Music Sam Smith (Singer)

I get sad when pop stars dress like they're shopping the middle aisle in Lidl. Make an effort you twats. Then when you do we get to call you weirdos. That's just how it's always been.

I get sad when pop stars dress like they're shopping the middle aisle in Lidl. Make an effort you twats. Then when you do we get to call you weirdos. That's just how it's always been.
That reminds me of the time one of my mates went into a B&Q only to see Nick Cave also perusing the aisles - looking splendid in his typical black tailored suit and white shirt, exactly as you would expect.

i was saying they get more negative attention than others do because of those reasons yes. as evidenced by the likes of Piers taking the piss out of their gender identity for no reason. and the pages of people taking the piss earlier in this thread even.

it's the equivalent of homophobic 'bants' from the 80s. history won't look back kindly. the fact we've all lived through that kind of discriminatory language and here we are repeating it again as a society really doesn't speak well of our ability to learn from the past.
I don't think there were "bants" in the 80s, just homophobia. I think you're thinking of the 2000s.

That reminds me of the time one of my mates went into a B&Q only to see Nick Cave also perusing the aisles - looking splendid in his typical black tailored suit and white shirt, exactly as you would expect.

Nick is obviously the real deal.

I think there is a subtle difference between the National Front queer bashing people and people calling things "gay".

i specifically referred to the 1980s, not the 00s. you can remove the term 'bants' if you like, although people were clearly taking the piss out of gay people during the 80s, 90s and even 00s yes.

i specifically referred to the 1980s, not the 00s. you can remove the term 'bants' if you like, although people were clearly taking the piss out of gay people during the 80s, 90s and even 00s yes.
I think people were more homophobic forty years ago.

Do you think Sam Smith comes in for the ridicule they do because they are gay?

Last edited:
Apologies, Im totally lost now, can somebody confirm: As long as I refer to them as them/they is it still ok to think their music is shit or they are a bit of a tit?

Apologies, Im totally lost now, can somebody confirm: As long as I refer to them as them/they is it still ok to think their music is shit or they are a bit of a tit?
Why wouldn’t it be ok?

It really shows how ingrained some people's belief of sex and gender are that they simply cannot get they/them pronouns correct in a thread literally dominated by that very specific discussion, with that failure having been pointed out probably a hundred times now.

I get we have all lived the majority of our lives immediately gendering everyone we meet as he or she and that's a hard habit to break but after 9 pages and people posting 30 odd times it's hard not to consider that it could be intentional/showing something of a less than ideal bias.

Wild.

this is way more offensive that an inflatable bin bag or whatever

rs_500x1024-160108075340-634.Britney-Spears-Justin-Timberlake-Double-Denim.jl.010816.jpg

The muppets who can't understand they/them can be singular are my favourite.

i was saying they get more negative attention than others do because of those reasons yes. as evidenced by the likes of Piers taking the piss out of their gender identity for no reason. and the pages of people taking the piss earlier in this thread even.

it's the equivalent of homophobic 'bants' from the 80s. history won't look back kindly. the fact we've all lived through that kind of discriminatory language and here we are repeating it again as a society really doesn't speak well of our ability to learn from the past.

I like how you care more about calling Sam Smith as "they" more you care about your own literacy and not using capital letters at start of the sentence. Gotta love the modern world we live in.

I like how you care more about calling Sam Smith as "they" more you care about your own literacy and not using capital letters at start of the sentence. Gotta love the modern world we live in.
What a weird post. One has a negative affect on someone, one doesn't.

there’s always one that ends up crossing the line.

What a weird post. One has a negative affect on someone, one doesn't.

I don't think Sam Smith has access to general forum so I don't see how that would that affect them.

It's just people who are obsessed with political correctness who feel strongly affected by it by the looks of it. And I would be fine with that if those same people were affected when someone calls Bale super monkey or Di Maria a rat or something similar that is far worse than calling person who was "he" their entire life instead of "they". But those same people are not concerned for Bale's or Di Maria's mental health because it's not something that's modern enough, even though there is far bigger percentage of people who are known and called for their ugly looks than being non binary.

But I guess non binary have far more protection because they decided to be that, hence they are immediately protected in modern world(which is fair enough), so people who are ugly are not protected in modern world when someone calls them ugly, and I am sure the second one has far more negative on mental health.

Last edited:
I don't think Sam Smith has access to general forum so I don't see how would that affect him.

It's just people who are obsessed with political correctness who feel strongly affected by it by the looks of it. And I would be fine with that if those same people were affected when someone calls Bale super monkey or Di Maria a rat or something similar that is far worse than calling person who was "he" their entire life instead of "they". But those same people are not concerned for Bale's or Di Maria's mental health because it's not something that's modern enough, even though there is far bigger percentage of people who are known and called for their ugly looks than being non binary.

But I guess non binary have far more protection because they decided to be that, hence they are immediately protected in modern world(which is fair enough), so people who are ugly are not protected in modern world when someone calls them ugly, and I am sure the second one has far more negative on mental health.
They.

Of course Sam Smith isn't gonna see this but we may have some non binary posters and it'd be nice for them to see that posters here will respect their choices when it comes to pronouns, no?

The rest of your post is nonsense tbh.

They.

Of course Sam Smith isn't gonna see this but we may have some non binary posters and it'd be nice for them to see that posters here will respect their choices when it comes to pronouns, no?

The rest of your post is nonsense tbh.

Again, honest mistake, as I used they in the rest of the post, so I will edit that first sentence. It's really not easy as English is my second language, and I feel no need to call Sam Smith he, I am fine with they, but I simply forget that as I don't even know them that much. I don't think I have ever heard what they do except saw two or three articles about their fashion.

Of course everyone will respect non binary posters here, I don't think that's even questionable.

So you think insulting someone based on their looks is nonsense. Great stuff, I am sure you would be great with school kids.