Film Spider-man: No Way Home

Not a big Marvel fan and the last two Spiderman films seemed worse with every passing minute after they finished but this holds up pretty well.

It could have been a mess with the melange of returning characters, so having it be breezy popcorn fun is good going.

Only criticism I'd have is that is isn't as good as Into The Spider-verse (which did something similar but better) and a general jaded feeling towards the glut of Marvel content. But those aren't really this film's fault though.

Seeing as Kermode is mentioned above, his non-spoilery review is pretty much right:

Not a big Marvel fan and the last two Spiderman films seemed worse with every passing minute after they finished but this holds up pretty well.

It could have been a mess with the melange of returning characters, so having it be breezy popcorn fun is good going.

Only criticism I'd have is that is isn't as good as Into The Spider-verse (which did something similar but better) and a general jaded feeling towards the glut of Marvel content. But those aren't really this film's fault though.

Seeing as Kermode is mentioned above, his non-spoilery review is pretty much right:

I'm a bit surprised that the bolded part isn't being brought up more. I'm wondering if this might be a case of a sizeable chunk of the general public not having seen it.

10/10 for me. Absolutely loved it and for me probably the best Spider-Man film of all time. I can see why both public & critics were raving about this. It justifies its highscores on IMDB & Rotten Tomatoes.

First time ever I’ve seen the audience cheer inside a UK cinema when both Andrew Garfield & Tobey Maguire appeared

Wasn’t expecting the 2nd cutscene to be a full on trailer for the new Doctor Strange, which made the hype & excitement even more so after how good this Spider-Man film was.

Absolutely loved it. Just a bunch of fun. Obviously similar to spider verse and a bit restricted in what they can do against animation but that aside I loved it. Loved it's ending too, can go anywhere now. Hope he stays on for more movies.

Hear hear. But at the same time, I feel it important that we not forget that he's only like that because he thinks he - and not the imperialists - should be in charge of literally everything, like the king of the world or something.
Tbf he made a film where everyone knows the boat will hit the very big iceberg yet it not only won a bunch of awards but made more money than the first star wars prequel. That’s king level of film making imo.

I thought that was George Lucas?
I’ve always wanted to know how Lucas took the Vietnam war as an influence and then somehow produced a republic rebellion who are in favour of a monarchy.

But no with Avatar, Cameron got American audiences to cheer like Marvel fans but for the deaths of thousands of American troops while wearing awful 3D glasses. No one is on his level in terms of scale and yes I’m looking forward to watching random cgi blue lizard man beheading Americans generals in Avatar 7 as it makes a trillion dollars at the box office. That’s real cinema.

I was skeptical if they'd pull it off, because the trailers had kind of left me a bit cold, but I thought it was superb. Oddly emotional and touching, flew by time wise too.

Enjoyed it but thought the story was a bit weak, at least in the first half. Really picked up mid-way though.

Watched it yesterday here in India. Very enjoyable film. Peter Parker became Spiderman rather than Iron man Jr.

Brilliant stuff. My mate's gf came with us and insisted on leaving before the credits scenes which has me livid given they don't seem to be available anywhere on the internet.

Going to go and see this after all the positive reviews I’ve read in here. Not a huge Spider-Man fan, so was going to wait for it to stream. I thought homecoming was a solid start, and had lots of charming elements. No Way Home seemed better on first viewing but upon repeat watching, I don’t like it that much and think HC was better.

I thought all the Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield movies were pretty bad and the earlier three have, in particular, aged horrendously. I generally find Tom Holland much more charming and watchable than Maguire - who just comes across as creepy/slimy - and Garfield was just far too old. I really, really enjoyed Into the Spiderverse though, and the multiverse element of this movie consequently intrigued me.

