Film Suicide Squad (2016)

Nobody was angry, at least from my pov I was just bemused as to what made her voice from TAS or Arkham her definitive voice. I don't understand why you would voice a on screen character as you would an animated character, but when question you just started on with yourself then claimed others were being patronising or being dicks?

You carry on pretending I'm angry, I'm quite happy playing Fifa but you wanna carry on with yourself don't expect me not to call you out on it. You wanna have your own opinion cool but when someone discusses it with you don't act like a knob, actually try and back up what you say like an adult eh?

Well I did explain why I thought it and you did start acting patronising to me and now you've just called me a knob after you taking the moral high ground when I called someone a dickhead, which I apologised about.

Maybe you're not happy playing Fifa. If you were happy playing Fifa, you wouldn't be in this thread.

Last edited:
Well I did explain why I thought it and now you've just called me a knob after you taking the moral high ground when I called someone a dickhead, which I apologised about.

Maybe you're not happy playing Fifa. If you were happy playing Fifa, you wouldn't be in this thread.
Cause you were acting the knob, while nobody was doing anything wrong towards you. You were right to apologise cause nobody was being a dick to you, they were asking why you thought the voice was so important, as everyone else thought it was irrelevant.

And honestly don't try and get smart, you can carry on this "look how angry everyone is but me" thing you got going but you still haven't answered the original question, and you're still the one who seems confused that someone would question you on your opinion on a forum. You're only making yourself look daft.

Cause you were acting the knob, while nobody was doing anything wrong towards you. You were right to apologise cause nobody was being a dick to you, they were asking why you thought the voice was so important, as everyone else thought it was irrelevant.

And honestly don't try and get smart, you can carry on this "look how angry everyone is but me" thing you got going but you still haven't answered the original question, and you're still the one who seems confused that someone would question you on your opinion on a forum. You're only making yourself look daft.

Go back and look at my response to Gol.... Or even my response to yours.

I'm not angry. I dont even care. I didn't exactly say anything controversial. I just stated something I thought, you quite clearly took offense. I jumped the gun with @Gol123 and apologised to him.

I even left a post saying to forget about it as it was stupid.

Just relax. It's a fecking film. Whatever I said about her voice is not gonna stop me seeing it. It was just an observation as a Batman fan is all

Anybody else think Deadshot doesnt sound like Deadshot? :/

teehee

The tonal shift from the first trailer makes me think DC are confused and desperate.

But I'm all up for giving this a go and can look past the many things I don't like about it but Fresh Prince playing Deadshot is one thing that I can't look past and I feel well ruin the film for me.

I don't like the costumes, they look like they are cheap and bad quality like they are made for school play instead of high budget movie. I don't know if that's a thing, but I don't like it all, it's shit.

From the trailers, Joker could potentially not be in real time, but is most likely in both films in flashbacks....and they've ruined Harley anyway by having be thrown into acid, unless she randomly tells Joker to do it in some odd way which may tie in with her original origin, but anyway.

I doubt he has no time in Suicide Squad in the present anyway, though possibly a Luke Skywalker type thing at the end. It's such a great character that it's legit the only thing I care about right now. None of the main Suicide Squad seem to be interesting at all.

To be fair they balance me out, I'm way too optimistic about comic book shit lol
Fair enough, I just don't see the point in being down on something that hasn't come out yet. Yea it might stink but I'd rather be hopeful about it than moan about the things I think they've fcuked up based on assumptions, preferences and little else...... But that's just me.

Fair enough, I just don't see the point in being down on something that hasn't come out yet. Yea it might stink but I'd rather be hopeful about it than moan about the things I think they've fcuked up based on assumptions, preferences and little else...... But that's just me.

Hey I'm with you. Weird to be so negative, but I guess some people like being able to say "told you it'll be shit". I'd rather be positive and give the movie a chance as well.

Jai Courtney is in this, and you lot are moaning about Will Smith?

GIF_suicide_squad_captain_boomerang.gif

Australia used to bless us with talents such as Hugh Jackman, Mel Gibson, and Russell Crowe. But Jai Courtney after Sam Worthington and the Hemsworths is pretty bad form. At least they sent us Margot Robbie to partially make up for it.

