Sir Alex Ferguson has retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are not expecting to hear anything until the NYSE opens at around 2:30 UK time?

It could be an announcement of a interim manager, while he's away having the hip operation.

Probably not to be honest, until the club comments on anything its all just sensationalist crap.

I'm pretty sure we're going to be getting a big announcement regarding his future soon. When you have a story unanimously being reported by everyone (not just shit tabloids), there's almost always an element of truth to it. BBC don't have a ticker for silly transfer rumours!

He might not be retiring, but something's definitely up. If it was "sensationalist crap", the club/sources in the club would have commented on it by now.

So we are not expecting to hear anything until the NYSE opens at around 2:30 UK time?

We could hear anything any time before 2:30 UK time. We wont have any announcement after that time as the NYSE and its rules require a company to release statements about significant information that relates to how it is run before the NYSE opens.

I'm pretty sure we're going to be getting a big announcement regarding his future soon. When you have a story unanimously being reported by everyone (not just shit tabloids), there's almost always an element of truth to it. BBC don't have a ticker for silly transfer rumours!

He might not be retiring, but something's definitely up.

Oh yes we will hear something in the future soon, of course. Look nobody is in denial here that the day of his retirement is closer than ever. Well some may be in denial but most of us are not however like I said before, until the club schedules an announcement or says something all we have is unfounded tripe.

He wouldn't just come out and say he was leaving and spoil everyone's party for the weekend, lifting the trophy and the parade would be a bit of a downer. Can't see it myself, maybe it's an announcement to do with how long he has left and who the next manager is.

He wouldn't just come out and say he was leaving and spoil everyone's party for the weekend, lifting the trophy and the parade would be a bit of a downer. Can't see it myself, maybe it's an announcement to do with how long he has left and who the next manager is.

On the other hand it could be the chance for fans to give him the perfect farewell if something was said before the weekend. Who knows? Something may be up but we will just keep guessing for now.

I personally think it will be, SAF retires, Moyes signs up, Ronaldo and Bale join, Rooney is sold...all rolled into one epic head feck of an announcement.

What is the Ronaldo tweet about ? Is he just being a troll ? :p

Oh yes we will hear something in the future soon, of course. Look nobody is in denial here that the day of his retirement is closer than ever. Well some may be in denial but most of us are not however like I said before, until the club schedules an announcement or says something all we have is unfounded tripe.

Point I'm making is it's not unfounded tripe. There's obviously a reason every single media outlet is reporting the story and we're refusing to say anything. The club doesn't have to say anything for us to read between lines.

Point I'm making is it's not unfounded tripe. There's obviously a reason every single media outlet is reporting the story and we're refusing to say anything. The club doesn't have to say anything for us to read between lines.

See my epic head feck announcement in above post I made. It could happen...

My uninformed guess will be a significant announcement on an assistant. If that man is Moyes, then bets are probably off as to who will also eventually succeed Fergie, whenever that happens.

If a new assistant manager is announced Giggs would be a good choice as an apprentice.

On the other hand it could be the chance for fans to give him the perfect farewell if something was said before the weekend. Who knows? Something may be up but we will just keep guessing for now.

I personally think it will be, SAF retires, Moyes signs up, Ronaldo and Bale join, Rooney is sold...all rolled into one epic head feck of an announcement.

Bale and Ronnie please, but please god not Moyes. Only way I'd even entertain Moyes is if he goes as his understudy for a few seasons.

Good point on the final farewell, didn't think of it like that.

We can't have Kid Cunto be the thread starter for the Fergie retiring thread. This isn't right.

If you take Twitter away from the original rumour then all you have is paper speculation, which we have had for years. I am worried though...

the special one as new assistant for fergies last year as manager ,taking position on the board after .special one brings ronaldo as humble offering to the red gods

It's got to be total BS. Obviously someone has decided to sensationalize SAF's hip surgery and come out with a sudden retirement story, which will sell newspapers for its headlines. Even though there's no evidence to suggest, at least half of football fans out there will believe these rumours, I suppose they haven't been fans long enough to realize 99% of rumours in football are BS.

If BBC came up with a story that SAF was actually an alien in disguise, you can be sure there would be 3 or 4 threads here dedicated to aliens and which planet our new manager would come from.
Add to that SAF was talking about signings for next season just last week. Until it is confirmed on the official united page, I'm going to ignore the whole rumour

Jesus Christ roll on the Friday press conference. The next couple of days are going to be hell.

fecking hell, I hadn't heard a thing about this until I walked into work and opened this mammoth thread.

Is it actually possible that this will happen?

I've just put €50 on Fergie as Chelsea's next manager.

Paddy Crerand denies Alex Ferguson to retire rumours on newstalk radio.

fecking hell, I hadn't heard a thing about this until I walked into work and opened this mammoth thread.

Is it actually possible that this will happen?
Not this summer.

People seem to be forgetting we support the club.

Players, managers and owners all move on at some point.

I can't decide if the news on the golf course devastated or delighted Vidic.

_Nemanja_Vidic__1724020a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.