The F1 Thread 2011 Season

fecking hell what a start, and massa proving he can actually do something useful at at long last

Alonso behind massa, if massa yields again i will no respect for him at all

Oh fecking hell what happened to petrov there??

I love how there are about 20 marshalls running around out there, dunno what it is but watching the marshalls in Japan and Korea running around just makes me laugh.

Anyway button on super softs and webber on softs will make it interesting at the restart

Webber and Hamilton through the middle sector was awesome!! Great racing there!!

Fernando Alonso has been driving the pants off that Ferrari the last few races....been impressed with him this season, the car is obviously not good enough...but he has kept on working hard to get the most out of it.

I give up! I give up!

So do I Fernando, I can't wait for this season to end.

Tyre management is getting on my tits a bit now, the racing was great in that last stint when they had the tyre to actually race each other.

Worth watching? I was actually up at a "cult classic film night" from 10pm to 10am, and was considering finding somewhere to try watch it, but I got dragged to ""Whatever happened to Baby Jane?" instead? Not sure whether that was a good thing if it was a Vettel romp or not

Worth watching? I was actually up at a "cult classic film night" from 10pm to 10am, and was considering finding somewhere to try watch it, but I got dragged to ""Whatever happened to Baby Jane?" instead? Not sure whether that was a good thing if it was a Vettel romp or not

It was a good race. Vettel was in front from about the second half of lap 1 for most of the time.
Hamilton and Webber had a good battle for second.
It is worth a watch of the highlights.

I might get tickets for the next race. Any Indian going for this ?

Not sure how accurate this is:

Formula 1 is poised to confirm a second race in the USA.

The Wall Street Journal reports a press conference will be held on Tuesday is expected to announce plans for a race in New Jersey beginning in 2013.

This would be the second American round of the championship alongside the Austin Grand Prix, which will take place for the first time next year.

New Jersey Grand Prix expected to be announced on Tuesday | F1 Fanatic – The Formula 1 Blog

So all of a sudden America will get two GP's? How will they market that one then.

Of course they have had 2 races in the same country for years, they just hide them under the banner of European GP like they do Valencia and used to at Donny Park. I'm not sure how they will do that for the American GP's.

Street tracks are always interesting though.

I think its Bernie being Bernie and just wanting a race in New York. For what its worth I think the race in Texas is gonna be underwhelming, due to location, and for some reason I think that it will be reasonably short lived. Just a hunch. Not sure how many more races its possible to squeeze into a season though

Not sure how accurate this is:

Formula 1 is poised to confirm a second race in the USA.

The Wall Street Journal reports a press conference will be held on Tuesday is expected to announce plans for a race in New Jersey beginning in 2013.

This would be the second American round of the championship alongside the Austin Grand Prix, which will take place for the first time next year.

New Jersey Grand Prix expected to be announced on Tuesday | F1 Fanatic – The Formula 1 Blog

Feck this man. Cape Town's been applying for a long time now. They should host a race here. That way I get to see a F1 race live once a year :D

The New Jersey GP of 2013 was confirmed yesterday, if anyone is interested.

West New York attorney Joe DeMarco said:
It will provide a very challenging course.

They compare it to Spa in Belgium but it will have the feel of Monaco.

:lol: should be epic then!

Have we seen the proposed 'track' layout?

If they stick to this, it's gonna be a fast track.

tilke-map.jpg