Sir Alex Ferguson has retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Moyes bashers are a bit retarded, truth be told.

Think on it for a moment: if it happens, Fergie will have had a big influence in Moyes taking over. If it's good enough for him, it should be good enough for all of us.

There's more to football management, and managing United, than just being flavour of the month.

I'd personally be happy with Moyes. But if the initial reaction is anything to go by, Moyes would be screwed if these rumours are true!

Who's suggested anybody flavour of the month? Mourinho and Klopp are the biggest suggestions and they're not flavour of the month.

I don't want to believe this, but he has earnt the right to leave on his terms. At seventy years old he deserves to enjoy his retirement away from the stresses and strains of top flight management.

Hopefully he still feels that he's got another season or two in him, but if not, then thank you Sir Alex for everything you have done for our wonderful club.

This is what happens when they try to make him go play fecking golf. It's the devil's sport. He's retiring so he doesn't have to go to it.

Who's suggested anybody flavour of the month? Mourinho and Klopp are the biggest suggestions and they're not flavour of the month.

feck me, I keep getting picked up for my errant phraseology today. I was angling at the point that Moyes isn't a fancied candidate.

He has given us 26 years of his life so deserves a break from football to enjoy some time with his family, winning another tittle with United will be the perfect way to leave.

I was three when he became manager. It will be the weirdest thing ever when he does reitre. But he won't leave us this Summer. I hope not. He can't.

My heads a fecking mess here

We laugh at RAWK for their meltdowns, but all I took was rumours of our greatest managers retirement to send us all into chaos.

Normally Sir Alwx hasn't cared for records. With our Clean sheet record he opted to put PIG in goal (pole in goal in goal ha) who promptly let one in. This year he opted gave our players permission/motivation to go for Chelseas records

Moyes is a very good manager, why are folk so down on him? Sure he looks like Ground keeper Willy but is that enough of a reason to dislike?

And this

I'll be Pulis taking over. The Glazers want our play to be more similar to the NFL so the American market can be expanded.

If this news is false, will Fergie ban every single paper from further conferences? :lol:

For those trying to read into stories position in papers, this appears to be a telegraph story, hence they have done the most on it.
The others seem to have been able to write something based on telegraph story in time to get mention of it in their papers/online but having not - I'm guessing - got the story from their own sources it would be very difficult for them to reshape their papers this late for story. Will almost certainly be on telegraph sport front page and maybe even front of paper.

Wasn't Ferguson always saying Quiroz would be a good replacement? Don't think Ferguson being a great manager necessarily means he'll be a good judge of who should follow him. Moyes might work out but there are certainly other options who would seem like surer bets.

Until the Boss says otherwise he remains the Boss

Fergie if you've got to go away,
I don't think I can take the pain,
Won't you stay another day...
Oh don't leave me alone like this,
Our fecking midfield takes the piss,
Won't you stay another day.

Look at it this way... players won't struggle to understand Moyes. It'd be a seamless change.

We laugh at RAWK for their meltdowns, but all I took was rumours of our greatest managers retirement to send us all into chaos.

Normally Sir Alwx hasn't cared for records. With our Clean sheet record he opted to put PIG in goal (pole in goal in goal ha) who promptly let one in. This year he opted gave our players permission/motivation to go for Chelseas records

Hardly something minimal.

It's a massive risk for any manager but it's perfectly normal for people to be unsure about a manager who's never managed a club of this magnitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.