The Biden Presidency

i get there could be inflation but not to the point where gas prices have doubled, housing loan rates are almost double and grocery prices have jumped significantly as well. I don't think normal inflation would have had such a traumatic effect on the economy as we've seen in the past 12-15 months

Gas prices haven't doubled at all unless you're taking that completely unique 2-3 month period at the start of COVID when oil prices fell negative briefly as a baseline - which would be an error. That and food costs very much have to do with 1) obvious supply chain fallout from COVID-related issues and 2) Russia invading Ukraine. Nothing Biden could really do about either. Even inflation was almost entirely due to those two factors as well. It's just ignorance of global economics to blame any of that on Biden.

sorry but banning of books that talk about gender transformation in elementary and middle school...that doesn't belong and should be removed

ffs...they are kids, just let them be kids without trying to alter or warp their brains
ffs, if you think those are the only books that have been removed from shelves in school libraries you need to consume some different news.

Well, we did undergo the most severe economic crisis since the Great Recession which singlehandedly destroyed supply chains that directly contributed to higher food costs. Toss in astronomical fertilizer pricing & delays out of a war zone, food stuffs were always going to be hit hard. Then there was fun issues like avian flu skyrocketing eggs & chicken pricing.

Gas / oil prices are almost completely divorced from what a president does, the pricing mechanisms exist primarily outside the reach of the incumbent.

You do realize inflation peaked a few months back & is on a slow decline, yes?
It’s almost like the global economy isn’t dependent upon the whimsy of a single man.

No, that can’t be it!

ffs, if you think those are the only books that have been removed from shelves in school libraries you need to consume some different news.
Yep - try Googling the Utah school district that has banned the bible because of vulgar and violent content

no idea who that dude is....just thought the content of the video was a bit eye opening

TPUSA, all one needs to know that BJ is a clown charlatan. Probably some edited audio and video courtesy of Project Veritas or ilk.
Ah good ol veritas. Still remember the Pimp video hit piece on planned parenthood was funny even though it was obviously fake. I think they still make videos also.

Ah good ol veritas. Still remember the Pimp video hit piece on planned parenthood was funny even though it was obviously fake. I think they still make videos also.
James O’Keefe is no longer with them, the company is suing him.

I hate to agree with Piers Morgan, but he's absolutely right. This is almost a daily occurrence now, and with his frequent falls and slips as well, I do worry for him. I absolutely cannot see how he can manage another 4/5 years let alone how he will manage a campaign and election season while still carrying out his Presidential duties as well.

I hate to agree with Piers Morgan, but he's absolutely right. This is almost a daily occurrence now, and with his frequent falls and slips as well, I do worry for him. I absolutely cannot see how he can manage another 4/5 years let alone how he will manage a campaign and election season while still carrying out his Presidential duties as well.

Dude is plans to build a railroad all across the pacific ocean.

Honestly could see the potential of a Obama quote bot polling well with Democrats.

I really wish we d be better positioned. The extreme voices will run the gamut on the R side and only the (read: center right) moderates on the Dems will take that cake.

At the same time too much is made at times of the importance of POTUS by itself. The thing that made the Trump presidency so destructive and a cesspool of scandal upon scandal is because of who he appointed (i.e. at the VA, Dept of Energy, etc). It truly is ridiculous when you try to summarize everything that happened then. So many of those things should not have been so easily been forgotten.

Biden himself probably should not be in his position but as long as he has capable people running the different departments and agencies (or appointing decent judges for that matter)...

I'd argue the field of candidates as it stands right now is worse than it has ever been.

Last edited:
I remember, and I say this as someone far further to the left of Biden, criticising the fact that he's quite clearly struggling with old age and getting the response that its just a stutter he has struggled with since a young age.

A lot of people really did try to defend this stuff and it was always daft. I don't know what the solution is. I suppose it doesn't matter because he's going to be the nominee. He needs to be hidden away as much as possible but he can't use Covid as an excuse this time. I'm genuinely concerned.

I remember, and I say this as someone far further to the left of Biden, criticising the fact that he's quite clearly struggling with old age and getting the response that its just a stutter he has struggled with since a young age.

A lot of people really did try to defend this stuff and it was always daft. I don't know what the solution is. I suppose it doesn't matter because he's going to be the nominee. He needs to be hidden away as much as possible but he can't use Covid as an excuse this time. I'm genuinely concerned.
The stutter bit is true and probably does lead to some gaffes but it doesn't cover everything

The reality is that the Dems don't have a really viable alternative that can beat MAGA

Bannon was supposed to be in jail, but isn't, this makes me lose faith that Trump will ever go to jail, even if found guilty of something.
His trial is in November, after which he will likely be in jail given everyone else invovled pleaded guilty

His trial is in November, after which he will likely be in jail given everyone else invovled pleaded guilty

He was found guilty of something earlier too, but "somehow" didn't have to serve any jail time.

Bannon was supposed to be in jail, but isn't, this makes me lose faith that Trump will ever go to jail, even if found guilty of something.
He was sentenced to four months iirc. He’s slow rolling it through the appeals process.

e - this was for flaunting the J6 committee subpoena.

He was sentenced to four months iirc. He’s slow rolling it through the appeals process.

e - this was for flaunting the J6 committee subpoena.
So that's 2 jail sentences possibly coming up, the other one, iirc is the wall fraud case

Dude is plans to build a railroad all across the pacific ocean.

"We have plans to build a railroad from the Pacific all the way across the Indian Ocean," Biden said at the league’s June 14 dinner. "I’m going off script, I’m going to get in trouble."

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-bering-strait-proposal.475494/latest

Won't happen until/if war is settled one way or other, but Africa through India and Middle East can be done now. The war isn't lasting forever whatever happens so why not plan it. Counters, then joins with, the BRI. It's too common sense to not proceed with in terms of shipping and freight.