Tennis 2024

It's fun, but utterly meaningless and confected. Which is why I never quite get around to watching it.

The players seem to take it seriously, which is what mostly matters, producing many great matches year in year out.

Plus you get to see partnerships that you'll never see on the tour.

The players seem to take it seriously, which is what mostly matters, producing many great matches year in year out.

Plus you get to see partnerships that you'll never see on the tour.
They do, after a fashion. Some of it is quite knowing in my opinion, with the wraparound filming etc. and the massive pay cheque helps, too.

Ultimately, though, people playing individual sports quite often love playing in team events like this (see McIlroy crying 45 different times at every Ryder Cup). It’s a fun diversion.

The Laver Cup is probably the most underrated tournament...on the CAF at least. It always delivers, yet few seem to follow it.

Anyway, congrats. Team Europe for snatching the cup after some exciting matches over all three days.
It can be fun to watch but to me it's just a glorified exhibition and I don't really have an interest in watching exhibition tennis.

It's definitely the best exhibition tennis event out there, though I do find it a little annoying that they try to make it seem like it matters.

Far East season and then the finals in Turin (going there for one afternoon session, hopefully)!