The F1 Thread 2011 Season

Webber isn't a racing driver anymore, his lack of even bothering to threaten into the first corner is embarassing. Why wouldn't he race? WDC done, WCC done, fecking race Mark!

And I can't wait to see Massa's reaction after the race.

watching that again , I agree with Eddie , Massa knew Hamilton was there

Absolutely, he knew and he did not give a feck. I think what Hamilton just said about it tells the story, something along the lines of "he wasn't going to leave me space so I tried to back out of it". Massa does it a hell of a lot and its high time he got a penalty for it.

Massa is just an average driver in a top team, a lot like Webber.

Absolutely, he knew and he did not give a feck. I think what Hamilton just said about it tells the story, something along the lines of "he wasn't going to leave me space so I tried to back out of it". Massa does it a hell of a lot and its high time he got a penalty for it.

Massa is just an average driver in a top team, a lot like Webber.

Why is Webber such a wuss , I think he is a fantastic driver on his day , but he does not have many of them.
He has the same car has Vettel but he can't get the same out of it.

Part of it is Webber's fault, much like Hamilton it seems the tyre change has really hampered them some and they haven't adapted as quickly as the rest.

Part of it is Red Bull's fault, its clear for most to see that he is a clear 2nd driver and its probably fecked with Webber's head. I remember reading much the same from Coulthard when he was at McLaren with Mika, watching the key men fawn over your team mate will feck with your head. When you win a race and mock your team about it (Silverstone 2010) you know something ain't right.

Webber won't leave because he knows he is in the best car, you don't leave the best car because your lucky to have it even once in your F1 career let alone nearly 3 seasons.

Seb is of course a faster driver than Webber, little doubt about that but Webber isn't the real Webber anymore.

watching that again , I agree with Eddie , Massa knew Hamilton was there

You're agreeing with Eddie fecking Jordan??

Brundle said as much in the telecast that Hamilton is right in the blind spot of cars and isn't up far enough for Massa to see where he is. Given past indiscretions, massa isn't going to role over for Hamilton now is he. Hamilton knows this and still stuck his nose in there. Racing incident.

Massa is such a waste of space. As is Webber.

Ferrari need to get a young and hungry driver in there. Even someone like Di Resta would atleast challenge Alonso once in a while.

i was on night shift last night so have just finished watching this on iPlayer and all i need to say really is

Massa:lol::lol::lol::lol:

i know its late in the day but it has to be done...

You're agreeing with Eddie fecking Jordan??

Brundle said as much in the telecast that Hamilton is right in the blind spot of cars and isn't up far enough for Massa to see where he is. Given past indiscretions, massa isn't going to role over for Hamilton now is he. Hamilton knows this and still stuck his nose in there. Racing incident.

Yes does not happen often , but Massa knew Hamilton was there , you could see him move his head at lest twice, but I also think Racing incident and the drive though was harsh,
I think for next season , the stewards have to stop giving stupid penalty's out and do something about Q3.

Just came back from the GP, what a fantastic experience!

The race was boring as it looked like Vettel is gonna win from the beginning, it was great to see Schumi driving great and finishing in 5th.

Btw the whole stadium was jam packed, nearly 95,000 people there with people coming in from all parts of India. Brilliant, brilliant day.

Just came back from the GP, what a fantastic experience!

The race was boring as it looked like Vettel is gonna win from the beginning, it was great to see Schumi driving great and finishing in 5th.

Btw the whole stadium was jam packed, nearly 95,000 people there with people coming in from all parts of India. Brilliant, brilliant day.
Same here... which stand were you in?

I was in the main, exactly direct opposite the starting line

Oh, the entertainment and mystery. Who would have expected Vettel on pole? I'd be extremely surprised to see yet another procession with Vettel winning again. Very surprised indeed.

Called it! But then, anyone could call it these days.:(

Yes does not happen often , but Massa knew Hamilton was there , you could see him move his head at lest twice, but I also think Racing incident and the drive though was harsh,
I think for next season , the stewards have to stop giving stupid penalty's out and do something about Q3.

It could be that he couldn't see Hamilton in his blindspot

Helmet cameras would solve that query, as well as being brilliant for the viewer.

Are you listening, Jean? Do it!

They want to introduce helmet cams and they are already testing them, but I heard somewhere I think it might have been on the commentary for one of the FP sessions this weekend they want to have the technology to do it in HD now that its all upgraded.

But it would be stunning.

ABU DHABI (Reuters) - Kimi Raikkonen's possible Formula One comeback would liven up the post-race party scene as well as adding a sixth world champion to the starting grid, rivals agree.

The 2007 world champion, who quit Formula One to go rallying at the end of 2009 but remains hugely popular with the fans, has been linked to a seat next season at Williams although the team have made no public comment.

Raikkonen has confirmed to Finnish reporters that he has had talks while Williams shareholder Christian 'Toto' Wolff said this week that he was one of several options under consideration.

Some of the Finn's former rivals said at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix that they would welcome his return.

"I have no idea whether that is happening or not," said Team Lotus's Finnish driver Heikki Kovalainen.

"If Kimi decides to come back, I think the main difference for me will be that the parties after the races will be a little bit better."

Raikkonen, so often unforthcoming and monosyllabic in news conferences, had an off-track reputation as a party animal during his stint in Formula One with Sauber, McLaren and Ferrari.

Among other exploits, he once entered a powerboat race in a gorilla suit as 'James Hunt' and was also photographed asleep on a bench with an inflatable dolphin outside a Spanish nightclub.

"I had a few drinks and danced. Why not?" Raikkonen was quoted as saying afterwards.

Michael Schumacher, the seven-times world champion whose place at Ferrari was taken by the Finn at the end of 2006, enjoyed some memorable post-season parties with Raikkonen.

The German, who made his own comeback last year after three years out, was reluctant to offer any advice but could see potential for entertainment.

"I would be very happy to see him back. We have had some very good times and I look forward for some on track and off track occasions -- it will be good," he said.

Getting back into the groove after a couple of years away might not be too difficult, though.

"In the end, you think how much can you recall your potential. How much can you drive the car to its limit. That is the main concern that was answered right away at the first test," said the 42-year-old of his own case.

"It took me probably 15 laps to sort of get back and drive the car, not at its full limit but close and from then on it is just a matter of time. I am pretty sure with Kimi he is capable of doing so."

:lol: I hope he does come back.

i would love to see him come back but come into williams? i dunno, a team that is massively underachieving at the moment and the car seems to be getting worse if anything! cant believe we are near the end of another season though already.

Right quali then, I'm thinking

1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Button

Can't disagree with that to be honest. Not sure if that will translate to a Hamilton win mind

I don't think he will win wither tbh, I don't think he is in the right frame of mind at all, I think it will be vettel or button to win tomorrow, on another note barichello still without a seat for next year :(

Massa :lol:

Not in the top 4 all season, he needs to leave F1 tbh or move to a lower team, no point wasting that seat! Put di resta in there :drool:

Hamilton and massa will probably take each other out this weekend though anyway

The only positive thing I have ever heard about Abu dhabi is the facilities, according to every driver the entire flow of the track is wrong