The Biden Presidency

This could go in so many threads, but felt it appropriate here because Biden and Harris get so much shit although some of it is fair, the bits that aren't are mainly those saying they haven't done anything while in power. That's bollocks, they have done an awful lot it's just most of it goes under the radar as they don't shout and scream about it all the time.

This could go in so many threads, but felt it appropriate here because Biden and Harris get so much shit although some of it is fair, the bits that aren't are mainly those saying they haven't done anything while in power. That's bollocks, they have done an awful lot it's just most of it goes under the radar as they don't shout and scream about it all the time.

What does the office do ? I’ve had a look online and it seems mostly about promoting gun safety pr.

Harris said in a statement that the office would work to be "engaging and encouraging Congressional leaders, state and local leaders, and advocates to come together to build upon the meaningful progress that we have made."

What does the office do ? I’ve had a look online and it seems mostly about promoting gun safety pr.

It's a bit vague at the moment, but it's working closely with gun reform and gun safety groups alongside elected officials and police forces to help promote gun safety and gain support for gun regulation and extra safety measures. They also want to work closely with schools, Churches and other areas where mass shootings take place working hard in prevention methods and correct and swift actions to take in response to any that happen.

That's pretty much what I have ascertained from the two guys I've heard talking about it on a link in the thread of the Tweet I posted.

It's a bit vague at the moment, but it's working closely with gun reform and gun safety groups alongside elected officials and police forces to help promote gun safety and gain support for gun regulation and extra safety measures. They also want to work closely with schools, Churches and other areas where mass shootings take place working hard in prevention methods and correct and swift actions to take in response to any that happen.

That's pretty much what I have ascertained from the two guys I've heard talking about it on a link in the thread of the Tweet I posted.
Cheers. That’s sound better than what I first read.

wall-donald-trump.gif

I don't think it's right to post this. This is the kind of post that amplifies the poisonous "both-sides" logic that led to the rise of Trump and other populists. Certainly, we need to be strategic , and understand the compulsions when trying to re-elect the most progressive president of our lifetimes.

ps - the main effect of Elon twitter hasn't been witnessing the open racists - I don't go into the replies of big tweets enough for that - but an endless mind-numbing supply of "progressives", globe emojis, and Dem partisans on my "for you". I've seen 2 variations of what I just wrote on twitter in the past few hours, both attacking the Simpsons joke from the mid-90s about the Dems: "we hate ourselves and can't govern".

I don't think it's right to post this. This is the kind of post that amplifies the poisonous "both-sides" logic that led to the rise of Trump and other populists. Certainly, we need to be strategic , and understand the compulsions when trying to re-elect the most progressive president of our lifetimes.
:lol:

But but…the National Labor Relations Board!!!!

ps - the main effect of Elon twitter hasn't been witnessing the open racists - I don't go into the replies of big tweets enough for that - but an endless mind-numbing supply of "progressives", globe emojis, and Dem partisans on my "for you". I've seen 2 variations of what I just wrote on twitter in the past few hours, both attacking the Simpsons joke from the mid-90s about the Dems: "we hate ourselves and can't govern".
It must be odd for these people to spend their free time consuming progressive news and caring about things like house seats. Only to then find out they are less left wing than a bunch of Harvard educated 90’s comedy writers, who also got paid by Rupert Murdoch.

Seeing the reaction to Musk at the border with his shite cowboy doing the floss dance in front people in cages my brain couldn’t help but remind me of the progressives during the Trump years.

The difference between Republicans and Democrats really is the standard of their live streaming gaming setup.

Why should not be posting something that is really happening? Should the ugly stuff be brushed under the carpet?

Tbh the smarter, more effective enforcement uses is the Obama line about smart wars. Doesn’t mean the Biden administration is against building more of the border wall.

Also this doesn’t seem to answer the striping away of protections

Last edited:
Tbh the smarter, more effective enforcement uses is the Obama line about smart wars. Doesn’t mean the Biden administration is against building more of the border wall.

Also this doesn’t seem to answer the striping away of protections

The easiest answer is that the American security state, or just WH/Intel generally, wants the wall built. It could easily be stopped. Essentially no divergence between Trump and Biden on this. It's the American ruling faction(s)' preference. Simple. Much as certain foreign policy issues never change regardless of who occupies the WH.

Fact check: Biden makes false claims about the debt and deficit in jobs speech

During a Friday speech about the September jobs report, President Joe Biden delivered a rapid-fire series of three false or misleading claims – falsely saying that he has cut the debt, falsely crediting a tax policy that didn’t take effect until 2023 for improving the budget situation in 2021 and 2022, and misleadingly saying that he has presided over an “actual surplus.”

