Television Suits

I stoped watching during the first seasons when Rachel told Donna that Mike is an animal in bed and he has a huge dick after their first night together. The show is just pathetic.

I think the point of that scene was that she clearly could remember exactly what witty comment Mike made, but knew that she would be incriminating him by telling the court what he said. Remember that he was trying to run away from cops after a drug deal, hardly the behaviour of a Harvard law graduate. She either had to make something up, which was risky, or say that she couldn't remember what Mike had said. When asked if she remembered what name Mike had used, she knew immediately because it was true. I don't think it was bad writing at all, since it showed the difficult position Donna was in, where she was forced to lie in order to protect Mike or tell a version of the truth in order to protect herself.

I just felt as though she crumbled / got tripped up very quickly and easily, given how aware her character is usually portrayed. I appreciate that this is a stressful situation, but I guess I just expected her to have handled it better / remained more composed and strategic.

So one more episode left of this season, no doubt to end on a cliffhanger with the show already renewed for a sixth season.

So one more episode left of this season, no doubt to end on a cliffhanger with the show already renewed for a sixth season.

One more, is that it? They should of just done the full series last Winter rather than waiting 6 months for 4 extra episodes.

I think they just didn't know what to do at the time. It looks like there's no clear idea of the direction they want to be going. The "We'll figure it out as we go" approach.

Yep, midseason breaks are the worst idea ever.
Can understand it more in a 24 show season that runs over the Xmas holidays but a 16 show series doesn't really warrant it IMHO they should be able to plan their calendar so that it can be avoided. Weird when you re-watch box sets and characters get fat between episodes 10 and 11 :lol:

Speaking of resuming shows after mid-season breaks, Gotham returns next week :drool:

On a side note the music for the ending sequence of this week's episode was absolutely epic, I've had it on repeat all morning. Don't know why but there's only 1 youtube video for the song and reading the comments apparently they keep getting taken down.

On a side note the music for the ending sequence of this week's episode was absolutely epic, I've had it on repeat all morning. Don't know why but there's only 1 youtube video for the song and reading the comments apparently they keep getting taken down.

Very Bowie-esque - have you tried Soundcloud? They have some Suits playlists from the first 4 series that I used to play all the time?

Very Bowie-esque - have you tried Soundcloud? They have some Suits playlists from the first 4 series that I used to play all the time?
I will now. The music for the show has always been superb so yeh I'll check it out!

Bah, you're all just hard to please... I've loved Season 5. Last two episodes in particular were great fun.

"I don't want us to be good , I want us to be one"

seriously? :lol:

I think they've given themselves a problem. They admitted that fan feedback/opinion forced their hand on the investment banking storyline and they had to abort that far earlier than they anticipated. Nothing has changed in the sense that the show is at its best when Harvey and Mike are interacting on cases. Sure, this could be an interesting direction but a large portion of fans are still going to want Harvey/Mike on screen together working cases.
What an end to the series. Really enjoyed and didn't expect that ending.

I think they've given themselves a problem. They admitted that fan feedback/opinion forced their hand on the investment banking storyline and they had to abort that far earlier than they anticipated. Nothing has changed in the sense that the show is at its best when Harvey and Mike are interacting on cases. Sure, this could be an interesting direction but a large portion of fans are still going to want Harvey/Mike on screen together working cases.
No, please. Mike and Rachel were sucking the life out of the show. I'm glad he's been fecked off.

I'm saying I hope the fans share the same feeling and do not make a hue and cry about wanting to see them together

Ok. Unfortunately, I think you'll be found wanting in that sense. Its a good move from a writing perspective but I'd almost guarantee that the average viewer is going to be pining for change after a few episodes which is my point on the problem.

Ok. Unfortunately, I think you'll be found wanting in that sense. Its a good move from a writing perspective but I'd almost guarantee that the average viewer is going to be pining for change after a few episodes which is my point on the problem.

Agree. I didn't see the end coming but I like how things went for the firm too. It's going to be blood and thunder when they make their come back.

I have to agree you're probably right.

That was shit.

Would have made so much more sense to have it go to verdict, find him not guilty, find another way to have the conversation with the head juror written in to justify their decision and draw a line under the whole 'Mike's secret' story.

They've put themselves in a corner now; Mike can never be a lawyer so what's his character going to do?

Retarded finale :wenger: Characters who can't keep their decisions, writers have done a great job of ruining this show for a few seasons now but this took the cake in terms of shit episodes.

I bet they'll skip forward two years and it'll be a case of everything almost being rebuilt and they just have to figure out how to get Mike back in, which will take maybe one episode.

I bet they'll skip forward two years and it'll be a case of everything almost being rebuilt and they just have to figure out how to get Mike back in, which will take maybe one episode.

It was my first thought, however, Aaron Korsh has confirmed that Season 6 will pick up exactly where it left off so no time jump.