Sverre Nypan

Hat-trick today. First 17 year old to score hat-trick in the norwegian league since... Haaland

Is this guy a better talent than Bergvall? Nypan looks class but it’s a slight irritation that we often seem to be missing out on the talents with the better physical gifts. Both players look class, Bergvall looks about 6’1 and more explosive though. We had Bergvall in our grasps, and were sadly too skint in January to find 10m euros for him.

Is this guy a better talent than Bergvall? Nypan looks class but it’s a slight irritation that we often seem to be missing out on the talents with the better physical gifts. Both players look class, Bergvall looks about 6’1 and more explosive though. We had Bergvall in our grasps, and were sadly too skint in January to find 10m euros for him.
I don’t know much about youth players, so I have to rely on Wiki for this, but Bergvall seemed to be on trial with us a number of years ago but didn’t make it. Maybe that’s why we didn’t want to spend serious money on him now?

Still don’t understand why we haven’t signed him. We even played against him this summer and he is a YUGEEEE United fan!

Reckon we might snap him up next summer along with Roony Bardghji, if he recovers well from that bad injury.

I don’t know much about youth players, so I have to rely on Wiki for this, but Bergvall seemed to be on trial with us a number of years ago but didn’t make it. Maybe that’s why we didn’t want to spend serious money on him now?

My understanding is that Brexit rules prevented us from doing the deal at the time. By many accounts, we, along with Barcelona, were interested before he went to Spurs, but we simply don’t seem to have the money to buy young talent like this in recent times. Obviously we have done some academy deals, but not the 10m+ deals that Chelsea or Spurs have been doing for very untested teenagers from outside the bug leagues.

Couldn't sign him due to Brexit as I understand. He's a huge United fan too which is a shame as he looks class.

He's a dead cert as a starter for his team age 17, there's no need to rush this signing unless they believe he can be an option for the first team already. Pimienta his agent, so we have probably discussed him already.

Would love for us to sign him. Just a matter of time before someone snaps him up. 17-year-old with two full seasons of senior level top tier football, 11 goal points this season, looked very handy when United played Rosenborg in pre-season too.

Have to admit i don’t watch that much of the norwegian Tippeliga, but i don’t think he’s ready to play in the PL yet. Would need more time, and preferrably in an intermediate league before getting a chance with us. See him following a similar path to what Martin Ødegaard did following his Real Madrid transfer. Might even be a bit early to loan him to Nice. Time to restire our relationship with Royal Antwerp?

Have to admit i don’t watch that much of the norwegian Tippeliga, but i don’t think he’s ready to play in the PL yet. Would need more time, and preferrably in an intermediate league before getting a chance with us. See him following a similar path to what Martin Ødegaard did following his Real Madrid transfer. Might even be a bit early to loan him to Nice. Time to restire our relationship with Royal Antwerp?
No shit, it hasn't had that name for about a decade.

I’d be incredibly happy if we manage to secure him now and leave him on loan for another season.

He’s been playing far more as the left side of a midfield 3 and has steadily moved himself a bit further up the pitch which is why we’re starting to see more goal involvements.

For a 17 year old he’s progressing really nicely into an excellent technical and physical player, he’s more then happy to get into duels and wins the majority!

I’d be incredibly happy if we manage to secure him now and leave him on loan for another season.

He’s been playing far more as the left side of a midfield 3 and has steadily moved himself a bit further up the pitch which is why we’re starting to see more goal involvements.

For a 17 year old he’s progressing really nicely into an excellent technical and physical player, he’s more then happy to get into duels and wins the majority!

He can't be signed and loaned out, because of Brexit. I know Chelsea have done some sort of future transfers, where e.g. Estevao Willian will join next summer, which is functionally the same, but I don't know how the details of deals like that work or if they're dependant on national rules.

For the most talented players, it is sometimes a case of sink or float. The norwegian league ends in november. Could be interesting to test him for a few months in training with the first team, before deciding to keep or loan out.

You are probably right that it is to soon for him.

Even if he’s amazing he’s probably going to be loaned once or twice like Hannibal or Pellistri but hopefully with a better outcome. I can’t see him coming here and getting into the team at 18 enough to develop. As long he is ok with us playing the long game with his development we should be all over it

This guy looks incredibly promising.

Stylistically very similar to Florian Wirtz so could be an excellent future Bruno replacement for us to work on. Glad to see us being the most prominent name linked.

Even if he’s amazing he’s probably going to be loaned once or twice like Hannibal or Pellistri but hopefully with a better outcome. I can’t see him coming here and getting into the team at 18 enough to develop. As long he is ok with us playing the long game with his development we should be all over it.
Being the son of a high ranking bank executive, I wouldn't think he is in a situation where he's in a hurry to secure his financial future.

Pure speculation, but my guess is he'll do a bit like Haaland, make sure the jump isn't too big, but rather go to a club where he is pretty much secured minutes.

No shit, it hasn't had that name for about a decade.
Haha, talk about revealing myself!
Anyways, i find it hard to follow norwegian football because the quality gap to the PL is too big. Only watch random games every noe and then tbh, and they’re often in the background whilst i’m doing a 2nd activity….

He can't be signed and loaned out, because of Brexit. I know Chelsea have done some sort of future transfers, where e.g. Estevao Willian will join next summer, which is functionally the same, but I don't know how the details of deals like that work or if they're dependant on national rules.
fecking Brexit again.

Even if he’s amazing he’s probably going to be loaned once or twice like Hannibal or Pellistri but hopefully with a better outcome. I can’t see him coming here and getting into the team at 18 enough to develop. As long he is ok with us playing the long game with his development we should be all over it
If he’s good enough, he can. Just look at Kobbie