The F1 Thread 2011 Season

Jesus, is Paul McCartney punchdrunk or something?

Alonso on Hamilton. Coming from a guy who knows a thing or two about racing and isn't one of Lewis' major fans it is a nice compliment.

Alonso had commented on Hamilton's disappointing 2011 season, saying that there were a number of factors that could have caused it but that he was still the driver he was most fearful of.

"Hamilton did not have a super season this year, who knows whether it was due to the Pirelli tyres or the fact that with blown diffusers now driving has changed," Alonso said. "On top of that, [Jenson] Button is having a great year. All of this concurred to give the impression that his season hasn't been so good.

"But let's consider India, when he took second place in qualifying. It's like soccer: if Real Madrid or Barcelona are not performing particularly well on a given season, that does not mean that they're not top league. In fact, at the next winter testing he [Hamilton] will be the only one I'll be watching closely. The other guys can win if they've got the best car; he's the one who's able to clinch a championship with a car that's not the best."

im predicting today will be

1. Vettel
2. Button
3. Alonso

at some point hamilton and massa will take each other out

:lol: but who will get the drive through?

To be fair I think Hamilton is in a bit of a groove here and could win it. As long as he doesn't do anything stupid in the first few turns he should be well clear of Massa and so unable to tangle with him. Unless of course Massa is so shit that Hamilton laps him. So yea maybe they'll collide after all.

:lol: but who will get the drive through?

To be fair I think Hamilton is in a bit of a groove here and could win it. As long as he doesn't do anything stupid in the first few turns he should be well clear of Massa and so unable to tangle with him. Unless of course Massa is so shit that Hamilton laps him. So yea maybe they'll collide after all.

Hamilton probably, thats how he will end up back down the track so close to Massa again. I think Hamilton of old is returning but i dont see him winning either here or in brazil especially given the fact that vettel wins almost everything and button is driving in the form of his life at the moment, he is driving better than he did in the 2009 season

the shirt is indeed shit but he has balls to wear them I must say

Feel a bit sorry for webber, last year was his best chance to win the WDC and I don't think he will ever come that close again

Hamilton on massa:lol:

"in terms of raw pace you shouldnt be anywhere near massa on the track"

"no, definitely not"

Hearing him talk about jenson though it's clear what he is craving, he needs a support system around him to keep his head level

Feel a bit sorry for webber, last year was his best chance to win the WDC and I don't think he will ever come that close again

He's feeling sorry for himself and thats his biggest issue. All great drivers come back from dissapointment like that, he should have been super driven to win again this year. The Red Bull has an even bigger car advantage than last year and he is miles away from his team mate and usually behind either one McLaren or one Ferrari at most places.

I don't think the tyres helped him but he hasn't adapted at all, Red Bull should have stomped all over this season with multiple 1-2's.

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton: "I've not put myself in the right position this season. Jenson [Button] has and that's the way it goes. He's in a much better place than me. If you look at him, he has his dad, who doesn't get involved in his racing business, there all the time. He's got his manager there, his best friends and his girlfriend. He's in a much happier place than me. You've got to enjoy it with your family - the people you love and the people who got you there. Sometimes it doesn't always work like that. I'm certain that in future, things will work out. And when they do I'll be in the same position mentally as Jenson. I know that when I get it sorted I'll be there fighting."

Awwwwwwwwwwwww :(

Drs detection zones extended by 75 metres overnight , they are trying hard to improve overtaking here

Great first lap but button has to pass the Ferrari, he is way to fast to get stuck behind him

I can't remember the last time someone got a puncture on the first corner without contact with another car, if its ever happened.