The biggest thing turning me off about going to see at the cinema, is how much I couldn’t stand the Jonah Jameson character. Even in the NWH credit scene where he came up, my heart sank thinking the next film would have him as a central character. I think J.K. Simmons is generally fantastic, but I hated his shouty, over the top portrayal. The character felt too comicy, even for a comic book film. Even if that’s how he is in the comics - it needed to be updated and made a little more sophisticated or subtle. I found everything about his character annoyingly unwatchable in the earlier films - meme’s aside. So I guess my only question is whether he is a major character in this? Because i don’t think I’ll be able to stand it if he is.:lol:

I have a feeling I’m going to rub a few people up the wrong way with this. Sorry.

Brilliant stuff. My mate's gf came with us and insisted on leaving before the credits scenes which has me livid given they don't seem to be available anywhere on the internet.

Why didn’t you just stay anyway? It’s not like she’s sleeping with you. Unless………plot twist?

Why didn't you stay though.

The 2nd end credits will be released officially soon no doubt.

1st one wasn't anything overly major, just a tease.

Wow what a movie. My favourite ever on screen Marvel villains (Defoe’s Goblin and Molina’s Oc) on scene together. Dafoe was incredible. Absolutely killed it. Holland was fantastic too. Ah man want to watch again. May switch on Spider-Man 1 again.

Why would you not stay? Weirdo.

10/10 for me. Absolutely loved it and for me probably the best Spider-Man film of all time. I can see why both public & critics were raving about this. It justifies its highscores on IMDB & Rotten Tomatoes.]

Spiderman 2 is still the best Spiderman movie in my opinion. Also if it wasn't for the past movies such as Spiderman 2 then No Way Home wouldn't have even been able to be as good as it was.

Still, No Way Home is debatably the 2nd best Spiderman movie of all time. The only problem I have is that Tom Holland's Spiderman is more Iron Spiderboy than he is Spiderman.

Also if it wasn't for the past movies such as Spiderman 2 then No Way Home wouldn't have even been able to be as good as it was.
If it wasnt for the past Spider-Man movies it would just be Tom Holland standing there talking to himself

People have different opinions which is obviously fine, but is spiderman 2 really the best or was it just your favourite growing up?

Spiderman 2 is still the best Spiderman movie in my opinion. Also if it wasn't for the past movies such as Spiderman 2 then No Way Home wouldn't have even been able to be as good as it was.

Still, No Way Home is debatably the 2nd best Spiderman movie of all time. The only problem I have is that Tom Holland's Spiderman is more Iron Spiderboy than he is Spiderman.

Saw it yesterday and this sums it up for me - it's a good film, lots of fun, and I'd say it's Holland's best Spiderman film, but it doesn't hit the heights of Spiderman 2.

I wonder if Sony will decide to make a separate film with a certain person, given the performance and fan reaction.

Into the spider verse was better than spidey 2 :nervous:

Into the Spiderverse is absolutely the best Spiderman film, I'm assuming people just put it in a separate category to the live-action ones.

Into the Spiderverse is absolutely the best Spiderman film, I'm assuming people just put it in a separate category to the live-action ones.

It is but I think it's definitely a separate category. There's just so much more you can do with animation, particularly in this genre.

I actually think animated content is gonna get much popular in the next decade or so. A show like Invincible really showed how good it can be. DC have done some great animated stuff in recent years but it's still pretty niche.

The Spiderman PS4 game is also a separate category but it's probably the best Spiderman content ever put to screen imo.

I wonder if Sony will decide to make a separate film with a certain person, given the performance and fan reaction.

Honestly I don't know why they don't, I'd be all for it. I'd love some Spiderman films not involving the MCU, more standalone, more actually about the Spiderman world and less building towards other events.

Honestly I don't know why they don't, I'd be all for it. I'd love some Spiderman films not involving the MCU, more standalone, more actually about the Spiderman world and less building towards other events.

I'd love to see him going up against Doctor Doom.

Pity the rights are all such a mess.