At a separate moment of the speech, Biden used outdated figures to boast of setting record lows in the unemployment rates for African Americans, Hispanics and people with disabilities. While the rates for these three groups hit record lows earlier in his presidency, he didn’t acknowledge that they have all since increased to non-record levels – and, in fact, are now higher than they were during parts of Donald Trump’s presidency.
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/06/...surplus-corporate-tax-unemployment/index.html

How many times now did Biden say something and the White House had to clarify or retract it? Whether the US would help Taiwan, now the remark about children beheadings that he had seen.

His mind is gone. He should be retiring.
I honestly think that if this was in the "normal times", when the GOP had "normal" only slightly fascistic candidates, he would have been a one term president. I think he believes, and he may not be wrong, that he is the only one who can defeat Trump. I do not think Harris could do it and, if the Dem's dropped her for someone else, they might alienate a decent chunk of their base.

I honestly think that if this was in the "normal times", when the GOP had "normal" only slightly fascistic candidates, he would have been a one term president. I think he believes, and he may not be wrong, that he is the only one who can defeat Trump. I do not think Harris could do it and, if the Dem's dropped her for someone else, they might alienate a decent chunk of their base.
Would they do? I haven't heard a single Dem voter speak of Harris in a big positive light. The last time was when she gave her acceptance speech talking about female empowerment etc (which was good imho). I guess one could argue her relative invisibility though may be a good thing (?). Imho Pence being Trump's straight up lap dog by pulling stunts like flying to the football game just to leave def did some damage Trump didn't already do himself I guess.

The only that can defeat trump? he looks like a liability to me. If Trump survives the trials, he will eat him alive in a debate, not in policy but bullying him

He is like a broken NPC in fallout. It’s incredible to watch.

it’s like when your trying to reach a word count in an essay so you say any old shit

except I’m not a senile old weirdo (yet)

The only that can defeat trump? he looks like a liability to me. If Trump survives the trials, he will eat him alive in a debate, not in policy but bullying him

Again, nobody but you think Trump is some kind of scary debater, or that debates even matters much in the first place.

President Joe Biden’s job approval rating among Democrats has tumbled 11 percentage points in the past month to 75%, the worst reading of his presidency from his own party. This drop has pushed his overall approval rating down four points to 37%, matching his personal low.

Although the survey is not designed to allow for statistically reliable estimates for any subset of the three-week polling period, the daily results strongly suggest that Democrats’ approval of Biden fell sharply in the aftermath of the Oct. 7 attacks by Hamas and Biden’s promise of full support for Israel on the same day. Biden’s current 75% approval rating among Democrats is well below the 86% average from his own party throughout his presidency.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/513305/democrats-ratings-biden-slip-overall-approval.aspx

President Joe Biden’s job approval rating among Democrats has tumbled 11 percentage points in the past month to 75%, the worst reading of his presidency from his own party. This drop has pushed his overall approval rating down four points to 37%, matching his personal low.

Although the survey is not designed to allow for statistically reliable estimates for any subset of the three-week polling period, the daily results strongly suggest that Democrats’ approval of Biden fell sharply in the aftermath of the Oct. 7 attacks by Hamas and Biden’s promise of full support for Israel on the same day. Biden’s current 75% approval rating among Democrats is well below the 86% average from his own party throughout his presidency.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/513305/democrats-ratings-biden-slip-overall-approval.aspx

Please put it in quotes or something, I thought you had used ChatGPT to write this post.

Again, nobody but you think Trump is some kind of scary debater, or that debates even matters much in the first place.

"Again"? Maybe i did but i dont recall i mention trump on debates in here. Might be wrong and you are keeping tabs. And no, he is not a good debater, he is just disruptive and annoying but those are the time that we live in. Showman times unsensible times where policy debates are less important and reality show image like are cheered on. And biden seems less and less capable to wisthand a presidential agenda let alome long debates with a bully like trump

And also debating is just a fraction why i think that biden might be the worst D candidate currently. He simply seems less and less capable due to age

This tired trope of Trump 'eating Biden alive in debates' is played. Sure, he did such v. Clinton, but in the one debate they had in 2020, that assertion didn't hold water.

Trump in a debate these days will always be a spectacle, but it will rarely be a W.

"Again"? Maybe i did but i dont recall i mention trump on debates in here. Might be wrong and you are keeping tabs. And no, he is not a good debater, he is just disruptive and annoying but those are the time that we live in. Showman times unsensible times where policy debates are less important and reality show image like are cheered on. And biden seems less and less capable to wisthand a presidential agenda let alome long debates with a bully like trump

And also debating is just a fraction why i think that biden might be the worst D candidate currently. He simply seems less and less capable due to age
Elaborate on Biden not being able to withstand a political agenda.