Sir Alex Ferguson has retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Walker saying he was at the golf day yesterday and nothing happened.

I reckon we'll announce a new sponsorship deal.

"Manchester United has agreed a lucrative 100m deal spanning over 15 years with world's leading ophthalmology equipment company Lombart Instrument.

"Fantastic deal" said one official. Our vision is clear and our goals in sight."

People seem to be forgetting we support the club.

Players, managers and owners all move on at some point.

But there are a few (managers or players) who are synonymous with the club, so if they retire or move on, it causes a huge void at the club you support.

The journalists also need us, more than we need them. In this day and age, the club is just not reliant on the news hacks to bring them publicity. Twitter, facebook, we got out own satellite channels etc.

I'm confused, why does everyone think something is happening at ten?

Because a rumour was started that something was going to happen today or even this week and because the club have not confirmed nor denied it the media are having a f.a.p attack.

People seem to be forgetting we support the club.

Players, managers and owners all move on at some point.

I don't think anyone is forgetting this but I think for fans like myself (born in '87) not knowing anything but SAF at Manchester United the idea of him retiring is a bit... scary. Obviously it's something that will have to happen one day though and I'm sure everyone will back the club and be grateful for all that SAF has done for us.

I may as well throw it in here, now ITV are saying an announcement to be made at 9.15....because you know the 10.00 and 14.30 times for an announcement just clearly did not seem right....

I may as well throw it in here, now ITV are saying an announcement to be made at 9.15...

Assuming you mean AM, at least they're not making us wait too long for their BS to be proved wrong.

I bet there's a forum somewhere with an equivalent of Spoony absolutely pissing himself at how his rumour has grown.

Assuming you mean AM, at least they're not making us wait too long for their BS to be proved wrong.

Yes, AM. Oh dont worry, once 9.15 comes and goes Im sure they will throw another time out there for us.

I don't think anyone is forgetting this but I think for fans like myself (born in '87) not knowing anything but SAF at Manchester United the idea of him retiring is a bit... scary. Obviously it's something that will have to happen one day though and I'm sure everyone will back the club and be grateful for all that SAF has done for us.

The difference between now and pre fergie is the club is structured to be successful. Hes transformed the club at every level to be a footballing juggernaut , from the academy to the first team, everything at teh club is geared to winning.

Yes, we will still miss him, but hes made the next guys job much easier than it was when he arrived, people often point to 5 years before a trophy, without mentioning the club was a shambles of a place at the time , unprofessional and poorly ran.

The biggest problem for his replacement will be the comparisons, by the media and some of our fans, the club itself is in a very good position, indeed, within 2 years, and assuming the FFP is enforced,its likely we could outspend virtually every club on the planet if we wished.

09:16....no announcement.

ManUtd_PressOffice ‏@ManUtd_PO 16s

Sir Alex Ferguson retires. #thankyousiralex

feck.

Good thing I don't have to succeed him. Immense pressure in that job.

Oh feck, well twitter seems to have imploded and I bet the caf will be bombarded with traffic today.

Status
Not open for further replies.