I don't think Jai Courtney will play a big a role as Will Smith. He hardly even features in the trailer, I didn't realise he was in it until I just went to IMDB to check. Will Smith, being the star name in the film will be in it a lot I feel.

I really like the look of The Joker though.

I don't think Jai Courtney will play a big a role as Will Smith. He hardly even features in the trailer, I didn't realise he was in it until I just went to IMDB to check. Will Smith, being the star name in the film will be in it a lot I feel.

I really like the look of The Joker though.

Any amount of Jai Courtney is an unnecessarily excessive amount of Jai Courtney, in my book.

Isn’t Deadshot quite a sympathetic character in the comics? My knowledge of DC mainly comes from tv and film, plus little bits I pick up online, but I was under the impression that he does what he does for his son? So being played by Will Smith, and being probably the most “good” of the “bad guys” he’s probably going to be a major part.

Any amount of Jai Courtney is an unnecessarily excessive amount of Jai Courtney, in my book.

Isn’t Deadshot quite a sympathetic character in the comics? My knowledge of DC mainly comes from tv and film, plus little bits I pick up online, but I was under the impression that he does what he does for his son? So being played by Will Smith, and being probably the most “good” of the “bad guys” he’s probably going to be a major part.
He accidentally killed his brother trying to save him from their abusive father. The branch he is sat on breaks just as he pulls the trigger on his gun, causing him to slip and miss.

You are right about the sympathetic thing but that's not my issue really. I think it's a better strategy personally to have less established stars as superheroes. Will Smith is too big a personality in my opinion and I just see him as Will Smith as opposed to Deadshot but I have hope that as the film progresses in it's runtime, I kind of forget about this.

You are right about the sympathetic thing but that's not my issue really. I think it's a better strategy personally to have less established stars as superheroes. Will Smith is too big a personality in my opinion and I just see him as Will Smith as opposed to Deadshot but I have hope that as the film progresses in it's runtime, I kind of forget about this.
I'd definitely agree with the bolded.

But isn't that the case for pretty much any known actor in any film? I mean, I saw the Revenant last night and I was wholly aware I was watching Leonardo Di Caprio play a man going through a bunch of shit.

But isn't that the case for pretty much any known actor in any film? I mean, I saw the Revenant last night and I was wholly aware I was watching Leonardo Di Caprio play a man going through a bunch of shit.

I think he means specifically superhero movies and he kind of has a point. It's why a lot of them spend 3/4 of the movie without their mask.

I think he means specifically superhero movies and he kind of has a point. It's why a lot of them spend 3/4 of the movie without their mask.

I reckon that that's a studio thing though - think they have a weird fear that audiences won't be able to relate to a mask

I reckon that that's a studio thing though - think they have a weird fear that audiences won't be able to relate to a mask
Also, I think that many people are already very familiar with comic characters so it's already hard to accept an actor as that particular hero as the hero is already established, making it that much more difficult to immerse yourself into said character if he/she is being played by an A lister. It's hard to explain what I'm trying to say here sorry.

I couldn't care less tbh... The new Joker and Lex would have been a bigger issue to me, I say would have, because I don't really care about that either. I just want a fun movie... I kinda get what you're saying but it's Will Smith not Denzel Washington we're talking about here...

I think DC have done great with their casting. Better then Marvel in that department for me.

I've no idea what you lot are prattling on about accurate voices and too recognisable castings (NEEERRRRRRDDDSS!!) but from a relative leyman POV I thought that was an excellent trailer. Probably one of - if not the best paced comic book trailer I've seen. It's made me want to see the film without giving away anything beyond the basic premise, which is the golden rule of trailers.

But above all that, it's made Jai Courtney look interesting in a film. For that alone it deserves some kind of award.

I've no idea what you lot are prattling on about accurate voices and too recognisable castings, but from a relative leyman POV I thought that was an excellent trailer. Probably one of - if not the best paced comic book trailer I've seen. It's made me want to see the film without giving away anything beyond the basic premise, which is the golden rule of trailers.

But above all that, it's greatest achievement is making Jai Courtney look interesting. For that alone it deserves some kind of award.
Agreed. Thought Jai Courtney was funny in it.