Southgate replacing ETH? Yes or No?

Well...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a summer where De Zerbi and Tuchel are available without having to pay compensation, it would be nuts to go for Southgate. Not only is he shit but he’s also probably not available until mid July. Too much ground lost when we’re already struggling. Has to be a non runner
There's plenty of options all around. Gonna be depressing as feck if club has decided on either eth yet again or Southgate

If this happens, I’d laugh my asss off and proceed to go through the stages of grief.

I would just follow my local team until sense prevails and we sack him for someone better that's for certain

I'm not going to give up on supporting United if we appoint GS. :lol:
I would be thoroughly underwhelmed though.

Coaching for NTs totally different to club management. NTs in tournament format defensively solid could take you far but club games totally different. And week in week out you have to be at the top.

It's ridiculous idea to hand him United coaching job. Yes he did well for England NT but need to prove himself well in club management at mid table level before taking big club jobs like United.

I'll be done if it's Southgate, there's no joy there.

Let's hope Serbia sends England home early so this potential hire looks less appealing to INEOS :angel:

If he has a good tournament with say a semi final or final spot wouldn't he be inclined to stay on with the World Cup just 2 years away? The FA seem happy with Southgate and I'm sure they'd want to him to stay.

Yes please because it'd be absolutely hilarious. And I could always support a better team in future instead.

If he has a good tournament with say a semi final or final spot wouldn't he be inclined to stay on with the World Cup just 2 years away? The FA seem happy with Southgate and I'm sure they'd want to him to stay.

Because I'd imagine he would be getting paid much more at Utd if INEOS really wanted him.

I hope fecking not.

How is De Zerbi the latest in the Rodgers, Poch, Tuchel list of potential managers who have never been as good as advertised in the past but will somehow get it right here if we eat Ten Hag's contract? I'm not convinced Ten Hag is the solution past next year but unless Zidane, Ancelotti or maybe..... Emery.... nah... not Emery... become available, I don't see a better option than Ten Hag.

Imagine Southgate failing at Euros and then being appointed as Man Utd manager.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This place would be so fecking horrendous if we did hire him. The negativity and wanting us to fail would be unreal.

Do you think the negativity would be unjust? We're talking about hiring somebody worse than David Moyes here.

Hopefully while Dan Ashworth is sunbathing in his garden he has time to get himself acquainted with how the fans feel……

Otherwise he might find himself back in the garden not long after starting if his first marquee signing is to bring in Southgate.

Surely SJR and Brailsworth must understand that GS would not be a smart move with the fans….

He's done well for England, but there's no guarantee he'd do just as well for a club.
Managing clubs and national teams are two completely different things.
I mean he's had experience managing in club football - specifically getting Middlesbrough relegated. So there's that I guess.

It worked for Kompany?

Kompany will have been recommended by Guardiola, who still has stock at Bayern, and ratified by Hoeness, Salihamidzic or whichever legend they have on their board.

Southgate will have been recommended by Dan Ashworth and ratified by Big Jim, because he's 'best of British'.

Huge difference, there, in fairness. Gets bigger when you consider Bayern can afford such failure whereas United, after a decade of decline, really cannot.

Do you think the negativity would be unjust? We're talking about hiring somebody worse than David Moyes here.

Not at all, it would be a horrendously depressing and worrying hire. I'd be totally disillusioned with the club. For us to have be starting this new era with....Southgate? Nightmare fuel.

When Jim Ratcliffe and INEOS took over and said they were going to appoint football people to make the big decisions and we would have best in class all round I was hopeful that we might just be pushing in the right direction. The appointment of Southgate would shatter that hope for me and set alarm bells ringing about our new decision makers as they obviously care and want to push on but they genuinely believe that this is the way forward.

Wonder who the FA would look at if Southgate did go, if they appoint the under-21 coach again its Lee Carsley…

He should have won two or three tournaments with England by now, given the wealth of talent he has to choose from, it's like shooting fish in a barrel... with a rocket launcher.
The fact he has yet to win a tournament with that squad is a joke, to be honest.

What a joke of a statement.
England literally have 1 World Cup and No European Championships in their entire history.

Also, this squad is unbelievably overrated and he's possibly even over achieved slightly.

Do I think he's a top manager, No.

I do think he's one of the best England managers of all time though.

Kompany will have been recommended by Guardiola, who still has stock at Bayern, and ratified by Hoeness, Salihamidzic or whichever legend they have on their board.

Southgate will have been recommended by Dan Ashworth and ratified by Big Jim, because he's 'best of British'.

Huge difference, there, in fairness. Gets bigger when you consider Bayern can afford such failure whereas United, after a decade of decline, really cannot.
Of all English managers he would be last on my list. I would take Howe, Gary O Neil and Potter ahead of Southgate.

Nugatory. Southgate wrings out the life of the squad that he has available to him. If we have to go English, then for me it has to be Carrick.

People took the piss out of Ole for being a "vibes" manager, but that is literally the only thing Southgate has been fabled for. I think it would be an absolutely horrendous mistake to have him as manager.

What a joke of a statement.
England literally have 1 World Cup and No European Championships in their entire history.

Also, this squad is unbelievably overrated and he's possibly even over achieved slightly.

Do I think he's a top manager, No.

I do think he's one of the best England managers of all time though.

England have a history of getting shite results despite having world class resources.

Southgate is a continuation of that.

I don't think he has won one single competitive game against a team of equal or higher ranking.

He is absolute pish.

I'll be done if it's Southgate, there's no joy there.
I’ll be gutted because I thought INEOS, Berrada and co had more about them and genuine ambition. I obviously won’t think that if they get Southgate.

However I don’t see it lasting if it happens. Soon as we hit a bad patch, which will be very early on, supporters will turn quickly because 95% or more didn’t want him in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.