Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

Never heard of Love Sport Radio before, are they reliable?

We really need to turn Tottenham into a verb.

"Alright mate, you finished that job yet?"
"Nah, been doing a Tottenham on it for the past month, don't think it will ever get done and every time I moan about it some twat pops up saying it will turn good in the end."

It may well turn out to be March - but I think it’s more likely than no one actually has a clue on what’s going on, and that’s why they don’t want to put a timeline on it.

"Nah, been doing a Tottenham on it for the past month, don't think it will ever get done and every time I moan about it some twat pops up saying it will turn good in the end."
You mean a noun ?

It may well turn out to be March - but I think it’s more likely than no one actually has a clue on what’s going on, and that’s why they don’t want to put a timeline on it.

My brother works in the building industry down here and is also a spurs season ticket holder and I've heard some funny/scary things about the project from him. All 2nd and 3rd hand info and I couldn't possibly verify any of it but the general rumour buzz around the way is like you say, any of these dates flying around are plucked from the sky because it would be impossible to put an accurate date on the work that needs to be done. All I can say is that they are employing a large number of fresh people.

(Barely) ITK right here.

There seems to be a daily video progress update on YouTube.

They were taking one of the four tower cranes down yesterday. The cladding around the roof seems to be at a complete standstill over the last week. It has all the hallmarks of being a very badly run contract.

March may not be so outlandish.

This could be a good case study for a PMP exam/course.

Who were the construction company Spurs hired to build it? Shonksters inc?

Tottenham suffer more frustration over proposed redevelopment of local area

Tottenham Hotspur are suffering further significant frustration in their plans to regenerate the area around White Hart Lane ahead of what should have been the first game in the club’s new £800 million stadium against Liverpool on Saturday.

In the latest delay surrounding the proposed redevelopment of the area, Haringey Council has made no decision on Tottenham’s proposal to build 330 new homes on a site outside the White Hart Lane railway station which could generate major income for the club. The lack of progress has now prompted Spurs to appeal to the planning inspectorate on the grounds of Haringey’s “non-determination”.

“I’ve not worked on a site like that in a long, long time,” one source says, claiming: “There were people off their heads, drinking cans first thing in the morning before going on to site and snorting coke in the toilets.”

Build going well then.

How can a billion pound project be run like a Trotters Independent Traders job?

That's already the case for Spurs. When a team loses a lead while dominating the game they've done a Spurs. Turns out Tottenham don't just bottle football games but also stadium projects.

“I’ve not worked on a site like that in a long, long time,” one source says, claiming: “There were people off their heads, drinking cans first thing in the morning before going on to site and snorting coke in the toilets.”

Build going well then.
Sounds great.

Not surprised. Clearly there are significant issues.

I would be surprised if they play there this season now. They obviously don’t have any idea on timescales.

The more pressing question to me is why has it cost £850m to build a 60k capacity stadium?

The more pressing question to me is why has it cost £850m to build a 60k capacity stadium?

It's supposed to be very state of the art, and with a number of facilities beyond the stadium itself.

On a side note, why is Glaston no longer appearing at every possible opportunity to declare war on anybody who says a word against the club? Doesn't seem to be very active when we're not doing very well.

It's supposed to be very state of the art, and with a number of facilities beyond the stadium itself.

On a side note, why is Glaston no longer appearing at every possible opportunity to declare war on anybody who says a word against the club? Doesn't seem to be very active when we're not doing very well.
Let the man recover from his PTSD after Tuesday.

Isn't £850m also the price that was rumoured to be on the table for Wembley itself? Could've saved everyone some time & just bought it outright.

Build going well then.
WTF! This is a total mess!

Why the random and completely out and of context dig at Glaston? I'm no fan of his and he hates me but I don't bait him like this.

Build going well then.

Sounds good. Where do I sign up to be part of this project? Drinking first thing in the morning is one of my specialties.

Why the random and completely out and of context dig at Glaston? I'm no fan of his and he hates me but I don't bait him like this.

How is that even remotely out of context?

He spent pretty much his entire time telling anybody who would listen how swimmingly everything was going (in this very thread) and now that everything is going terribly on and off the pitch, he appears to have disappeared. I think that's pretty noteworthy.

If you're going to spend your time bragging about how great everything is, be prepared to take the criticism when you disappear if things aren't rosy.

How is that even remotely out of context?

He spent pretty much his entire time telling anybody who would listen how swimmingly everything was going (in this very thread) and now that everything is going terribly on and off the pitch, he appears to have disappeared. I think that's pretty noteworthy.

If you're going to spend your time bragging about how great everything is, be prepared to take the criticism when you disappear if things aren't rosy.
Maybe he's been banned

Isn't £850m also the price that was rumoured to be on the table for Wembley itself? Could've saved everyone some time & just bought it outright.

Yeah but Wembley isn't 100% an NFL stadium, as well as being 100% football stadium.

QUICKMATHS.

You don't see him for dust while Spurs are in poor form/after a bad result, he literally is the epitome of a fan who only sings when he's winning

Early into the project, Spurs took the decision to cut deals individually with subcontractors and appoint Mace as a construction manager to oversee the job.

By choosing to have a direct commercial relationship with individual companies rather than appointing an overall contractor, the club limited Mace’s liabilities on the scheme.

Absolutely amateurish by Spurs and is a naive cost saving exercise.

I'd love to know how CDM is being managed on the job because it sounds like there's barely a Principal Contractor in place.

In case you hadn't guessed, it sounds like a horror show of a project and Spurs themselves are at the centre of it. I'm guessing that them appointing their own sub contractors will also likely limit any liquidated damages for this overrun too. It will cost Spurs a pretty penny by the end of the job.

Absolutely amateurish by Spurs and is a naive cost saving exercise.
And didn't that backfire in multiples.

They are overshooting deadlines easily and losing tons of money in the process.

The City dictators have apparently given millions locally to spruce the area up. Bet Levy wouldn't give a single rotten carrot to the denizens of Tottenham. This stadium is cursed as are all new London stadiums. Chelsea doing right by staying put.

The City dictators have apparently given millions locally to spruce the area up. Bet Levy wouldn't give a single rotten carrot to the denizens of Tottenham. This stadium is cursed as are all new London stadiums. Chelsea doing right by staying put.
Chelsea are desperate for a new stadium as well. They were fecked when they lost Battersea cause redevelopment on Fulham Road is almost impossible. It would cost billions.
Spurs have fecked this up by trying to play smart.