Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

Can't get over the fact NFL games can't be played at OT. It saddens me deeply.

It’s taken me a while, but I’m getting used to the idea I’ll never be able to watch that drudgery of a sport at the Emirates.

And Kroenke owns the LA Rams damnit!! He needs to take action now and relocate them to London instead of LA!!!

I can’t even bring myself to talk about the Cheese room anymore...

It’s taken me a while, but I’m getting used to the idea I’ll never be able to watch that drudgery of a sport at the Emirates.

And Kroenke owns the LA Rams damnit!! He needs to take action now and relocate them to London instead of LA!!!

I can’t even bring myself to talk about the Cheese room anymore...
Don't talk about the cheese room, it's like a dagger in my heart.

On the Spurs forum one of the supporters post what in effect is a video library detailing the progress of the development/ folly ( delete as appropriate).

It’s worth taking a a look at the latest of his postings for you will gain a far better understanding of just how far the stadium is from completion also you will see that there really doesn’t seem to be any significant overtime being worked or indeed any plan to take advantage of the good weather or indeed daylight.

There are all sorts of rumours buzzing around none are positive from the Spurs perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems entirely possible to me Spurs won't actually be playing in the ground until next season. It will be fairer to play all games at Wembley anyway as some teams playing at one and some an another isn't a level playing field anway. Something of a shambles for all concerned.

On the Spurs forum one of the supporters post what in effect is a video library detailing the progress of the development/ folly ( delete as appropriate).

It’s worth taking a a look at the latest of his postings for you will gain a far better understanding of just how far the stadium is from completion also you will see that there really doesn’t seem to be any significant overtime being worked or indeed any plan to take advantage of the good weather or indeed daylight.

There are all sorts of rumours buzzing around none are positive from the Spurs perspective.

I looked in at "The Fighting Cock", (what were they thinking?) and saw the video you refered to and was surprised at the lack of progress. Having worked in construction at a reasonably senior level I can see there are more problems than the "cabling" issue. Views from outside the the stadium show the exterior cladding and roofing to be incomplete in some areas. The design of some of this cladding looks intricate and will take some time to finish. There are still a number of tower cranes (I counted 4) standing which leads me to believe there are significant incomplete works out of view.

At a guess I would say they will do well to be in by Xmas.

I looked in at "The Fighting Cock", (what were they thinking?) and saw the video you refered to and was surprised at the lack of progress. Having worked in construction at a reasonably senior level I can see there are more problems than the "cabling" issue. Views from outside the the stadium show the exterior cladding and roofing to be incomplete in some areas. The design of some of this cladding looks intricate and will take some time to finish. There are still a number of tower cranes (I counted 4) standing which leads me to believe there are significant incomplete works out of view.

At a guess I would say they will do well to be in by Xmas.

How on earth have Spurs managed to mess this up so badly. Must be of huge embarrassment to those involved in managing the project.

How on earth have Spurs managed to mess this up so badly. Must be of huge embarrassment to those involved in managing the project.
Before seeing the video I had some sympathy with Spurs on the re-scheduleing of fixtures but at the begining of the season it must have very apparent they would never open on time for people closely involved with the project . It demonstrates a whole new level of incompetance if they didn't.

I can see this getting worse for Spurs.

just checked the youtube streams, im no builder but i know that wont be ready for Christmas, they almost make united look competent with this farce.

Before seeing the video I had some sympathy with Spurs on the re-scheduleing of fixtures but at the begining of the season it must have very apparent they would never open on time for people closely involved with the project . It demonstrates a whole new level of incompetance if they didn't.

I can see this getting worse for Spurs.

You can read all sorts of things into what is happening at Spurs and just about all of it starts and ends around the stadium project.

Levy has, at this point in time, just about managed to hold things together but time is running out as is it seems is the patience of the football authorities.

Today’s decision on the location of Spurs Carabo Cup tie with Watford will be interesting for if the EFL refuse it being relocated to MK then I can’t help but feel the PL will like UEFA rule in accordance with the spirit of their own rulebook as opposed to falling over backwards to accommodate Spurs.

Back to Levy.

His recent comment that it was possible that everything would have been ok to play the city game in 53 days at the new stadium on the face of it were reasonable.

However when you look at the video and factor in the time needed to complete the build, arrange test events, have those test events, gain a safety certificate, give around two weeks notice re location then his comments appear to be nothing more than being said to deliberately mislead just about everyone.

Bear in mind that DL told the THST in March 2107 that the £400 million facility wouldn’t fund the full cost of the project and at that point in time the project was only planned, in terms of finance, up to the foundation build of both the residential and hotel element. If that didn’t set alarm bells ringing the fact that since that point in time material and labour costs have, for a variety of reasons, grown significantly and having to play games at Wembley will be adding to the ever growing cost.

