The F1 Thread 2011 Season

delighted with that:D

how long is this 'multi deal' for though :confused:

He could probably do the last 1/4 of the race on three wheels and still finish in the points, which will be enough :p

He's crashed in FP a few times I think, that's the time to find the limits.

Can anybody explain what the perceived advantage of leaving it so late to go out in Q3 is?

Quali needs to change, it's getting silly with 9/10th never bothering with q3. Thousands of Kobiashi fans there, cheering him on in Q2, only to not see him again. Ridiculous.

Can anybody explain what the perceived advantage of leaving it so late to go out in Q3 is?

Quali needs to change, it's getting silly with 9/10th never bothering with q3. Thousands of Kobiashi fans there, cheering him on in Q2, only to not see him again. Ridiculous.

Those that don't see themselves of having any chance of getting high up the list don't want to waste tyres, it's as simple as that.

The last man to set a time usually gets the best track conditions, the track gets better as more rubber goes down. It doesn't always work out like that of course but thats why they do it.

Yeah closer than I thought, looks like McLaren have made a step but hopefully thats in an area other than the EBD else it won't carry over to next season anyway. If Button or Hamilton don't make a move on Vettel tomorrow then they might as well pack it all in now, he's likely to jump out of the way given all he needs is a finish.

Overslept in the end so just watched the rerun on BBC, quite glad I didn't bother getting up to be honest after that Q3 with so little running.

Brilliant lap from Seb to take it by 0.009! What the hell happened to Hamilton not making it round in time to set a final fast lap? Very strange. Tomorrow should be interesting, I suspect one or both of the McLarens will get past him.

Those that don't see themselves of having any chance of getting high up the list don't want to waste tyres, it's as simple as that.

No, I get that bit, that's just something that needs addressing in the format / rules.

What I was asking about is why the big boys feel the need to cut it so fine, running the risk of missing out on their lap (and using a set of tyres in the process, if not aggressively!)?

k99j00.jpg

That qualifying was so painful to watch, was awful. No one seems bothered in the final session. They better get rid of the pirelli tires, it's ruining F1 by playing too much of a part in it.

Pirelli have been fantastic for F1, they have shaken it up and actually risked their reputation by creating tyres that actually degrade.

PQAAANJwh_XoDmK2jvqD54KsYtEZh9LUT7KA-rc1P6RXRET5TkvEIqiP6-mj67PfZUNu9UZ5H2nryKHBTzC1zrdAIRwAm1T1UMmmlgdOb39VVjKsxGZm20L08JcU.jpg

Bloody brilliant photograph of the incident at the end of Q3 with Hamilton, Webber and Schumacher all coming into that final chicane.

nothing wrong with the rubber that Pirelli produced it does exactly what FIA wanted.
Q3 has become a farce , but how to stop that I have no idea.
This early start had better be worth it , just finished a night shift and I am knackered.

Sensation Vettel - 2011 World Champion

Smart drive today, Button was too fast for him so he played the percentage and brings it home third for the points.

Just watched it. If only McLaren had got their act together earlier in the year, the form JB is in would have meant a decent challenge at least. Oh well, congrats to Seba, hopefully somebody confiscates Newey's pencil before 2012

Wet but not the farcical race behind the safety car and delayed start hopefully.

Wet but not the farcical race behind the safety car and delayed start hopefully.

Last years start was just a joke , but wet with plenty of action and spin out would be good.
Shame that the winner is crowned already , but still plenty to go for from the other teams.
I wonder how many will have Vettel in there fantasy team next season.