Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

One wonders whether the recent media coverage of the energy crisis prompted Ukraine to speed up its operations before they lose public support in the winter?

It's definitely been an objective for Ukraine to regain lost land before the winter. They know when winter hits there will be more talk in the european population whether it's worth it with declining living standards.

What's the exact translation?
In this situation, the best picture of the future is the overall picture of the past. Our common past, recent. When everyone is together, when Victory Day, when there is a parade, when both Russian and Ukrainian are taught. When both in kokoshniks, wonderful songs are sung both in one language and in another.
All together, everyone is happy, everyone is calm and proud that we are together. It was an excellent picture. I am sure, in a historical perspective, no other option is possible.

In this situation, the best picture of the future is the overall picture of the past. Our common past, recent. When everyone is together, when Victory Day, when there is a parade, when both Russian and Ukrainian are taught. When both in kokoshniks, wonderful songs are sung both in one language and in another.
All together, everyone is happy, everyone is calm and proud that we are together. It was an excellent picture. I am sure, in a historical perspective, no other option is possible.

What complete nonsense. :lol:

Yes but everything we've seen online has been coming from the parody account. Unless Girkin has a real social media account or telegram channel i don't know about.
I think the real Girkin is often quoted, but where the quotes come from specifically, I don't know either.

I thought the Girkin page on Twitter was a parody account ?
Don’t know if the Twitter page is a parody account and controlled by someone else than Girkin, but the lad has his official Telegram channel with over 500k followers and since the beginning of war he was extremely critical of Russia’s incompetence and general idiocy in the Russian army. Obviously that’s not because he loves Ukrainians and their freedom, but he knows his shit and never held back in pointing out bad decisions by Russian commanders.

Don’t know if the Twitter page is a parody account and controlled by someone else than Girkin, but the lad has his official Telegram channel with over 500k followers and since the beginning of war he was extremely critical of Russia’s incompetence and general idiocy in the Russian army. Obviously that’s not because he loves Ukrainians and their freedom, but he knows his shit and never held back in pointing out bad decisions by Russian commanders.

Good to know. I don't mess with Telegram, but suspected he may have a significant voice there.

Yes but everything we've seen online has been coming from the parody account. Unless Girkin has a real social media account or telegram channel i don't know about.
He is active on Telegram and gave some interviews.

Fantastic news from the northeast if true. Maybe this is the point of inflection we were hoping for.

The UA should have by now:
-More units available on the battlefront.
-Better prepared/equipped units.
-A better and more consistent flow of weapons coming from the west.
-The cappacity of launching offensives.
-A better logistics/chain of supply systems.
-A better working chain of command.
-A huge boost in morale.

Putin seems to be running low on options available. By now it looks like what he can do is:

A) Do nothing, prepare for more losses and get his leadership questioned in the months to come.
B) Dig in, wait for the winter and hope the EU gets inconvenienced enough to pressure Ukraine for peace (increasingly unlikely).
C) Call for a full mobilization, which will simultaneuously take time, money they don't have and draw attention to the fact that they're losing the w, err, Special Operation to a former colony/vassal state with all the political consequences implied. And, of course, this doesn't even guarantee a win in the battlefield.
D) Go nuclear and/or WMD, which doesn't necessarily achieve any military goal and isolates them from the rest of the world (without even considering the small possibility of retaliation from other nuclear powers).

Is there any other way out?

Fantastic news from the northeast if true. Maybe this is the point of inflection we were hoping for.

The UA should have by now:
-More units available on the battlefront.
-Better prepared/equipped units.
-A better and more consistent flow of weapons coming from the west.
-The cappacity of launching offensives.
-A better logistics/chain of supply systems.
-A better working chain of command.
-A huge boost in morale.

Putin seems to be running low on options available. By now it looks like what he can do is:

A) Do nothing, prepare for more losses and get his leadership questioned in the months to come.
B) Dig in, wait for the winter and hope the EU gets inconvenienced enough to pressure Ukraine for peace (increasingly unlikely).
C) Call for a full mobilization, which will simultaneuously take time, money they don't have and draw attention to the fact that they're losing the w, err, Special Operation to a former colony/vassal state with all the political consequences implied. And, of course, this doesn't even guarantee a win in the battlefield.
D) Go nuclear and/or WMD, which doesn't necessarily achieve any military goal and isolates them from the rest of the world (without even considering the small possibility of retaliation from other nuclear powers).

Is there any other way out?

Some one close to Putin puts a bullet in his head and the new President calls off and decries the special operation before the Russian army is massacred.

Some one close to Putin puts a bullet in his head and the new President calls off and decries the special operation before the Russian army is massacred.

You're right, I forgot the Putin's Smoking Problem option. How likely is it tough? He's probably surrounded by a battallion of yes men whose only real merit is loyalty. To Putin, not Russia. That would make it really hard for a scheme to work.

He has a telegram channel & he has been arguably the most honest and reliable source of information from the Russian side (he highlights all the fails and inefficiencies as he tries to argue for a more active and well-supported offense).

Those reports from earlier on Donetsk airport being in Ukrainian hands might have had something in them, suggestions now that the battle for Donetsk might be underway.

Ridiculous to even think about two days ago.
It’s very chaotic though, can be a lot of jumping the gun so have to keep this in mind. The way things are unfolding I doubt even the top commanders have real-time full picture of what’s happening on the ground currently.

It’s a shame that the translation doesn’t fully grasp the lengths they go to hide that it’s a retreat :lol:

Operation to furl/convolute and relocate the forces in an organized fashion.

Just a little glimpse of what RF left in Izium for Ukrainians as gesture of goodwill (watch video in reply to this ridiculous propaganda tweet).

Last edited:
Shakhtar will be back at home in the CL after the international break at this rate! :drool: