The F1 Thread 2011 Season

Going to the F1 race this sunday :D

Hmm, that NJ circuit actually looks pretty good. The long run to the final left/right before the pit straight is reminiscent of the end of the Australia lap, or looks it from above anyway. There looks to be a few opportunities for overtaking, too, which is good. Very interesting, I look forward to seeing the F1 cars flying around there.

Have we seen the proposed 'track' layout?

If they stick to this, it's gonna be a fast track.

tilke-map.jpg

Looks like DRS central

I've got 8500 ones which aren't that bad either.

The 4000 ones are right besides 8500 ones. Did you buy it online ?

K0RvL.png

Yours is near the corner brown dot....i'll be buying tickets to class stand 1 east. Apparently from there you can even see the start and finish.

Just so you know they also want 1500 more for parking.

The 4000 ones are right besides 8500 ones. Did you buy it online ?

K0RvL.png

Yours is near the corner brown dot....i'll be buying tickets to class stand 1 east. Apparently from there you can even see the start and finish.

Just so you know they also want 1500 more for parking.

Nope, my cousin has a flat in Jaypee Greater Noida, apparently he is getting 2 free tickets due to it. Yeah, the parking are a bummer. I wish I could've booked the parking on bookmyshow, but now looks like it's full.

Indian GP then, the track looks interesting with its elevation changes and what not.

The circuit isn't in perfect condition but then they have done well to build it in time really, you expect it to be a bit rough around the edges at this point. Shame that a select few won't let anyone criticise it without crying "racist!", not saying anyone with a real opinion is saying it, just a few of the message boards.

I'm glad to see F1 in India, I think this could be a decent race.

just watching FP 2 on iplayer, very very dusty offline, plenty of cars taking a spin off the circuit. apparently there is no grass they have just spray painted the dust green to make it look like grass.

just watching FP 2 on iplayer, very very dusty offline, plenty of cars taking a spin off the circuit. apparently there is no grass they have just spray painted the dust green to make it look like grass.

h54u.jpg

As far as dust is concerned...it cannot be removed completely. It would be like moaning over dust in the bahrain gp.

is this picture meant to show me grass? because there is of course grass there (initially the commentators said there was no grass but that was clearly not the case) but apparently there is also dust as well at some of the turns that have been spray painted green i wasnt moaning just making an observation

Just watched FP1 on iplayer and when the 2 yellows were being waved there was also a green light ,giving the all clear.
How can they give a penalty when they have contradicting yellow flags and green all clear at the same time.

Hamilton went into the Stewards office and held his hands up, said he was in the wrong and accepted whatever penalty they saw fit. He's also said he's the only person to blame and he was using DRS when there were double yellows. So clearly he knows he screwed up.

you said dust was being painted green.

make up your mind ;)

It was both, some of the turns where there is dust have been painted green and the grass has also been painted green, when algersuari (spelling?) went off on the "grass" in P1 it was just dust, I like the circuit though I must say should be a good race on Sunday

Hamilton went into the Stewards office and held his hands up, said he was in the wrong and accepted whatever penalty they saw fit. He's also said he's the only person to blame and he was using DRS when there were double yellows. So clearly he knows he screwed up.

I dont doubt that he held his hands up , I just think it was a bit harsh , given that there was 2 yellows and a green showing.

The track was clear, the electronic boards were green but the old style marshals still showed the yellows. It's harsh and its a slap on the wrist but Hamilton has had so many this season they probably felt like they needed to do something more.

I don't think he cares in honesty, he knows its a nightmare season anyway.

The track was clear, the electronic boards were green but the old style marshals still showed the yellows. It's harsh and its a slap on the wrist but Hamilton has had so many this season they probably felt like they needed to do something more.

I don't think he cares in honesty, he knows its a nightmare season anyway.

Yeah maybe your right.
Not seen it happen before, that a green light is on but still marshals are waving yellow flags.
I hope it does not happen, when it is important and the penalty could mean something.

The dust is a bit ridiculous but the track is a good layout. If the dust issue is resolved in future seasons this should be a good race.

What ever happened to the idea of helmet cameras? I remember DC trialed it in his last race and it looked awesome for the whole two or three turns of the race he completed, I don't get why they've not brought them in.