Television Taskmaster | Series 18 starts tonight

Surprised not even 1 comment tonight, have people lost interest?

It's the first series for a while where I've really liked all of the contestants. A few of the tasks tonight were a bit shit though.
I never watch it live.

Enjoyed the live task and the task in the adverts was pretty good. Was disappointed there weren't any in the second or third ad breaks.

For those who missed:

I never watch it live.

Enjoyed the live task and the task in the adverts was pretty good. Was disappointed there weren't any in the second or third ad breaks.

For those who missed:

Oh I missed that, that's pretty good. Desiree only finding out who was the teacher at the end. :lol:

I never watch it live.

For those who missed:

:lol:
Do they do those often?

:lol:
Do they do those often?
One time only thing - think it was because it was the 100th episode.

Does make me think (especially following Alex being involved in the team task) that if possible it'd be awesome if they could get past contestants involved on the team of 2 in team tasks to make things fairer - if any past contestants are available and Al Murray seems like he's around all the time.

I like all the contestants but there there is no "stand out" contestant, like Wozniak in the previous series. I also think the tasks have been weaker and there has been less interesting lateral thinking. Not a terrible series for me so far, but bang average.

I think Victoria has been my favourite this series and the scene of her learning to ride a bicycle for the first time was the highlight of the season.

I'm surprised at some of the comments here, I thought it was a brilliant episode. One of the best ever maybe.

I agree. Alex trying desperately not to laugh whilst in the room with Desiree was a particular highlight. Also thought her exasperated "feck me in the face" after yet more waffle from Guz was hilarious - especially in contrast to Victoria and Alan.

Good episode I thought. Great prize task result, Victoria's for Alan. :lol:
Was hoping for someone to really go for it with the iron task, full on zip-line from the gates sort of thing.
Morgana figuring out the trick to the red chair task but then forgetting the actual task was brilliant. :lol:

The red chair task was a bit crap but I liked it otherwise.

Really solid set of contestants this series though. I like them all which is pretty rare. Don't think that's happened since season 7 maybe. It's a shame they had to film the studio bits during restrictions.

Morgana figuring out the trick to the red chair task but then forgetting the actual task was brilliant. :lol:
I thought Alan(?) had figured it out when he had kinda dragged the circles slightly at some point on the way to the tower but he carried on. Thought that task was a bit weak though but saved by the "there can't be a chair in that sweet" quote. Nonetheless, Victoria should have been disqualified for not actually getting the chair in.

The chemistry between all the contestants this series is great. VCM getting that voucher - and genuinely thinking Alan would love it - was amazing.

Live task was rubbish, and I guessed what it was from the first bit with the picking the pieces of paper and seeing the tub on the floor. My throwing is atrocious so would definitely have gone for as few sheets as possible.

I thought Alan(?) had figured it out when he had kinda dragged the circles slightly at some point on the way to the tower but he carried on. Thought that task was a bit weak though but saved by the "there can't be a chair in that sweet" quote. Nonetheless, Victoria should have been disqualified for not actually getting the chair in.

The chemistry between all the contestants this series is great. VCM getting that voucher - and genuinely thinking Alan would love it - was amazing.

Live task was rubbish, and I guessed what it was from the first bit with the picking the pieces of paper and seeing the tub on the floor. My throwing is atrocious so would definitely have gone for as few sheets as possible.
Yeah, I like this set of contestants and the way they fit together really enhances a series for me.

The chair task might have worked better with more things to remember increasing the chances of mistakes, it's always funny to see someone spend about 30 minutes doing something that should take about 2.

Watching episode 6.. Victoria's prize for Alan is hilarious..

I like all the contestants but there there is no "stand out" contestant, like Wozniak in the previous series. I also think the tasks have been weaker and there has been less interesting lateral thinking. Not a terrible series for me so far, but bang average.

Pretty poor series for me. Hardly any creative or clever ways to do the tasks, lots of the time they're all doing it in basically the same way.

