Striker options?

Think Diallo and Garnacho will come on heaps and bounds this season as inverted wingers. We don't have players that can deliver good crosses.
Probably be better off with a firminho type player or Bruno/Zirkzee in the role as CF.

No idea personally why we'd buy some of the highest rated striker prospects in Europe in Hojlund and Zirkzee and then put an obstacle in their path.

Just feel we need an experienced goalscorer, doesn't have to be Toney just someone who can score 20-25 goals and take pressure off them.

No idea personally why we'd buy some of the highest rated striker prospects in Europe in Hojlund and Zirkzee and then put an obstacle in their path.
Since when was Zirkzee one of the highest rated striker prospects in Europe? Hojlund was certainly rated…and whilst I think he’ll prove to be a very good signing, I don’t think he’s going to become a great player (I hope I’m wrong though).

Since when was Zirkzee one of the highest rated striker prospects in Europe? Hojlund was certainly rated…and whilst I think he’ll prove to be a very good signing, I don’t think he’s going to become a great player (I hope I’m wrong though).
He was the Serie A young player of the year last year. Does being the top young player in one of Europe's top 4 leagues not mean you're a highly rated prospect now?

He was the Serie A young player of the year last year. Does being the top young player in one of Europe's top 4 leagues not mean you're a highly rated prospect now?
It doesn’t mean you’re one of the highest rated striker prospects in Europe, no. He’s 23 now and he’s never been held in that bracket (though I stand to be corrected on that).

Why are we still looking for strikers?

Anyway, if, for some strange reason, we still want to add a #9 then I’d be all over Jhon Duran from Villa. I have no idea why they are seemingly looking to sell him, but he looks a very high quality prospect to me, and should be their natural successor to Watkins.

It doesn’t mean you’re one of the highest rated striker prospects in Europe, no. He’s 23 now and he’s never been held in that bracket (though I stand to be corrected on that).
Among the previous winners in the last 5 years are Vlahovic and Osimhen, famously poorly rated strikers.

Among the previous winners in the last 5 years are Vlahovic and Osimhen, famously poorly rated strikers.
You still haven’t pointed to this consensus view that Zirkzee is one of the highest rated striker prospects in Europe, rather it’s just you making the claim based on this Serie A young player award.

You’ve named 2 out of the previous 5 winners, so I’ll assume the other 3 (i.e. the majority) aren’t worth mentioning. Of the 2 listed, Vlahovic isn’t a top talent and Osimhen, whilst talented, is limited.

You still haven’t pointed to this consensus view that Zirkzee is one of the highest rated striker prospects in Europe, rather it’s just you making the claim based on this Serie A young player award.

You’ve named 2 out of the previous 5 winners, so I’ll assume the other 3 (i.e. the majority) aren’t worth mentioning. Of the 2 listed, Vlahovic isn’t a top talent and Osimhen, whilst talented, is limited.
Where is this consensus list of highly rated striker prospects curated? Like most things, it is subjective. The others on the list weren't strikers - hence not relevant. I think it's a perfectly reasonable assertion that winners of the top young player awards of top leagues are highly rated prospects. Otherwise, what's the point of those awards?

Where is this consensus list of highly rated striker prospects curated? Like most things, it is subjective. The others on the list weren't strikers - hence not relevant. I think it's a perfectly reasonable assertion that winners of the top young player awards of top leagues are highly rated prospects. Otherwise, what's the point of those awards?

It's an odd award. Serie A has awards for best defender, midfielder, striker, and overall best player and I don't think you're allowed to be among the three finalists for more than one award. So the young player of the year award essentially consists of the best U23 players that weren't good enough to be finalists for any of the other awards. Young players that really stand out end up being finalists for one of the more prestigious awards. Even if they don't win those awards, it takes them out of contention for the young player award.

This year the three finalists were Zirkzee, Raoul Bellanova, and Matias Soule.

So apparently Everton are after Victor Roque from Barcelona. By all accounts criminally underused by Barcelona and very highly rated back in Brasil as the next big no9 for the national team.

Profess to knowing little about him, but if he has that much potential, then the muppet in me would like him at Utd on a season long loan as backup to hojlund and zirkzee.

If he really is that good....

Who fits the criteria of a 20-25 goal striker and could realistically be available late in window?

Just feel we need an experienced goalscorer, doesn't have to be Toney just someone who can score 20-25 goals and take pressure off them.
totally agree... maybe a Vardy type character, someone coming to the end of their career who sign a short-term deal. Don't ask me who!

Anyway, if, for some strange reason, we still want to add a #9 then I’d be all over Jhon Duran from Villa. I have no idea why they are seemingly looking to sell him, but he looks a very high quality prospect to me, and should be their natural successor to Watkins.
I'd rather take Watkins!

Just the 20-25 goals from a backup, then? Sounds reasonable.

Repeat, have no idea why Villa seemingly happy to sell. He’s the best young #9 in the PL for me, and can see him becoming a 25 goal striker.

