Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

A no fly zone over Ukraine? That basically will be a declaration of war, unless I'm reading this wrong.

Apologies if posted already. Is this for real?

I have seen people suggest that it was out of context. That he said that they don't want to kill Ukrainians but will and that Putin decision's is just.

A no fly zone over Ukraine? That basically will be a declaration of war, unless I'm reading this wrong.

Yeah, it's not like Libya where you can take control of the airspace and bomb the shit out of who you want. This time you'd have to actual fight Russian planes. Never happening.

I've seen that, and they seemed to be a good source so far, but we must be cautios with media from both sides

Yes I agree, but things like this can be verified rather quickly, so I believe it is correct myself as there has been multiple reports from various sources too. Hard to shell a city with artillery without hitting civilian targets.

No, the weird take is the lick of the lips at the prospect of the Ukrainian population being absolutely annihilated in urban insurgency and guerrilla combat.
Yeah they should just let them take the country and then pick who to kill and who to keep. And while at that let them pick 5 more countries to take so we make sure Putin is happy. Or 10 if 5 isn’t enough. Just make sure Vlad is happy.

No, the weird take is the lick of the lips at the prospect of the Ukrainian population being absolutely annihilated in urban insurgency and guerrilla combat.

Again, absolutely no-one on here is licking their lips 'at the prospect of the Ukrainian population being absolutely annihilated'. Where are you getting this from?

Yeah they should just let them take the country and then pick who to kill and who to keep. And while at that let them pick 5 more countries to take so we make sure Putin is happy.

You're in Krakow, I'm sure they'd be happy to take a volunteer. What's stopping you making the trip if it means so much to you? If you start now you can be there by the morning.

I've seen that, and they seem to be a good source so far, but we must be cautios with media from both sides

Yes I wanted to say this without sounding like I'm on Putin's side. We can't take all information coming out of Ukraine as being 100% true either.

Again, absolutely no-one on here is licking their lips 'at the prospect of the Ukrainian population being absolutely annihilated'. Where are you getting this from?
Stupid isnt it. We are watching a nation fight for its freedom. Its inspiring and I hope they can do it. Heroes, all.

There is perhaps something to be said that some people find this entertaining. Like we're comfortably watching a show that doesn't affect us. Of course, anybody with an ounce of empathy is not enjoying this at all.
...but those subreddits dedicated to clips of front line action, with the more gory or dramatic warfare clips having the most upvotes and awards, that always looks like rubbernecking.

I'm sure they would word it differently but yes, they would have to strike russian anti-air on the ground to implement it.

There is perhaps something to be said that some people find this entertaining. Like we're comfortably watching a show that doesn't affect us. Of course, anybody with an ounce of empathy is not enjoying this at all.
...but those subreddits dedicated to clips of front line action, with the more gory or dramatic warfare clips having the most upvotes and awards, that always looks like rubbernecking.

And this thread is full of it. A bunch of people thinking this is Command & Conquer, and generational damage isn't being done to multiple countries.

You're in Krakow, I'm sure they'd be happy to take a volunteer. What's stopping you making the trip if it means so much to you? If you start now you can be there by the morning.
I wouldn’t be a much of help anyway, I’m not a trained soldier or capable of doing anything substantial there, nor can I assure anyone that I wouldn’t try to take my family elsewhere if things got heated here. I will never criticize anyone for fleeing when the war started either, you can protect yourself if you want to.

What I however will never ever do is slag people off for fighting for their own country or hope that they lose the battle they are willing to fight, for any reason whatsoever. Those people are heroes. I got Ukrainian people I know who went there the minute it started and I admire every single one of them.

Also, I have been out there all day helping refugees, helping them settle, buying groceries and being in constant touch with all my Ukrainian friends who need help. Going to the border tomorrow to pick a few of them up. What have you done so far, aside from hoping that they get beaten as quickly as possible?

And this thread is full of it. A bunch of people thinking this is Command & Conquer, and generational damage isn't being done to multiple countries.
"And this thread is full of it". Absolute rubbish. I've yet to see this mass joy of gory combat footage in this thread that you imply.

I wouldn’t be a much of help anyway, I’m not a trained soldier or capable of doing anything substantial there, nor can I assure anyone that I wouldn’t try to take my family elsewhere if things got heated here. I will never criticize anyone for fleeing when the war started either, you can protect yourself if you want to.

What I however will never ever do is slag people off for fighting for their own country or hope that they lose the battle they are willing to fight, for any reason whatsoever. Those people are heroes. I got Ukrainian people I know who went there the minute it started and I admire every single one of them.

Also, I have been out there all day helping refugees, helping them settle, buying groceries and being in constant touch with all my Ukrainian friends who need help. Going to the border tomorrow to pick a few of them up. What have you done so far, aside from hoping that they get beaten as quickly as possible?

I haven't slagged anyone off for fighting for their country. I want this to be over with as few lives lost as possible, on all sides.

I commend you for your efforts, however. Keep up the good work and I hope you help as many as you can.

Well said, Sarni

I don't know under what international law implementing a no-fly zone over Ukraine, with their leader's permission, for both sides, is in any way a declaration of war. A country has a right to accept or deny any aircraft into its airspace. I've not seen an actual answer to that.

Head of Gazprom's treasury department. Found dead in his garage. Looks like he hang up himself. A note next to the body was found.
Earlier another high level staff from one one subsidiary companies was also found dead in the same elite neighbourhood which is known as Gazprom's nest.
Thanks.