Semi-finals | Spain vs France | Netherlands vs England

It's not a penalty but then if thats given everywhere else on the pitch, the argument is why should the penalty area be any different? Because penalty kicks are too punishing and maybe need re-visiting on certain decisions in on the box? They need to come up with new ideas that isn't punishing but gives an advantage on certain decisions

Found that to be extremely dull and inert despite the chances and the penalty drama.

Good post. The Dutch have been shocking to the point where I have no idea what they’re even trying to do.

Because Koeman has no plan. Looks like he has his excuse ready for when they get knocked out and has been going through the motions all tournament.

Kane has been so bad, his positioning at this tournament has been odd.

Why is he finding himself outside of the box on crosses, or playing on the wing?
As a forward he's been a tad underwhelming but he's done really well when he's comeback into midfield and linked the play.

Little harsh on Trippier who was quite good after a couple of idiotic offsides but probably the right call.

If Netherlands reach the final and play like this against Spain, they’re going to get destroyed. England will have a chance due to Gareth’s deal with the devil.

Wout's on :drool:. Either england go through, or we get to see a happy Weghorst charge to the fans. No losing there.

I don't know if it's my imagination, but it looks like Bellingham never wants to pass to Foden / Saka / Mainoo. It almost seems like he is loath to have another young player outshine him.

Whereas Mainoo, Foden and Saka working it down the right have been really good and all the threat is coming from the movement and understanding they have developed between them.
Definitely your imagination. Why tf would a player ever do that apart from some weird conspiracy in your mind?

Yep. I think Foden has been underwhelming but he hasn't stank the place out in this tournament. Tonight he's been fantastic.
Kane has done really well outside the box but ideally we need him inside more. And Bellingham has been fine too.
There's no in-between here. You're either rated as shit or really amazing.

I think Phils been poor this tournamet but like 4/10 poor (like Harry), whereas the other were 5 to 7/10 dependant on the game. Today Jude is funny enough struggling but he's playing on the left with Trippier so having the same issues Phil was.

Shaw on could help him.

I don’t actually agree , the block had to be attempted

Neville said what most of us are thinking “what exactly is a penalty?”. There was a time when you might not agree with a decision but you’d know. Now there’s penalties given and I’m scratching my head as the commentators say “well if you do anything in the box and don’t get the ball it’s a penalty by default” type explanation.

Most reasonable people would see that as clearly not a penalty and yet there’s doubt mostly because the rules are kind of just all over the place.

I mean defenders now have to practically tie their hands behind their backs when there’s gonna be a shot/cross anywhere near them.

Fifa won’t be happy until it’s a non contact sport with quantum physics VAR decisions being given in games.

Definitely your imagination. Why tf would a player ever do that apart from some weird conspiracy in your mind?

I don't think its that, Jude is just a bit greedy and turns down the simple pass for the attempted killer one too much maybe.