We’re set in that position, but I’s be after him if we are looking at Toney, I’d much rather go for Duran. If Arsenal had any sense, 40m for him would be incredible business.

Repeat, have no idea why Villa seemingly happy to sell. He’s the best young #9 in the PL for me, and can see him becoming a 25 goal striker.

We’re set in that position, but I’s be after him if we are looking at Toney, I’d much rather go for Duran. If Arsenal had any sense, 40m for him would be incredible business.

What are Villa asking for?

Similar price to Toney then, someone like Taremi/Ben Yedder would be cheaper and unlikely to kick up a fuss about not being main striker

Taremi signed for Inter, didn't he ? Ben Yedder I wouldn't touch with a pole considering his... extracurricular problems.

Hojlund has a lot of question marks around him. Especially regarding fitness. So we need another striker. We don't have money to buy first choice (Isak, Toney, Osimhen) and we don't have some highly talented striker who can be 3rd option (some new Garnacho or Rashford).
So, i am hoping that we have plans to sign some cheap, short term option. There are for sure some proven strikers who are available for few million or on loan.

We should absolutely be searching the market for every position, that's literally our scouts job.

However, we've invested heavily in our strikers in the last two seasons, it's up to ETH (who I back by the way) to get the most out of them.

I would have imagined upper management wanted a more senior striker to come in, so Eric will be delighted his veto has so far been proven strong.

Hopefully RVN is able to not only coach the lads, but also make them work against each other to be the main forward.

Hojlund has a lot of question marks around him. Especially regarding fitness. So we need another striker. We don't have money to buy first choice (Isak, Toney, Osimhen) and we don't have some highly talented striker who can be 3rd option (some new Garnacho or Rashford).
So, i am hoping that we have plans to sign some cheap, short term option. There are for sure some proven strikers who are available for few million or on loan.

I see at as a reasonable possibility that Duran could surpass Hojlund. I think he’s a fantastic talent. Toney is a steady eddy by all accounts, experienced and reasonably reliable, although has never established himself as a top striker at 28. Osimhen simply isn’t good enough. Isak is the best striker in the PL though, although financially out of reach.

I don’t see the striker position as something we need to address this summer. Another whole year would give us a clearer perspective of what direction Hojlund is headed in, but it’s reasonable to expect an improvement upon last season.

As much as I'd love Jhon Duran (prefer him a lot more than Toney if they cost similarly), I just can't see us signing a striker with our limited budget. We supposedly have also signed Chido Obi Martin for a reason. If the lad's talented enough I can see him challenging RH/JZ much earlier than expected. We sorted the defense, now we gotta buy at least one midfielder for the depth, ideally two, as well as a LB before we go for another CF.

He wasn't at his best the other day but I would love for us to talk to Fulham about Muniz. If we could get Scott to go the other way, that could potentially benefit everyone!

Although it might not work out too well for Rasmus and Zirk as I think Muniz could absolutely thrive here, leading the line.

I struggle to understand why this thread is even active. We've got a young striker whose goal conversion rate last season was better then Haaland. Since the issue was never the STK in the first place but the flanks (who keeps cutting inside and try and score themselves) we added a striker who can drop deep and create chances for others to score while still rettaining a good eye for goal. As icing on the cake we added possibly the best young striker in the UK, a 6ft2 unit whose a goal machine as our 3rd option. If all three fail then our problems do not lie in the striker but elsewhere. Rashy, Garnacho and co can't keep playing the way they do without scoring on a regular basis.

I struggle to understand why this thread is even active. We've got a young striker whose goal conversion rate last season was better then Haaland. Since the issue was never the STK in the first place but the flanks (who keeps cutting inside and try and score themselves) we added a striker who can drop deep and create chances for others to score while still rettaining a good eye for goal. As icing on the cake we added possibly the best young striker in the UK, a 6ft2 unit whose a goal machine as our 3rd option. If all three fail then our problems do not lie in the striker but elsewhere. Rashy, Garnacho and co can't keep playing the way they do without scoring on a regular basis.

Yeah provided this goal machine unit actually is given the opportunity to be part of matchday squads

Man City apparently considering him to replace Alvarez. Players in Scotland tend to get underrated but I feel he's a class act.

I don't see any more strikers this window, would love to see Obi-Martin get some chances in squads but know it's unlikely at 16

I don't see any more strikers this window, would love to see Obi-Martin get some chances in squads but know it's unlikely at 16
Not beyond comprehension

Hojlund has already picked up a few injuries and each time has been out longer than the initial expectation. Not labeling him as injury prone, but It's something to watch.

When Hojlund is out, the next natural number 9 is Wheatley.

Moukoko going on loan to Nice (without a mandatory buy option). Might allow Ineos to get a good look at him without committing anything at this stage.

The fact we're still looking for a striker pretty much shows the 2 striker signings weren't good enough. The money spent on both was enough to get someone who can score goals here and now.