Southgate replacing ETH? Yes or No?

Well...

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Frank Grimes

Seems to be a lot of noise around this and he has an association with Dan Ashworth through England. Would you be happy with the appointment? Maybe the mods could add a poll to gauge opinion.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Never. Would make me reconsider my support of the club if that dweeb is in charge.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No, also don't think there is any chance that he will be in contention for the job.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Would he do better than ETH? Yes.

Should we hire him? Absolutely not.

Only positive is he'll be starting in thin ice with fans and I don't think he'll last long.

Another negative is that it would erode all faith in Ineos and these guys coming in, if this is their grand plan.

lex talionis

It must be a no. The last thing we need is for United to regress any further.

Pickle85

Absolutely yes. We’ve hit rock bottom and there’s nothing more to lose
Never understood this logic. Things are awful, so let's continue making poor decisions in the hope that they'll become less awful...

gajender

No, also don't think there is any chance that he will be in contention for the job.
This it seems some of our fanbase just relishes being miserable and our current travails aren't enough for them they need to manufacture new ones like getting depressed about impending appointment of Southgate , when in reality I don't think he would even get interviewed for the Job .

gajender

Why? There's a Tuchel thread and Southgate is in the mix with him according to some knowledgeable people like Ornstein and the like.
Please share the link where Ornstein has confirmed United's interest in Southgate or Tuchel.

I may be wrong only thing he mentioned was Tuchel would be Interested in United's job.

Fallon d'Floor

I'd take Chris fecking Wilder over ten Hag at this stage.

Waistcoat doesn't have to be who they hire though. There are lots of other options out there. But if INEOS do hire him, it will be interesting to see how many people turn on them.

Marching On!

If it’s Southgate or sticking with Ten Hag, I pick Southgate.

He/we could literally do no worse. Our form is in free fall, it’s relegation form. Minus 4 goal difference at the end of a league campaign.

And the frightening thing is that 8th position is kind to us. Someone posted a table the other day that showed we’ve actually overachieved based on our performances this season, and that we should be around 14th in the table.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Never understood this logic. Things are awful, so let's continue making poor decisions in the hope that they'll become less awful...
What constitutes a poor decision? I don’t think the club knows either. We’ve had an array of managers and they have all failed to various degrees.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
The only positive with Southgate is his experience of scrutiny as England Manager would massively help him, and he has the personality to manage the big egos within our squad who down tools at every opportunity and aren't as good as they think they are.

From a football tactical point of view, I wouldn't have much confidence he would all of a sudden change his ways so unless there was some unbelievable no2 appointed with him, I wouldn't be too excited by it.

If you had asked me the same question a few months back I would have been 100% against it, but with the current state of the club, I'm pretty confident the next manager will fail anyway. Southgate would probably steady the ship, but I wouldn't expect us to be challenging the elite anytime soon.

Pickle85

What constitutes a poor decision? I don’t think the club knows either. We’ve had an array of managers and they have all failed to various degrees.
But your logic seems to be 'nothing can be worse than ETH so let's just spin the wheel and play manager roulette. It's not like it's 'Southgate or nobody'.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not only is the answer a resounding no, but it would also throw into question the entire integrity of Ineos and what they are trying to do from the off.