What a shambles.

It's the E-Sports promoters and rock stars i feel sorry for.

So can we add stadium development to the list of things Levy is extremely poor at managing. So now the list includes: increasing commercial revenues, purchasing players, employing managers and stadium development.

Against the positives which are... Erm... Negotiating player contract renewals?!

So can we add stadium development to the list of things Levy is extremely poor at managing. So now the list includes: increasing commercial revenues, purchasing players, employing managers and stadium development.

Against the positives which are... Erm... Negotiating player contract renewals?!

That new 5 year contract for Poch was genius, like 1 week before Madrid came knocking

What is the best way to get to Wembley from central London this weekend? Let's say from Victoria. I'm taking my 65 year old dad, so I think the tube will be too crowded and annoying for him with his weak knees. Is taxi all good or will we be stuck in traffic forever? Cheers guys

Our Everton home game is being moved to a Sunday thanks to this.

But hey, as long as everything is alright for Spurs right?

Thanks! I think we'll leave from Green Park or Victoria, somewhere close to those places.... but would a taxi work fine? Money not an issue here, wasting a lot of time standing still in traffic would ;) Thanks again.

Don't do taxi it will take longer and be too much money.

Hop on the the bakerloo line from oxford circus going towards Marylebone - from Marylebone you can get a train to Wembley stadium station.

Edit: from i mean Victoria not Oxford circus

Levy is poor at purchasing players? Strange then how we've assembled one of the most valuable squads in the Prem with a net spend that's vastly lower than any of our rivals.

The cost of our best XI is little more than United paid for Pogba.

Levy is poor at purchasing players? Strange then how we've assembled one of the most valuable squads in the Prem with a net spend that's vastly lower than any of our rivals.

The cost of our best XI is little more than United paid for Pogba.

50% of Spurs squad value is Harry Kane who was an academy graduate.

See this Summer for proof as to Levy's proficiency in the buying of players department.

50% of Spurs squad value is Harry Kane who was an academy graduate.

See this Summer for proof as to Levy's proficiency in the buying of players department.

Slice it anyway you like.

The fact remain that Spurs have assembled one of the most valuable squads in the Prem with a net spend that's vastly lower than any of our rivals.

Your translation of this into "poor at purchasing players" is such obvious and laughable nonsense that I wonder you don't realise how idiotic it makes you look. I suggest you stop digging ...

The fact remain that Spurs have assembled one of the most valuable squads in the Prem with a net spend that's vastly lower than any of our rivals.

Your translation of this into "poor at purchasing players" is such obvious and laughable nonsense that I wonder you don't realise how idiotic it makes you look. I suggest you stop digging ...

And I’d suggest spurs fans get down to the new ground to do a bit of digging. Apparently the workers have downed tools

And I’d suggest spurs fans get down to the new ground to do a bit of digging. Apparently the workers have downed tools

"Apparently" this, "apparently" that. Apparently Pochettino was off to Real Madrid in the summer. And apparently Kane was just a one-season wonder.

Thank god Martin Edwards was such a great CEO... If not for him I can't imagine what would have happened to Giggs, Scholes, G.Neville & Beckham etc... That £600m of talent would've been nowhere without him.

Thank god Martin Edwards was such a great CEO... If not for him I can't imagine what would have happened to Giggs, Scholes, G.Neville & Beckham etc... That £600m of talent would've been nowhere without him.

This has precisely nothing to do with what I posted.

Spurs transfer strategy hasn't worked in years to be honest.
They must have got embarrassed with finding so many gems so decided to reign it back a bit.

They must have got embarrassed with finding so many gems so decided to reign it back a bit.

How can you say that? We have lowest budget of top 6 yet have made it to runner up, top 3 for last few years. That seems like it might be working just fine.

How can you say that? We have lowest budget of top 6 yet have made it to runner up, top 3 for last few years. That seems like it might be working just fine.
Because your starting 11 hasn't really changed in 3/4 years and you've spent plenty of money since then.

Spot the embarrassing self-contradiction: "transfer strategy hasn't worked in years", followed by "finding so many gems"

This has precisely nothing to do with what I posted.

You're squad value is hugely skewed by a £250m academy graduate, something that has absolutely nothing to do with Levy's ability to purchase players.

Without Kane in terms of squad value (and squad ability) you're sandwiched between Everton and Arsenal.

Spot the embarrassing self-contradiction: "transfer strategy hasn't worked in years", followed by "finding so many gems"
What recent gems have you recently found then?
Your transfer strategy was a success but it hasn't been in a while.
Nothing contradictory about that.