By far the best spider-man movie to date. Andrew Garfield had so much potential as spider-man, as highlighted in this movie; the perfect blend between cool/nerdy/funny/emotional. Glad he got his redemption and to see the 3 of them on screen. Ned just casually opening portals (because his family know a bit of magic) was just silly but it led to the best scene in the movie so I guess I can't complain. The lizard as mentioned previously, was just there and did not really contribute anything. Tom Holland's character graduated from being a silly teenager to a man, which was probably the best aspect of this movie as he was previously overshadowed by other characters. His attitude/thinking at the start of the movie compared to the end was fascinating and portrayed his growth throughout the movie

Last edited:
Had some nice moments but every MCU film is the same. I'm surprised people are not getting bored of these films.

The first end credit scene;
Peter Parker (Tobey version) and Green Goblin (Garfield version) are playing chess in the park when Magneto knocks over all their pieces. They accuse one another of cheating. If it was anything like my showing then the audience start whooping.

Second end credit scene;
Mickey Mouse buys a caravan and plans to spend his retirement travelling around the single lane B roads of SW England fecking everyone's day up.

Third end credit scene;
BIG. FECK OFF. DINOSAURS. Invade New York and one of them has a lightsaber. Chris Pratt comes storming out of nowhere puffing his chest out riding a triceratops. He talks about the importance of family life before leaving his wife now he's more famous than her to get close with the Schwarzenegger family. 70s Han Solo inexplicably shows up and his head explodes. The audience start wanking one another off.

Really enjoyed it. Didn’t feel like 2 1/2 hours. Half of the easter egg hunters left after the Venom traser….FOOLS!! :lol:

Not seem any of the latest spiderman stuff, only the first two they made. Are there any I should watch before this?

I didn't like it to be honest.

I just found any humour used in this movie really corny, "Scooby doo this crap", Aunt May's water joke to Doc Ock, laughing at Doc Ock's full name etc. really didn't do much for me and that was really the tone for most scenes of the movie. The whole "cure the villains" premise really defeated any type of strong personal story or hatred towards what are supposed to be the bad characters from the very start.

On to the villains themselves, what was the point of Doc Connors in this movie? I feel Jamie Foxx had way too much screen time - he really didn't add much, he even had more than Tobey. Again the typical marvel humour was present and they had to dumb down the villains.

The good parts were all of Andrew Garfield's scenes. If anything I came out of the movie frustrated by how much they cucked Andrew with his movies, he's by far the most talented actor.

Absolutely fantastic and the kinds of entertainment I go to these movies for. Would have gone again if not for the fear of covid. Holland did an amazing job and showed samples of him being able to carry a whole movie.

Completely echo those saying this was spidey movie true to the character we know unlike previous ones where it was more of an Avengers extra. There's a lot to love about this one.

And Cumberbatch is obviously brilliant. Can't wait for his movie now which looks like a mental rollercoaster.

Just looking at the upcoming stuff and this is shaping up to be a very good phase. Loki and Strange have already given enough of a preview of things to come. And those two are easily the best actors out of all the major characters so far in MCU.

It was not really his acts to have a normal life, it's more his acts in trying to fix all the villains (trapping Strange in the mirror dimension and then bringing all the villains home like wtf?) that I thought was very stupid of him.
Nah, I think it's very much in character of Spider-Man. His main characteristic is that he wants to help people no matter who they are
When Strange said the villains death is not their problem, it's inline with Spider-Man origin story that at first, he didn't stopped a robber because he felt it's not his problem. He paid the price when the robber killed uncle Ben. And I think NWH turn it on its head when Peter did make the villains his responsibility, his aunt got killed by Goblin. And I think it reinforce the idea that Spider-Man helps people because it's the right thing to do, not because if he didn't someone he love will get hurt

Into the spider verse was better than spidey 2 :nervous:
Way better. The cinematography and camera work in the Raimi Spider-Man movies is still a joy to behold, but apart from that those films are so dated now.

Spider-Verse is a masterpiece. The best comic book film IMO.