Film Spider-man: No Way Home

I sound like a kid, but Spider-Man is my favorite comic hero.
The trailers look really good. Hopefully the movie will be epic.

I am really easy to please really. I enjoy basically every movie I watch and I like every Marvel movie/ series (yes, even Captain Marvel).

Regarding your Spider man's law spoiler That is a Gwen Stacy thing not MJ. MJ is generally his endgame love interest.

So yeah this trailer has A WHOLE LOT of stuff happening. So many villains if handled well it could be epic. There have been many Sinister 6 stories and multiverse stories to get a good narrative basis for over the years from source material. It is just all in the execution really in a single film. I hope none of the trailers before the film reveal the elephant in the room appearances.

Those type reactions being seen in a cinema on the big screen with everyone gasping, clapping, reacting together are what gets people back in theatres.

Thankfully we don’t get those reactions in cinemas over here! :D

Regarding your Spider man's law spoiler That is a Gwen Stacy thing not MJ. MJ is generally his endgame love interest.

So yeah this trailer has A WHOLE LOT of stuff happening. So many villains if handled well it could be epic. There have been many Sinister 6 stories and multiverse stories to get a good narrative basis for over the years from source material. It is just all in the execution really in a single film. I hope none of the trailers before the film reveal the elephant in the room appearances.

Those type reactions being seen in a cinema on the big screen with everyone gasping, clapping, reacting together are what gets people back in theatres.
You know what you’re right. My bad. Totally spaced but still I wonder if given this has now brought in a multi-verse if scenarios could be reversed. I mean surely they put that scene in to have people talk about it by design.

It does look great and hopefully they do a better job with the multiple villains than Spider-Man 3 and there is no way they release info on the elephant. Imagine the reaction that will get on a live audience.

Wish people did that here often. I get jealous of America when I here people cheering in the cinema. Here we are quiet as a damn mouse even when we laugh.

Can’t wait for this. Spider-Man is my favourite. Hope the action sequences with all the bad guys can mirror the recent video game too as that got it right where Spider-Man 3 failed.
This was my thought too regarding the video game. The game just captured it brilliantly I hope the movie does the same

I’d imagine that the scene with MJ falling from the building will offer one of two options :

Tom Holland saves her, showing his superiority over the other Spider-Men, or Garfield swings in and saves her, redeeming him from failing to save Gwen in his universe.

Has anyone seen the new venom? In the post credit scene he gets transferred into MCU Spider-Man (presumably from the spell) so looks like he is going to play a part in this film.

I’d imagine that the scene with MJ falling from the building will offer one of two options :

Tom Holland saves her, showing his superiority over the other Spider-Men, or Garfield swings in and saves her, redeeming him from failing to save Gwen in his universe.
Nah, it's Toby Maguire saving her. They'll land and he'll do the Spiderman 3 dance moves.

Has anyone seen the new venom? In the post credit scene he gets transferred into MCU Spider-Man (presumably from the spell) so looks like he is going to play a part in this film.
I don't see how Venom will fit into this. I hate how he is portrayed as a needy creep in his movies...

I didn't know this (I always avoid trailers). I only came in here to say I'm really excited to watch this movie, then this exchange spoiled it for me :lol:

I remember avoiding everything for doctor sleep and finding out its a Shining sequel whilst sitting in the cinema :lol:
Doctor Sleep is a Shining sequel?! :eek::( I was planning to watch that

Nah, it's Toby Maguire saving her. They'll land and he'll do the Spiderman 3 dance moves.

I don't see how Venom will fit into this. I hate how he is portrayed as a needy creep in his movies...
Agreed, both of those films are so awful, I’m actually going to guess that he will end up helping Spider-Man despite implying he will eat him.

Wish people did that here often. I get jealous of America when I here people cheering in the cinema. Here we are quiet as a damn mouse even when we laugh.
I grew up in Botswana and presumed cheering and booing in the cinema was the done thing everywhere. I remember going to see The Return of the Jedi when I was a kid for my birthday and all of us screaming, shouting and cheering along with the whole cinema every time a storm trooper was killed!

I got quite a shock when I went to my first cinema in the UK, even now 40 odd years later it seems unnatural to sit in silence and even try to chew your popcorn quietly!

"Marvel is planning a new Spider-Man trilogy after No Way Home, says Sony producer

Marvel is planning a new Spider-Man trilogy after No Way Home, says Sony producer"]Both Sony and Marvel are planning a second Tom Holland-led Spider-Man trilogy after No Way Home, Sony producer Amy Pascal has confirmed.

Speaking to Fandango in a recent interview, Pascal revealed that the studio is “getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel,” adding that “we’re thinking of [the Homecoming trilogy] as three films, and now we’re going to go onto the next three. This is not the last of our MCU movies.”

While Sony insiders have attached the caveat that no plans are official just yet (per THR), the studio supposedly has a “strong relationship” with Holland and Marvel boss Kevin Feige, boosting hopes that collaboration will continue between all three parties.

The news comes just weeks before the release of Spider-Man: No Way Home, which is set to hit theaters on December 15, 2021 and intended to tie up the so-called Homecoming trilogy of movies (following Homecoming and Far From Home in 2017 and 2019, respectively).