Not entirely their fault either, for some reason they seem to have started adding more and more rules to each task. It makes it so much worse when they don't allow room for interpretation or bending the rules

Apparently the next season is already filming I wonder who will be on it.

I've heard names like Tom Davies and Harry Hill mentioned but they keep these things shrouded in secrecy.

I would love to see someone like David Mitchell or Richard Ayoade taking part in the show as they would constantly look for loopholes to wind Alex up

I've heard names like Tom Davies and Harry Hill mentioned but they keep these things shrouded in secrecy.
Not the most inspiring choices :(
Although they won't be the first contestants to prove me wrong on their entertainment value I guess.

Pretty poor series for me. Hardly any creative or clever ways to do the tasks, lots of the time they're all doing it in basically the same way.

Not entirely their fault either, for some reason they seem to have started adding more and more rules to each task. It makes it so much worse when they don't allow room for interpretation or bending the rules

I think NZ taskmaster has absolutely nailed new /inventive and funny tasks, think Alex should steal a few of there's.

I wonder if Bertie's opinion of Desiree has changed.
Yes and no.

I haven't 'changed my opinion' in terms of how I previously found on her on some other shows over the years - which is what I was basing my negative expectations on prior to this series of Taskmaster beginning. But, yeah, she's been a lot better on Taskmaster than I expected. And no louder than Morgana and Guz - who I was unaware of before this so didn't know what to expect from them.

I'm enjoying the series - especially Victoria, who I've long wanted to be on the show and who certainly isn't disappointing. :)

I like VCM but think it’s a wee bit forced sometimes. I think she knew where the chair was for quite a while, but figured it would be funny to do the whole act. I also refuse to believe that she wouldn’t know that that was a bad gift.

Funny, but she is very intelligent and I don’t think those situations were completely natural.

It’s been a very easy watch so far this season. Five likeable personalities, but I do think they are struggling for tasks. A bridge repeat, the balls in the house, Alex scoring a goal etc… seem a bit desperate.

Still very entertaining TV though and the fact that they put it out on YouTube almost immediately has been fantastic during quarantine.

VCM has been better than I expected but her and Alan are the weakest this season by far. Alan seems like he can't be arsed and he's above it all.

Guz is the best contestant this year.

Morgana has been the best for me, she always thinks outside the box straight off the bat, at least that's what it feels like in the edit.

Morgana has been the best for me, she always thinks outside the box straight off the bat, at least that's what it feels like in the edit.

I would agree with Morgana too. She always tries to be creative and she is always enthusiastic.

I think Alan Davies might just be too old for the show and the format.

I get the feeling Alan Davies has a few issues to be honest and you can see despite his attempts to hide it he is clearly annoyed whenever Greg makes fun of him being old

Alan just seems to be this series' Hugh Dennis or Jo Brand. The older contestant who, unsurprisingly, struggled with the physical tasks and is the butt of the joke with Greg because of it.

Victoria is also struggling with the physical tasks, but she's more competitive and eager to succeed than the three above. That's why I've been looking forward to her being on for so long - that mix of being clever and competitive, but physically incompetent, was always going to lead to her getting frustrated in an entertaining way.

Alan just seems to be this series' Hugh Dennis or Jo Brand. The older contestant who, unsurprisingly, struggled with the physical tasks and is the butt of the joke with Greg because of it.

Victoria is also struggling with the physical tasks, but she's more competitive and eager to succeed than the three above. That's why I've been looking forward to her being on for so long - that mix of being clever and competitive, but physically incompetent, was always going to lead to her getting frustrated in an entertaining way.
Hugh Dennis was brilliant! Way better than Alan or Jo Brand.

Exactly. Hugh Dennis was nothing like Alan Davies.

To me he looks like he can't be arsed with it. I always assume the contestants are aware of what the show is, but with him he seems like he wasn't. Does he do QI anymore?

Yeah, I enjoyed Hugh Dennis as well.

I was just including him as one of the older contestants who struggled with the physical tasks and was mercilessly mocked by Greg for it. But, yeah, from an entertainment point of view, I found his struggles great to watch and he was very dry in the studio.