St Mary's Stadium

Kick-off
Sat, 14 September 2024 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    I’m absolutely thrilled that club football is back!

Let's put in a strong performance today, secure those three points, and build some winning momentum.

We’ve already shown we’re capable – we outplayed Fulham, and on another day, we should’ve beaten Brighton.

The start this season has been miles ahead of last year, and while I’ve got some concerns about the attack, I’m hopeful they’ll click into gear soon.

Time to push on and make this season count!

I’m absolutely thrilled that club football is back!

Let's put in a strong performance today, secure those three points, and build some winning momentum.

We’ve already shown we’re capable – we outplayed Fulham, and on another day, we should’ve beaten Brighton.

The start this season has been miles ahead of last year, and while I’ve got some concerns about the attack, I’m hopeful they’ll click into gear soon.

Time to push on and make this season count!
    This comes across as insanely optimistic :lol: I kinda like it.

Unless Ten Hag grows a pair and benches under performers like Rashford and Casemiro and uses players like Bruno in the right role, he is in for trouble.

Despite spending a fortune under him, it still feels like an incomplete, disjointed team who are very poorly drilled and look clueless on how to defend as a team. On top of that, out forward players can’t hit the back of the net.

The sooner we sort this out the better. If he isn’t the man to solve these problems then we should get rid instead of building castles in the air of Ajax type domination.
    What he said!

Not sure why I keep seeing comments like this, at what exactly?

He's got one of our lowest pass completion rates (71%), hasn't registered a shot, has a 20% success at take ons, been tackled 10 times, is way down the team in carries.

He's basically run around a bit and somehow getting praise for such a basic effort.

Don't look at the stats. Watch the actual game. Even against Liverpool he should have got 1 or 2 assists. We have worse performing players. Hence, he is doing fine.

Least we won’t be just relying on Bruno’s creativity. Eriksen can pick out lovely passes

Oh god. I expected Ugarte to be benched but expected Casemiro to play. Eriksen playing is concerning. Wingers are fair enough given they performed better than Garnacho against Liverpool. Should still be a comfortable win but I am a bit more nervous than before the team reveal.

Not convinced by the Eriksen pick, but at least he comes off two games for Denmark with +60 minutes in each, so he shouldn't be too rusty.

What a curveball. In an away game too...I mean, Eriksen will be able to build up better but he will not be able to press high and track back.. could be suicidal stuff (again)...

Well he’s clearly trying to rotate and give all players game time. He’s also clearly opting for fresh legs rather than players that played in South America etc. let’s hope it doesn’t back fire.

Garnacho is better on the right. Both statistically and eye test

The numbers don’t back that up? Similar numbers and he played more on the left last season. We’ve been terrible down the right side for a while now imo, he looks way more dangerous on the left for me.

Eriksen starting is a bit mental. The fact he’s still here is even moreso really

No excuses.
    He loses and there's no defending him.

He wins and deserves no credit at all we shoul DBE beating this lot they are diabolical.

Eriksen starting could be a horrible decision, good to see Amad back in but Rashford really is made of Teflon.

Interesting team. Feels like Bruno will have to drop deeper and play a more conventional midfield 3 with Eriksen in there as well. There isn’t too much ball winning ability so we will have to maintain possession well once we get it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 284 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw