how quick these tickets sell generally? i mean does it take long for the sunday to sell out?

No idea but the earlier you book the more choice and better seats you will get. I think your OK waiting as long as you like for the rest of this year though.

I like Webber, he speaks his mind and he has been good for F1. But he just isn't a top end driver and its a shame we won't get to see how good Vettel is for atleast another season.

No idea but the earlier you book the more choice and better seats you will get. I think your OK waiting as long as you like for the rest of this year though.

I like Webber, he speaks his mind and he has been good for F1. But he just isn't a top end driver and its a shame we won't get to see how good Vettel is for atleast another season.

cheers man, just had a quick chat with the parents about it and they have this christmas fund through my dads work which they get in november so i assume then it should be okay to hold off until then? there should be still decent selection in november i hope for tickets

change of plans now, the old man has decided to go to the monaco grand prix instead, we just had a look at prices and he is really up for it now! he said that the lads in work have done it before, they stay in Nice and then head up to the grand prix by coach. any suggestions from peeps who have been to monaco on where is best to look at the race from? we have already decided that we are going to go to rocher (the standing area on the hill) on race day as thats the only ticket we can afford on the day. On Thursday practice we are able to afford any stand so have been mainly looking at tabac or the stand overlooking swimming pool and rascasse. on the saturday the selection is a bit more limited unfortunatly for us. again either tabac or portier just at the entrance to the tunnel. any suggestions?

PM Marching, he went this year so he'll be able to point you in the right direction..... you bastard!

PM Marching, he went this year so he'll be able to point you in the right direction..... you bastard!

thanks nick

:lol: i was not expecting it at all i had suggested silverstone purely for his convenience and i never thought he would go for monaco but he is actually up for monaco a lot more than silverstone which has surprised me as he is not a huge F1 fan

I think even people who have zero interest in the sport would love to go to Monaco, to be honest. I'd absolutely love it, going to Monza was one of the best things I've done it was amazing. I really want to get to another GP, dunno when it'll happen though unfortunately.

I had it in my head that Monza was this weekend. FML. :(

i made the same mistake so to make up for my disappointment i am watching the canadian GP again today...

I have it recorded. :drool:

I stayed and watched it right to the end through the red flags, was almost late for football.

i have it downloaded, going to watch it all the way through today

well i enjoyed that earlier but i remember something i wanted to ask, why has senna replaced hiedfeld at renault? was there a reason given for this, i know that hiedfeld wanted to speak to his legal advisors about it:confused:

They still can't get the American thing right can they? They obviously will re-arrange that because if they don't its incredibly foolish and in fact quite arrogant.

In wake of Red Bull/Spa tyre controversy, Pirelli's 3-degree camber-limit recommendation will be enforced as a rule by FIA at Italian GP

Not sure I agree with this , the teams know the problems if they go over the 3 degrees and it should be up to them to decided of they want to exceed it

In wake of Red Bull/Spa tyre controversy, Pirelli's 3-degree camber-limit recommendation will be enforced as a rule by FIA at Italian GP

Not sure I agree with this , the teams know the problems if they go over the 3 degrees and it should be up to them to decided of they want to exceed it

Well on the flipside to that argument Red Bull went over the limit Pirelli set and then moaned about the tyre not being safe.

According to Newey the Pirelli advisers told them something along the lines of "we can't tell when, it could be 1 lap or it could be 5, but the tyres will fail".

Both Vettel and Webber showed some serious fecking balls to put the hammer down like they did with that over their heads. Bloody stupid from Red Bull to exceed the camber suggestion though.

I'm a little sceptical about the race this weekend, which is annoying me because I absolutely love Monza, but I think DRS is going to ruin it.

Here we go then, good old quali coming up and we know what happens here by now, everyone goes out drives around for a bit and then Sebastian vettel is fastest

Here we go then, good old quali coming up and we know what happens here by now, everyone goes out drives around for a bit and then Sebastian vettel is fastest

If the FP times are genuinely representative and he does do that then it's a big step on for Red Bull at a track they don't normall go well at.

Maldonado the big cnut has lost his front wing somewhere

Oh eddie Jordan having a bit of a hissy fit there about the bottom teams, he does make a point though