Spartacus vs Game of Thrones

Which show do you think is better?

• Total voters
Where did i say anything even remotely close to this shit? I've already fvcking said im not a big TWD fan. I wouldn't even consider myself a fan to be honest, haven't even watched the last 5 episodes and I dont care. My only attachment to the show is that its shot in my city/state and that I was on the set for about a week during the first season. I was strictly talking about the fan's attachment to the the fvcking characters compared to GoT and you respond with a rant about the show in general. JAYSUS!

You've said previously that TWD generates more emotional attachment than GoT and that the internet goes crazy when these "beloved" characters die. I'm putting "beloved characters" into perspective and explaining why TWD is so popular and what it is and isn't good at.

Which "beloved" characters have died in TWD and where has the internet gone crazy (spoiler tags to be safe)? I can remember plenty of GoT events where the web went nuts, but nothing for TWD. Nothing.

You're doing the thread a disservice by attempting to compare TWD to Spartacus and GoT.

You've said previously that TWD generates more emotional attachment than GoT and that the internet goes crazy when these "beloved" characters die. I'm putting "beloved characters" into perspective and explaining why TWD is so popular and what it is and isn't good at.

Which "beloved" characters have died in TWD and where has the internet gone crazy (spoiler tags to be safe)? I can remember plenty of GoT events where the web went nuts, but nothing for TWD. Nothing.

You're doing the thread a disservice by attempting to compare TWD to Spartacus and GoT.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Andrea, Shane (bad guy but the buzz was felt), Lori (Personally never liked her), Sophia (young girl in the barn), Beth. There was a lot of social media buzz when those characters died and many articles written, if you didn't take notice (since you say NOTHING happened) then I dont know what to say to you sir. Just because you don't rate the show doesnt mean you can dismiss the buzz these events have generated on social media. FYI I prefer GoT to TWD. TWD deliberately tugs at the emotional side of its viewers than GoT, its a drama afterall.

Last edited:
*SPOILER ALERT*

Andrea, Shane (bad guy but the buzz was felt), Lori (Personally never liked her), Sophia (young girl in the barn), Beth. There was a lot of social media buzz when those characters died and many articles written, if you didn't take notice (since you say NOTHING happened) then I dont know what to say to you sir. Just because you don't rate the show doesnt mean you can dismiss the buzz these events have generated on social media. FYI I prefer GoT to TWD. TWD deliberately tugs at the emotional side of its viewers than GoT, its a drama afterall.

You really are clutching at straws when you're calling one of the antagonists and the neurotic, sleazy wife a "beloved character who died". Sophia was a bit-part who had no presence (the only decent child actor was Lizzie) and everybody was irritated with Andrea's non-progression and fecking around with the Governor. No beloved characters have died, which is the point I've been contending all along.

Somebody like Eddard from GoT was a beloved character who died. TWD doesn't do that. All the "beloved" characters (Rick/Daryl) predictably survive.

This is incredibly tiresome now so I'll leave it at that.

I watched like 90% of it. I don't remember exactly what happened because I am not a fanatic for a mediocre show that I watched over a year ago.

The whole thing, using fast forward for scenes that annoyed me.

Very convincing. I don't think many would force themselves to sit through a show they obviously don't like. I mean its not like there was a shortage of options, unless someone forced you to watch it. So which is it, 90% or all of it?

Very convincing. I don't think many would force themselves to sit through a show they obviously don't like. I mean its not like there was a shortage of options, unless someone forced you to watch it. So which is it, 90% or all of it?

What is this, a cross examination? CHRIST! When I said I watched the whole thing, I meant I watched all three seasons. When I say I watched 90% of those three seasons, I mean I didn't feel like sitting around and marveling at how bad ass the show was every time some juvenile line involving cock and ass came up. Not everyone can justify spending that much time on such an obnoxious show. You fecking mentalist.

What is this, a cross examination? CHRIST! When I said I watched the whole thing, I meant I watched all three seasons. When I say I watched 90% of those three seasons, I mean I didn't feel like sitting around and marveling at how bad ass the show was every time some juvenile line involving cock and ass came up. Not everyone can justify spending that much time on such an obnoxious show. You fecking mentalist.
Stop it Eboue, you got CSI'd.

You mean four surely. There were four seasons if you include the aforementioned prequel :devil:

It uses pretty cheap tricks that many people confuse as "great writing".

4 seasons in and we've yet to see a single scene featuring the Dragon lady that wasn't completely dull.

She's the worst part about GoT IMO. I thought her story would develop nicely, even liked her character at the beginning but I really dislike how she's developed. The sorceress that rolls with Stannis is pretty weak too

To be fair, it isn't creating that much. The poll results show as much.

That's because most people are voting without weighing in, and im sure most of those people haven't watched both shows entirely.

@Rooney in Dublin Duly noted

Last edited:

You didnt feel like sitting around and watching it yet you watched it all, but actually 90% of it is what you meant? hmmm lol. :P