The F1 Thread 2011 Season

Here we go.

Vettel
Alonso
Button

After Hamilton's penalty, I expect him to finish second fastest.

Anyone still watching? What did Hamilton say the interviewer was smiling about, I wasn't listening?

Anyone still watching? What did Hamilton say the interviewer was smiling about, I wasn't listening?

The interviewer said something along the lines of "2nd today but of course your penalty moves you back to 5th".

The interviewer being none other than James Allen.

Hmm, seems odd that Allen would be happy about that, which is clearly what Hamilton was suggesting. Allen has always seemed like a massive Hamilton fan.

Yeah Allen isn't a bad journo, I think its probably a case of Allen smiling in a "here we are again" way and Hamilton taking as a "haha you little wanker" way.

Hamilton's attitude is just off and you get the feeling he just wants the season to end. Next year will be interesting when his contract talks are up, you can say the girlfriend split and car performance has put him on a downer but I'm not sure he is 100% happy with McLaren either.

First season being beaten by his teammate will put him on a downer. I've heard a few people say he could move but I don't know, I just don't see it. He needs to ditch Fuller and get a real racing manager though I know that.

Yeah Allen isn't a bad journo, I think its probably a case of Allen smiling in a "here we are again" way and Hamilton taking as a "haha you little wanker" way.

Hamilton's attitude is just off and you get the feeling he just wants the season to end. Next year will be interesting when his contract talks are up, you can say the girlfriend split and car performance has put him on a downer but I'm not sure he is 100% happy with McLaren either.

I have said that before , I have also said that he could move teams but I dont think that will happen now.
There is only Red Bull and McLaren with a car to challenge for the title and there is no ride at Red Bull.
That maybe could change after next season , a Vettel / Hamilton Red Bull team would be interesting.

Sparky wouldn't know what to do.

meh im a JB fan, let hamilton and vettel have a red bull love in which would no doubt end up in both drivers attempting to kill each other, it could be a replica of the prost and senna rivalry

Oh, the entertainment and mystery. Who would have expected Vettel on pole? I'd be extremely surprised to see yet another procession with Vettel winning again. Very surprised indeed.

Webber won't put a move on Vettel on the first Lap, our only hope is Alonso getting a flier.

If Vettel is 1st at the end of lap 2 and clear of the DRS then we won't see a race for 1st again, it will be a case of who comes second and what sort of penalty will Hamilton pick up.

He has absolutely nobody else to blame but himself for this years issues so I don't see how he can be mad at anybody else. Toys coming out of the pram? Doesn't have Uncle Ron Ron there to protect him this time like he did with Alonso.

Webber won't put a move on Vettel on the first Lap, our only hope is Alonso getting a flier.

If Vettel is 1st at the end of lap 2 and clear of the DRS then we won't see a race for 1st again, it will be a case of who comes second and what sort of penalty will Hamilton pick up.

:lol:

I dunno about the race though, Ferrari have had much better race pace than quali speed recently, I wouldn't rule out an Alonso fight for it.

It will be Vettel start to finish , cant see Webber pushing him for the first corner.
Starting to warm to Vettel a bit , yes on the track he is an arse , but from what I have seen off track , he seems pleasant and easy going.