In the upcoming film – which is inarguably the most anticipated Marvel movie since 2019’s Avengers: Endgame – Peter Parker will, for the first time, be forced to deal with the consequences of being unmasked. In an effort to rectify the situation, he enlists the help of Doctor Strange, and the pair unwittingly trigger a series of multiverse-opening events.

Sony’s third Spider-Man movie will also be the final release in what’s been a jam-packed year for MCU films, with Black Widow, Shang-Chi, and Eternals all arriving earlier this year. It'll be the last Marvel movie for a while, too, with Doctor Strange 2 not set to release until May 2022.

Is Tom Holland’s Spidey-Sense still tingling?
It’s clear that audiences have an appetite for more Spider-Man adventures – the 78 million views on No Way Home’s first trailer prove that – but Holland’s willingness to don the red and blue suit for a further three movies is less certain.

In a recent interview with GQ, the star revealed that he still isn’t sure whether he’d be willing to reprise the role after No Way Home. “Maybe it is time for me to move on,” he said, adding that “maybe what’s best for Spider-Man is that they do a Miles Morales film [next]. If I’m playing Spider-Man after I’m 30, I’ve done something wrong.”

Still, Holland did allude to those aforementioned plans for a brand new Spidey trilogy: “I might do Spider-Man 4, 5 and 6, finish when I’m 32, and never make another. I’m not sure what I want to do.”

The question of whether Marvel and Sony can keep their leading man, then, remains unanswered for now. We know for certain, though, that Spider-Man: No Way Home is going to take the global box office by storm.

Do I need to have watched any of the recent Marvel films or shows before seeing this? I haven't seen anything since I think Endgame.

Do I need to have watched any of the recent Marvel films or shows before seeing this? I haven't seen anything since I think Endgame.
Watch the second Spider-Man film. (Far from home) I think it’s on Netflix and it’s a good film.

Watch the second Spider-Man film. (Far from home) I think it’s on Netflix and it’s a good film.
Whoops, I obviously didn't mean the last Spidey film (which I really enjoyed). Hadn't realised that came out after Endgame. More wasn't sure if any of the TV Shows or recent movies that looked very bland (Eternals, something about some Rings) tied into this, and I'd miss out from not having watched them.

Tickets booked for Friday (had to cancel tomorrow due to winter wonderland)

Can't wait

Spolier that shit, ffs.

I have it on good authority that the new spiderman movie will have Tom Holland in a spidey suit.

And spoiler warning:
he will be fighting the bad guys.

:lol:

Getting brilliant reviews

95% on Rotten Tomatoes
9.4/10 on IMDB

Booked tickets to see it on Friday night, can’t wait!

While this movie's scope isn't as big as Endgame's, the ambition is far greater with the introduction of nostalgic themes and past actors and the frickin' multiverse itself.

Thank you, Papa Feige. Thank you, Mama Pascal. Huge shoutout to everyone who made this happen. (Not you, Avi Arad!)

What's funny is that these consumerists don't praise the talent, but producers.

If some of you remember I posted a thread about my friend Bella who did the Spider-man Cosplay.

Well she and a small handful of people were chosen for the official Marvel TikTok Spider-man No way home promotion and she features in the advert right before the film in the cinemas (plus on advertising boards in cinemas and on streets etc)

The cinema ad is the short version, but it's awesome seeing her up there.

In the long version, Tom Holland turns into her, before she becomes Doc Oc from memory.

Keep an eye out for the ads.

Enjoyed it a lot

I’m a sucker for these movies and there are many memorable moments

Just got out of the cinema.
It's a damn good movie, easily the best Spiderman movie for me and certainly one of the best in the MCU.

I'm not even a big Spiderman fan, never read any comics or stuff.
I think die hard Spidey fans are gonna lose their mind. I had several people in the cinema that freaked out in a certain scene.

Just one recommendation: Try to stay off YouTube and social media if you don't want to be spoiled. And trust me, you don't want to be spoiled.

Definitely the best Spider-Man movie for me.

Don’t get spoiled if you can avoid it, it’ll be worth it.

edit, that second end credit:drool:

Last edited:
Definitely the best Spider-Man movie for me.

Yeah, 100% the best one so far. I've watched Far from home a lot and actually seem to like it the least now of the Holland movies.

I actually liked it better on first watch than Homecoming, but Homecoming is a stronger movie.

Just got out of cinema, really enjoyed that. Fantastic movie.

Hang around till the very end of the credits as there are two scenes as per usual for marvel movies. Dunno why so many people just walk out after the first cutscene, after 21 marvel moview, its staple for them to have 2 cutscenes.

Last edited:
Nice way to bookend the trilogy. Really enjoyed it but have to say Peter Parker's stupidity and naivety annoyed me a lot in the beginning. Obviously, some characters sometimes have to be stupid or do something stupid to move the plot forward, but what Peter did took me out of the movie for a bit.

Nice way to bookend the trilogy. Really enjoyed it but have to say Peter Parker's stupidity and naivety annoyed me a lot in the beginning. Obviously, some characters sometimes have to be stupid or do something stupid to move the plot forward, but what Peter did took me out of the movie for a bit.
Strange said something like: "Sometimes I forgot you're just a kid"

I haven't read Spider-Man comics in a while, but I think one of his characteristics was his yearning for a normal life. He's basically a child who struggles with responsibilities someone his age shouldn't have. And that could lead to making stupid decisions