Striker options?

Crimson King

I only watched him in the national team so it is not fair as the quality is lacking in the team. My opinion is he is not yet ready to lead the attack for a top 4 side.
Well United aren't so no worries there :lol:

I guess the question is, will he ever be? Seems like the club don't think so.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Presuming eriksen and casemiro leave, as well as Evans and one other CB, and we keep eriksen as well as malacia Amad, and Antony. Another forward player to push the wide forwards should someone leave or Rashford doesn't find his form.

First XI needs a CB and a CDM. Possibly a Lw or Rw
Second needs a. GK, CM, CF possibly a RB, LB

Onana, dalot, ?, Martinez, Shaw, ?, Mainoo, Bruno, Rashford, garnacho, holjund.

?, AWB, Maguire, lindelof, malacia, ?, Mctominay, Mount, Amad, Antony, ?

SparkedIntoLife

Morata for £10m would be a great signing, in my view. Good profile. He doesn't seem slow or anything yet doesn't rely on his pace. I don't really see the problem. He's a striker who brings others into play which is arguably what we most need. If Zirkzee wants to join Milan, then I don't see many cheap alternatives out there. Morata is a decent shout.

Lemon Moon

Morata for £10m would be a great signing, in my view. Good profile. He doesn't seem slow or anything yet doesn't rely on his pace. I don't really see the problem. He's a striker who brings others into play which is arguably what we most need. If Zirkzee wants to join Milan, then I don't see many cheap alternatives out there. Morata is a decent shout.
Oh lord please no! I couldn't take it...

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
There really is absolutely nothing on the market :rolleyes:
There absolutely is. The problem is that we have blown a lot of money on dross the last eleven years. That means we need 5 or 6 players, and with the way player inflation is these days it would cost upwards of 300m+ to fill all those positions. In an ideal world our previous windows would have gone much better and we would require at the max 2-3 players in this window. That would have allowed us to go for let's say an Isak and blow 100m on him. Now we are down to searching for players with cheap release clauses from the Serie A who scored 12 goals in all competitions last season or some 28 year old from Bundesliga with one good season.

Bwuk

I agree, especially if the plan is for Hojlund to remain first choice.

daba

If we’re interested in an older ST like Morata, then I don’t get why we aren’t all in on Guirassy.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
If we’re interested in an older ST like Morata, then I don’t get why we aren’t all in on Guirassy.
He is close to signing for Dortmund. But that means Füllkrug could be available there.

croadyman

There absolutely is. The problem is that we have blown a lot of money on dross the last eleven years. That means we need 5 or 6 players, and with the way player inflation is these days it would cost upwards of 300m+ to fill all those positions. In an ideal world our previous windows would have gone much better and we would require at the max 2-3 players in this window. That would have allowed us to go for let's say an Isak and blow 100m on him. Now we are down to searching for players with cheap release clauses from the Serie A who scored 12 goals in all competitions last season or some 28 year old from Bundesliga with one good season.
Yeah our wasting of money over the last decade has definitely led to us unable to push the boat out for players who could have made huge difference

MrWilliams

Fullkrug as a rotation option with Rasmus? Yes please.

Ugarte, de Ligt and Fullkrug in one window would be mint